Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I told y'all he failed his physical, yikes, good move though? @big_palooka

I think it was smart business in case everything goes south with the injury. Could be a moot point as he could be healthy at TC. Could also lead to Tom Brady starting this year.

49ers doctors looking bad right now. Seems like they could had this surgery last year and he would of been healthy. Instead they were looking to play him in the playoffs regardless of his future health because they knew he wasn’t returning 

Edited by bucksavage1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Shanahan record with Jimmy G: 38-17 (69%)

Shanahan record without Jimmy G: 14-29 (32%)

Why has the great Shanahan been one of the best coaches in the league with Jimmy and one of the worst without him if he's so bad? We have a 6 year sample size too, I'll take that over a 6 game sample size of Purdy playing well with CMC/Deebo/Ayiuk/Kittle all healthy something Jimmy never really had.

I've heard this argument before. He's not a good quarterback and I'd love to be wrong but we'll all want him gone within a year IMHO.

The best thing that can happen to this team is that JMD implodes and we get Drake Maye/Caleb Williams. It will set us up for success for 10+ years.

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders finish with a top 5 pick… are we sure McDaniels gets fired? Seems like Mark is set on giving him time to build this team. I really don’t see a situation where McDaniels is not the coach for at least the next 2 seasons. 

Gets fired during the 24-25 season, IMO.

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I've heard this argument before. He's not a good quarterback and I'd love to be wrong but we'll all want him gone within a year IMHO.

The best thing that can happen to this team is that JMD implodes and we get Drake Maye/Caleb Williams. It will set us up for success for 10+ years.

Can you explain why KS has looked like the best coach in the NFL with Jimmy but has had terrible results without Jimmy if he is so bad? 

38 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

If we are picking high enough for a blue chip QB I don’t see anyway McDaniels is back next season. 

I would imagine that Caleb Williams and Lincoln Riley is a package deal. 

However if McDaniels leads the Raiders to 9 wins with O’Connell he will be here until the end of his deal

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think it was smart business in case everything goes south with the injury. Could be a moot point as he could be healthy at TC. Could also lead to Tom Brady starting this year.

49ers doctors looking bad right now. Seems like they could had this surgery last year and he would of been healthy. Instead they were looking to play him in the playoffs regardless of his future health because they knew he wasn’t returning 

And we were the one stupid enough to sign, and regardless, if he was able to pass a physical or not lol. Can't make it up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloydFan said:

If we are picking high enough for a blue chip QB I don’t see anyway McDaniels is back next season. 

I think it just depends on how the season goes but I'm assuming he'll get at least until mid year 3 before he gets fired. The real question for me is if JMD/DZ are let go together or if DZ gets more time here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I told y'all he failed his physical, yikes, good move though? @big_palooka

“Trust in the process” “give them time” “patriot way”

we signed a Injured QB with one of the worst injury histories (not one big injury, multiple injuries) of a starting QB in the past 10+ years and our one saving grace is there’s no cap hit if he isn’t happy and gets cut June 1st…. Leaving Brian Hoyer QB1

yup… talk about a great off-season and the FO killing it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloydFan said:

If We’re picking that high JMD can’t come back… we simply can’t waste the rookie year with JMD, you gotta bring in a new coach and not leave such a high pick in purgatory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I would imagine that Caleb Williams and Lincoln Riley is a package deal. 

However if McDaniels leads the Raiders to 9 wins with O’Connell he will be here until the end of his deal

Heck, he’d deserve to be if he somehow engineered that IMO. He would prove himself a genius for sure and I’d leap on board then!