Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

30 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Why would they say he has input if they don’t take his advice?

id argue that he’s more than just a player just like maxx.

Ziegler and JMD said that Adams would have input on the QB situation, etc. Dude is arguably the best player in the NFL and is saying the new regime blows, lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You could survey every all pro in the NFL, 90% of players would say their teams offseason didn’t go the way they expected. It’s not their job to build a team. A lot of them find out about team moves the way we do

How often do superstar level players come out and publicly say that they don't understand what the front office is doing and don't see eye to eye with their vision? lol 

It's pretty clear that they've already lost the locker room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Ziegler and JMD said that Adams would have input on the QB situation, etc. Dude is arguably the best player in the NFL and is saying the new regime blows, lol. 

Iirc ziegs was talking about how maxx had imput on some draft guys like tyree. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

How often do superstar level players come out and publicly say that they don't understand what the front office is doing and don't see eye to eye with their vision? lol 

It's pretty clear that they've already lost the locker room.

It’s an interview where you can take a lot out of context. He also said he’s committed to make it work.  And let’s be real, what were the options at QB after Carr crap the bed? 

Attempted to trade up to #1 for Bryce Young. Beaten by a better offer

Attempted to trade for Rodgers. Rodgers had eye on Jets entire time

Tom Brady retired 

Who else would Adams have wanted at QB? Stroud? Probably couldn’t trade up to 2 as well. 

What else is there to relay to Adams? We added another WR and more speed to him help get more favorable coverage

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s an interview where you can take a lot out of context. He also said he’s committed to make it work.  And let’s be real, what were the options at QB after Carr crap the bed? 

Attempted to trade up to #1 for Bryce Young. Beaten by a better offer

Attempted to trade for Rodgers. Rodgers had eye on Jets entire time

Tom Brady retired 

Who else would Adams have wanted at QB? Stroud? Probably couldn’t trade up to 2 as well. 

What else is there to relay to Adams? We added another WR and more speed to him help get more favorable coverage

We could've been bigger players in the Aaron Rodgers sweepstakes but didn't want to give up the draft capital. They chose Jimmy G over Rodgers just like the previous regime chose Carr over Brady.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We could've been bigger players in the Aaron Rodgers sweepstakes but didn't want to give up the draft capital. They chose Jimmy G over Rodgers just like the previous regime chose Carr over Brady.

Can you blame them? Packers wanted 2 1sts at the time we inquired. For a player who might play 1-2 years. Packers stalled out the Jets literally until the week of the draft for comp. We had to make a decision or would of been left with reaching for Levis at #7

We went to the available super bowl QB on the market who would sign 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

: "My goal is to win a Super Bowl with this team. And that's why I didn't come here to just be cute with Derek. It is to really try and have a shot and change this organization."

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

"He's only good because of Rodgers"

“Now people can’t say that,” Adams says. “That’ll never be the narrative ever again.” He felt vindicated by the All-Pro honor.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

But but but no lmao people praying for our downfall

Nobody is praying for our downfall. We’ve just seen this before and it typically doesn’t go well. Mid QB, questionable HC, disgruntled stars, maybe two good players on defense. It looks like the script for a 6-11 season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Nobody is praying for our downfall. We’ve just seen this before and it typically doesn’t go well. Mid QB, questionable HC, disgruntled stars, maybe two good players on defense. It looks like the script for a 6-11 season.

I wouldn't say that nobody is praying for our downfall - there certainly are a bunch of guys here that just want to be right regardless if the team is winning or not.

My two cents about that Adams story:

I don't think that Adams necassarily needs to be on the same page as JMD regarding the offense, as long as he takes it professional AND that it works what we see on the field.
Big question for me is, where in particular they are not on the same page.

If it's the QB situation, then I'm with @bucksavage1 that we didn't really had an better option.

scheme-wise I don't think that there will be great changes - JMD doesn't change his scheme that much

O-Line is pretty the same as last year - don't know if that could bother Adams.

probably the most realistic issue he has imho is that we traded Waller

• Like 2