Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nobody is praying for our downfall we’re just wondering how this puzzle is going to look cause the previous results were hella suspect. 

This.....not everybody is rainbows and unicorns about the new regime. I get it, buck is as happy as HB is sad, because of one move. I ain’t cryin about Carr being let go, but I ain’t gulping the Kool aid just because he was either. Lol!! 🤣🍻

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s an interview where you can take a lot out of context. He also said he’s committed to make it work.  And let’s be real, what were the options at QB after Carr crap the bed? 

Attempted to trade up to #1 for Bryce Young. Beaten by a better offer

Attempted to trade for Rodgers. Rodgers had eye on Jets entire time

Tom Brady retired 

Who else would Adams have wanted at QB? Stroud? Probably couldn’t trade up to 2 as well. 

What else is there to relay to Adams? We added another WR and more speed to him help get more favorable coverage

To be fair, this is the running theme so far with this regime. They've "attempted" to do a lot of really ground breaking things, but have come up short. With the exception of the Adams trade, being the one successful thing they've done so far.  They attempted to resign all our stars to lay a foundation for the future too, and let them all go a year later. They also attempted to sign a big name OT last year (I remember the reports, but the name of the player they wanted to get was never released) and they weren't able to get him, per Zeigler in a presser last year.  Attempted to get Brady, attempted to get Rodgers, attempted to get the #1 pick.... the list of what they haven't accomplished is already beginning to get very long. 

At some point, relying on all your plan B's is going to get them all fired. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

To be fair, this is the running theme so far with this regime. They've "attempted" to do a lot of really ground breaking things, but have come up short. With the exception of the Adams trade, being the one successful thing they've done so far.  They attempted to resign all our stars to lay a foundation for the future too, and let them all go a year later. They also attempted to sign a big name OT last year (I remember the reports, but the name of the player they wanted to get was never released) and they weren't able to get him, per Zeigler in a presser last year.  Attempted to get Brady, attempted to get Rodgers, attempted to get the #1 pick.... the list of what they haven't accomplished is already beginning to get very long. 

Getting All-In in your plan A is also getting them fired.

Imagine giving up 3 FRP and 2 seconds or more and then Bryce Young turns out as a bust.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Imagine giving up 3 FRP and 2 seconds or more and then Bryce Young turns out as a bust.

💯 If we traded 3 1s for Young, all we would hear is that we ignored the defense again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

It's not about 1 instance though. At this point it's about an accumulation of missed chances and triggers they decided not to pull, for various reasons, some good. However when we look back this regime will be the "what-if" regime. Having grandiose plans only works if you can accomplish some of them. You can't come in and say "Look, we're going to try to do ALL these great things but accomplish none of them" That's where they're trending towards.  

I think the best way to describe them so far is a regime with great intentions. And that's not enough to win

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I wouldn't say that nobody is praying for our downfall - there certainly are a bunch of guys here that just want to be right regardless if the team is winning or not.

My two cents about that Adams story:

I don't think that Adams necassarily needs to be on the same page as JMD regarding the offense, as long as he takes it professional AND that it works what we see on the field.
Big question for me is, where in particular they are not on the same page.

If it's the QB situation, then I'm with @bucksavage1 that we didn't really had an better option.

scheme-wise I don't think that there will be great changes - JMD doesn't change his scheme that much

O-Line is pretty the same as last year - don't know if that could bother Adams.

probably the most realistic issue he has imho is that we traded Waller

Maybe he wanted to keep Carr.  I could agree with him being upset about Waller as well.  Renfrow sounds as good as gone.  I think Renfrow made too many mistakes and wasn't able to adapt this past season so now they're getting rid of him.  This roster is going to look completely different after this season.  K. Miller, M. Crosby, and Adams will be our mainstays imo.

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

They resigned Carr, Renfrow and Waller last year to try and capitalize on the playoff team. If they would of immediately blow it up, they would of been criticized to no end. When it appeared obvious it was a fluke in the pan season that Gruden setup is up for future failure, they pivoted. 

A GMs job is to build the team for long term success. Getting desperate and over trading assets is a prime way to be a loser. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

They resigned Carr, Renfrow and Waller last year to try and capitalize on the playoff team. If they would of immediately blow it up, they would of been criticized to no end. When it appeared obvious it was a fluke in the pan season that Gruden setup is up for future failure, they pivoted. 

A GMs job is to build the team for long term success. Getting desperate and over trading assets is a prime way to be a loser. 

Then have the marbles to blow it up you are given this job and your afraid of hurting fan’s feelings so you sign carr, waller and hunter only to ship them off the very next year?

getting low or no compensation for them which is insane 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm simply pointing out that they're swinging and missing, a lot.  In all facets of GM'ing. Managing/evaluating players, draft trades (at least so far, jury is still out... I like Wilson), free agency, etc.

Lots of great intentions in all facets of the team, but have come up short of their plan or goal at most turns so far. I don't think that can be argued. In the end, whether it's their fault or other circumstances, they'll be judged on wins. 

• Like 2