Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

23 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Initially I was bullish on the combo hire but as time went on and saw the on the field product my bullishness wained.  I was optimistic that having a young HC/GM was a good move as they both had a similar vision on how to build a winning franchise. 

Little did I know that JM had learned nothing during his second stint as an OC under BB and after his massive failure in Denver.  He still has a massive ego.  His inability to call a game for 60 minutes is something that I couldn't have fathomed.  His inconstancy and inability to make halftime adjustments was remarkable.  His inability to properly assess the quality of the players he rostered was mind boggling.  His refusal to bolster the Oline or D last offseason made zero sense.  His inability on how to properly utilize and motivate his players is something I assumed he would have figured out under BB.  His ability to motivate his players was terrible which was apparent by his regression in the teams record, as he inherited a team that played with grit and passion the year before which all but evaporated at the conclusion of the 2022 season..  That is 100 percent on him.  

The potential was there for the O to reach new heights if coached, motivated and lead properly.  I knew the D would be atrocious and but couldn't imagine the play calling to regress like it did, particularly in the second half of games.  I never expected this team to be a playoff contender but thought the O would be fun to watch, it wasn't.  The pieces were in place for it to be a fun and exciting O but just like in business assets can be mismanaged and that is precisely what occurred here.  

Then we move on to the conclusion of the season and how the Carr situation was embarrassingly handled.  Having an asset like Carr and turning an asset into a liability by extending him, including a NTC, benching him, having him walk and receiving nothing in compensation then incurring a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season is inexcusable from a business perspective that only a fool would condone.  Having 45M in cap space and fielding a roster to start this season that projects to be one of the worst in the NFL is incompetence but something I predicted as I knew after watching JM's first season as a HC that players and agents wanted nothing to do with this franchise.  He is an egomaniac loser that no player would want to play for only to get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.   

Initially I was bullish and optimistic that Lloyd Christmas had lucked himself into a good HC/GM combo that could lead us out of the doldrums of NFL purgatory.  The pieces were in place on O to have a fun and explosive product if managed properly but as we all saw once the season started that the management of these assets was quite poor.  That is on JM and DZ and they better pull a rabbit out of their hat this season or one if not both will be unemployed in short order.  

Let me ask you this, were you not in favor of moving on from Carr with zero plan in place no matter what the consequences were?  Were you not an advocate for getting rid of Carr, netting zero in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit because "Carr was the reason this team regressed"?

Let it go, Frank. Palooka is like climate denier who says "See, you said its cold! Global warming is bs! Told you!". 

He doesn't understand changing perceptions, he doesn't get 'it',, and he has been demonstrated to not do any remotely adequate research into his claims. 

50 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Good news although I am sure there will be some that are disappointed that he’s made it. 

Why would anyone be disappointed that he made it to TC?  The disappointment stems from us going into this season with a below average, injury prone QB's who's stellar supporting casts have won games in spite of his limitations.  Those limitations won't be masked this upcoming season now that he is playing with a below average Oline and one of the worst D's in the NFL.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Let it go, Frank. Palooka is like climate denier who says "See, you said its cold! Global warming is bs! Told you!". 

He doesn't understand changing perceptions, he doesn't get 'it',, and he has been demonstrated to not do any remotely adequate research into his claims. 

Changing perception and having emotional uncontrollable range because you are a Derek Carr homer are two entirely different things. If they were the same, then Frankie could have changed his perspective on Carr and admit he's decidedly average vs. being an absolute shill making excuses for him for 9 years. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why would anyone be disappointed that he made it to TC?  The disappointment stems from us going into this season with a below average, injury prone QB's who's stellar supporting casts have won games in spite of his limitations.  Those limitations won't be masked this upcoming season now that he is playing with a below average Oline and one of the worst D's in the NFL.  

Because you and a select few others are openly rooting for everything to fail to make the bad man go away.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why would anyone be disappointed that he made it to TC?  The disappointment stems from us going into this season with a below average, injury prone QB's whose stellar supporting casts have won games in spite of his limitations.  Those limitations won't be masked this upcoming season now that he is playing with a below average Oline and one of the worst D's in the NFL.  

Like it or not Jimmy G gives us the best chance to win. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Like it or not Jimmy G gives us the best chance to win. 

Out of the QB's on the roster sure but he is a below average QB playing behind one of the worst D's in football.  Winning is something he won't be doing much of this year....

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Changing perception and having emotional uncontrollable range because you are a Derek Carr homer are two entirely different things. If they were the same, then Frankie could have changed his perspective on Carr and admit he's decidedly average vs. being an absolute shill making excuses for him for 9 years. 

Once again Carr is gone and every one of your posts revolves around Carr.  It's truly pathetic that you waste so much time posting nonstop about the guy.  He's gone and it's time to move on with your life....

However why would I change my perspective in regards to Carr?  I have maintained my position that he is a 12ish QB who has been held back by tremendous coaching turnover, bad coaching, a terrible supporting cast on O and a bottom 3 D over the span of his career.  

I still believe he is a 12ish range QB and this upcoming season will tell us a lot.  JM now has his boy in Jimmy G and Carr is playing in the best situation of his career.  There will be no more excuses either way.  

All of this nonsense coming from a guy who was favor of moving on from Carr with zero plan in place no matter what the consequences were.  Were you not an advocate for getting rid of Carr, netting zero in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit because "Carr was the reason this team regressed"?  You still have yet to answer my question.  

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 7:35 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Initially I was bullish on the combo hire but as time went on and saw the on the field product my bullishness wained.  I was optimistic that having a young HC/GM was a good move as they both had a similar vision on how to build a winning franchise. 

Little did I know that JM had learned nothing during his second stint as an OC under BB and after his massive failure in Denver.  He still has a massive ego.  His inability to call a game for 60 minutes is something that I couldn't have fathomed.  His inconstancy and inability to make halftime adjustments was remarkable.  His inability to properly assess the quality of the players he rostered was mind boggling.  His refusal to bolster the Oline or D last offseason made zero sense.  His inability on how to properly utilize and motivate his players is something I assumed he would have figured out under BB.  His ability to motivate his players was terrible which was apparent by his regression in the teams record, as he inherited a team that played with grit and passion the year before which all but evaporated at the conclusion of the 2022 season..  That is 100 percent on him.  

The potential was there for the O to reach new heights if coached, motivated and lead properly.  I knew the D would be atrocious and but couldn't imagine the play calling to regress like it did, particularly in the second half of games.  I never expected this team to be a playoff contender but thought the O would be fun to watch, it wasn't.  The pieces were in place for it to be a fun and exciting O but just like in business assets can be mismanaged and that is precisely what occurred here.  

Then we move on to the conclusion of the season and how the Carr situation was embarrassingly handled.  Having an asset like Carr and turning an asset into a liability by extending him, including a NTC, benching him, having him walk and receiving nothing in compensation then incurring a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season is inexcusable from a business perspective that only a fool would condone.  Having 45M in cap space and fielding a roster to start this season that projects to be one of the worst in the NFL is incompetence but something I predicted as I knew after watching JM's first season as a HC that players and agents wanted nothing to do with this franchise.  He is an egomaniac loser that no player would want to play for only to get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.   

Initially I was bullish and optimistic that Lloyd Christmas had lucked himself into a good HC/GM combo that could lead us out of the doldrums of NFL purgatory.  The pieces were in place on O to have a fun and explosive product if managed properly but as we all saw once the season started that the management of these assets was quite poor.  That is on JM and DZ and they better pull a rabbit out of their hat this season or one if not both will be unemployed in short order.  

Let me ask you this, were you not in favor of moving on from Carr with zero plan in place no matter what the consequences were?  Were you not an advocate for getting rid of Carr, netting zero in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit because "Carr was the reason this team regressed"?

I respect your honesty and objectivity here

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I respect your honesty and objectivity here

Thanks man.  I think everyone on here wants the same thing and that is to build a championship caliber team lead by a fantastic coach that everyone can respect.  Tempers flare sometimes but it stems from 20+ years of being one of if not the worst ran organizations in professional sports.  

I try to call it like I see it and no one is perfect. However, I can't condone how this current regime has coached and managed assets.  They have netted a terrible ROI their first two off seasons by turning assets in liabilities and making bad personnel decisions.  I can't be bullish on a regime that makes such blunders.  

• Like 1