2023 Las Vegas Raiders schedule discussion thread

Totty

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wait... for real? I remember my English teacher teaching this and I typed that way for years, only to drop it to one space when someone commented on it in a work email. Then I convinced myself I made remembered it wrong from English class. 

It's formal writing, so mostly found in peer reviewed research papers, books, formal essays, the educational community.  But since no one uses formal writing techniques in everyday communication, it probably looks weird to most people. Makes sense someone was like..."wtf is that?!"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NickButera said:

*raises hand*

...also, you missed a comma.  Don't forget to double space after a period.  Also don't use profanity.  It's not used in formal writing, and it's against our forum rules too. 

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wait... for real? I remember my English teacher teaching this and I typed that way for years, only to drop it to one space when someone commented on it in a work email. Then I convinced myself I made remembered it wrong from English class. 

I'm in the military.  We double space after our periods.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, true2form said:

Tell that to Grammarly! It's always telling me to cut out the double space.  That's what I was taught and have done all my life, grrrr.

I've never used Grammarly.  We have a manual for how to write.  Because you know, it's the military.  Lol.

Not using double spacing after a period is insanity.  What kind of Blasphemous nonsense is grammerly and whoever else trying to pull.  It’s 2 spaces…. I’d rather entertain the idea of JMD for lifetime coach of the Raiders than single space after a period.  

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:26 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Not using double spacing after a period is insanity.  What kind of Blasphemous nonsense is grammerly and whoever else trying to pull.  It’s 2 spaces…. I’d rather entertain the idea of JMD for lifetime coach of the Raiders than single space after a period.  

The lesser of two evils lol.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 5:02 PM, Dessie said:

Yup agreed, weak mentality thinking like that imo. 

Yep, let’s get our stuff together and march into their little Chiefdom and beat them down like we did a few years ago with Carr and Ruggs connecting a few times.

I’d much rather see Mahomes scurry off without shaking hands like a child again than see him leave on a stretcher. Respect his talent and that of KC, but love to go to their house and TKO them 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

The lesser of two evils lol.

Exactly… there has to be some standards in life and double spacing after a period, explanation mark, or question mark Is one of them.  When did single spacing become a thing?  Whose behind this single spacing nonesense?

I think it’s the iPhone.  Cuz I just noticed it allows for single spacing.  I never even noticed it until now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, let’s get our stuff together and march into their little Chiefdom and beat them down like we did a few years ago with Carr and Ruggs connecting a few times.

I’d much rather see Mahomes scurry off without shaking hands like a child again than see him leave on a stretcher. Respect his talent and that of KC, but love to go to their house and TKO them 😁

I don’t think wanting to TKO Mahomes (and every opposing WB, albeit the better the QB of throw bigger the rival the greater the desire) and wanting to build a good team that wins are mutually exclusive ideas.

when did the old “the QB must go down and he must go down hard” become a taboo philosophy?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly… there has to be some standards in life and double spacing after a period, explanation mark, or question mark Is one of them.  When did single spacing become a thing?  Whose behind this single spacing nonesense?

I think it’s the iPhone.  Cuz I just noticed it allows for single spacing.  I never even noticed it until now.

I think it's an european thing. I never heard about double spacing until now.

Back in school i learned typing with a typewriter and we always used single spacing.

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think wanting to TKO Mahomes (and every opposing WB, albeit the better the QB of throw bigger the rival the greater the desire) and wanting to build a good team that wins are mutually exclusive ideas.

when did the old “the QB must go down and he must go down hard” become a taboo philosophy?  

Not really sure I agree, I wouldn’t like to see a player (well, excepting a certain sex offender QB) get a serious injury. 

I agree the QB must go down and he must go down hard. Sure, knock him out for the game with some sore ribs or something but I’m not advocating putting a bounty on his head and trying to break his legs. We can beat him fair and square as we’ve done in the past. Beat him up like the Buccs did but don’t cripple the kid.

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I think it's an european thing. I never heard about double spacing until now.

Back in school i learned typing with a typewriter and we always used single spacing.

My partner does it when she’s submitting legal documents or to universities I’ve noticed. I’ve never used double spaces, it looks a bit strange to me and we were never taught it in school or university 🤨

18 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly… there has to be some standards in life and double spacing after a period, explanation mark, or question mark Is one of them.  When did single spacing become a thing?  Whose behind this single spacing nonsense?

People who received diplomas just for showing up.  They are the ones responsible.  When enough idiots congregate bad things happen.  Teachers are no longer being required to teach such important topics such as the importance of double spacing after periods.  Now they just smoke crack and hand out passing grades.

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

My partner does it when she’s submitting legal documents or to universities I’ve noticed. I’ve never used double spaces, it looks a bit strange to me and we were never taught it in school or university 🤨

Never too late to start.

• Like 1