Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

They resigned Carr, Renfrow and Waller last year to try and capitalize on the playoff team. If they would of immediately blow it up, they would of been criticized to no end. When it appeared obvious it was a fluke in the pan season that Gruden setup is up for future failure, they pivoted. 

A GMs job is to build the team for long term success. Getting desperate and over trading assets is a prime way to be a loser. 

Signing players to extensions when it's not necessary and then getting nothing in return for that asset is not only incompetence at it's finest it's downright embarrassing.  The Carr fiasco is 100 percent on Jm and DZ.

If any agent or player is looking at the way that situation was handled that would be a massive red flag.  Our terrible FA haul has a lot to do with this situation and JM's reputation around the NFL.  

He better pull a rabbit out of his hat this season because if the Raiders project to be as bad as I expect them to be Jm will never sniff a HC job again.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Signing players to extensions when it's not necessary and then getting nothing in return for that asset is not only incompetence at it's finest it's downright embarrassing.  The Carr fiasco is 100 percent on Jm and DZ.

If any agent or player is looking at the way that situation was handled that would be a massive red flag.  Our terrible FA haul has a lot to do with this situation and JM's reputation around the NFL.  

He better pull a rabbit out of his hat this season because if the Raiders project to be as bad as I expect them to be Jm will never sniff a HC job again.

I agree.  Looks like the the new regime has a different philosophy but just like the past regime they make bad decisions when plan a does not work out.  I remember reading that Gruden would flip flop and change his mind all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree.  Looks like the the new regime has a different philosophy but just like the past regime they make bad decisions when plan a does not work out.  I remember reading that Gruden would flip flop and change his mind all the time.

It's one thing to sign Carr, Waller, and Renfrow to extensions but to sign them and one season later move on from two and potentially all three tells me that JM and DZ are clueless.  They have no idea on how to evaluate how players fit in their system which is frightening.   

If I was an advising agent or FA looking to sign with a team the Raiders would be on the bottom of my list until they can show some sort of cohesion and competence. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 1:54 PM, NYRaider said:

The best player in the NFL doesn’t see the vision or agree with the front office. But at least @big_palooka agrees with the terrible moves his two fathers made. 

Lmao…. It’s BAD when a player of Adams  caliber whose a consummate professional says something like this.

The bootlicker fans will say “The FO isn’t here to make Adams happy, there here to win”.  But Adams has experienced winning teams for him to come out and say what he said it’s a bad sign for things to come.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Then have the marbles to blow it up you are given this job and your afraid of hurting fan’s feelings so you sign carr, waller and hunter only to ship them off the very next year?

getting low or no compensation for them which is insane 

They actually lost assets if you think about it:

With Carr, they lost 5 mil 

With Waller, they gain a 3rd only to use it on a wr that they didn't need while having to use a 2nd to find his replacement.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What do you expect them to do, all players didn’t live up to their contract extensions? Keep them?! 

Carr and Waller flopped last season. Both on the wrong side of 30 and probably seen their best ball already

Carr was awful last season and quit on the team when he was benched. Waller was never bought in despite being the highest paid TE in the NFL. Didn’t wanna rehab his injury during the bye week at the facility which is an NFL rule. Spent majority of the season injured. Do you keep a TE with injury history who his the highest paid in the league and over 30? We had to get compensation for him 

We replaced Carr with a Super Bowl QB with one of the best win pct as a starter with a flexible contract. 

For Waller we signed a legitimate #2 WR, drafted a versatile TE and a high upside speed WR. Mayer brings a dynamic that Waller didn’t which is blocking. We still have a vets in Hooper and Howard as well 

I’m not saying they have been perfect but this witch hunt against JMD DZ is getting out of hand. Let them work to try to build a winner

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

They actually lost assets if you think about it:

With Carr, they lost 5 mil 

With Waller, they gain a 3rd only to use it on a wr that they didn't need while having to use a 2nd to find his replacement.

They didn’t lose assets. All that is fantasy Madden stuff

Carr never waived his trade clause. We still got cap relief and another QB which that cash. 5 mil in dead cap that’s it

Waller cap relief turned into WR Meyers. Took Mayer in 2nd round along with Turner with pick #100. We don’t know how both rookies will turn out 

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They didn’t lose assets. All that is fantasy Madden stuff

Carr never waived his trade clause. We still got cap relief and another QB which that cash. 5 mil in dead cap that’s it

Waller cap relief turned into WR Meyers. Took Mayer in 2nd round along with Turner with pick #100. We don’t know how both rookies will turn out 

Haha you clearly have zero clue about anything business related.  

The no trade clause was the fault of Jm and DZ.  How is that not obvious?  They never had to extend Carr and include that NTC, they could have let him play out the last year of his contract, evaluated how he played in their system and either extended him or moved on.  Worst case in that scenario they would have received a comp pick if they moved on.  What they did was extend him, included a NTC, decided he wasn't a good fit, received nothing in compensation and incurred a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season.  That is flat out incompetence and there is no other way to spin it.....

JM and DXZ are not the victims you make them out to be, they are the problem.  I can't believe how much of a homer some fans can be....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Then have the marbles to blow it up you are given this job and your afraid of hurting fan’s feelings so you sign carr, waller and hunter only to ship them off the very next year?

getting low or no compensation for them which is insane 

The lack of trade compensation for Carr and trading Waller for a 3rd only to spend it on a slot WR and PR/KR who should have been at best a 5th round pick is inexcusable.  They way I see it in essence we got a late 5th for Waller.  

I’d be shocked if we get above a 5th round pick for Renfrow.  The FO already has laid the ground work for trading him when they kept mentioning his durability/injuries when asked about him.  Plus, Renfrow wins with his creativity and needs a degree of improvisation in his route.  The idea of that might make JMD’s head explode… because he thinks he’s got a perfect system and it’ll finally work if it’s executed just like he drew it up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha you clearly have zero clue about anything business related.  

The no trade clause was the fault of Jm and DZ.  How is that not obvious?  They never had to extend Carr and include that NTC, they could have let him play out the last year of his contract, evaluated how he played in their system and either extended him or moved on.  Worst case in that scenario they would have received a comp pick if they moved on.  What they did was extend him, included a NTC, decided he wasn't a good fit, received nothing in compensation and incurred a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season.  That is flat out incompetence and there is no other way to spin it.....

JM and DXZ are not the victims you make them out to be, they are the problem.  I can't believe how much of a homer some fans can be....

Do you honestly think Carr would of played last season on an expiring contract? He would of held out of camp. The no trade clause I wouldn’t have given him but we weren’t in negotiations 

JMD and DZ aren’t victims but we need to give them time to build a team. If I’m a homer fan then what are you? A hater fan! You have had it out for JMD and DZ since benching Carr

• Like 1

Saying JMD and Zeigler “just need time” is like a crowd of onlookers watching a car stuck on the train tracks… some people are smart enough to realize this ain’t going to end well (based upon all the events that lead up to someone idiotically  ending up on a train crossing) while others swear the drivers going to wake up and move, “they just need time”.

well, times running out fast

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Do you honestly think Carr would of played last season on an expiring contract? He would of held out of camp. The no trade clause I wouldn’t have given him but we weren’t in negotiations 

JMD and DZ aren’t victims but we need to give them time to build a team. If I’m a homer fan then what are you? A hater fan! You have had it out for JMD and DZ since benching Carr

Show me one shred of evidence that Carr was going to hold out....  Don't be a homer shill and spew illegitimate speculation to fit your narrative.  

I was souring on JM and DZ well before the Carr benching.  I was not happy with the moves they made during the offseason or his play calling/ coaching style once the season started and I thought their ability to evaluate the talent on the team they inherited was flawed.  Moving on from an asset like Carr and receiving ZERO in compensation then incurring a 6M cap hit is beyond incompetence and I cannot stand for a HC/Gm who are so foolish.  That was one of many flaws of this regime.  

Getting older and not younger was a mistake, having a ton of cash capital and not much to show for it, having assets and receiving little or noting in return, extending players and deciding to move on from them one year later, the majority of FA players on the roster last year deciding not to resign here, turning a playoff team into a dysfunctional embarrassment in one offseason, JM being a career loser as a HC...  I can keep going if you like.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz