Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wasn't he being moved to LB, or did we scrap that and leave him at S?

Nickel back/ linebacker vs 2 wrs sets is what I think he will be. Looking at the linebackers, pretty sure we only keeping 2 on the field most of the time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Devil's advocate. The Raiders have been throwing rookies into starting roles for a while now and not getting much return on their development. 

If the rookie is ready, play him. But there is something to getting them ready for the mental side of the game. A bad showing can completely tank their confidence. 

A bad system can also do that though. See Tre'Von Moehrig. During his media session on Monday he flat out said that he had no idea what he was doing last season under Graham. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Devil's advocate. The Raiders have been throwing rookies into starting roles for a while now and not getting much return on their development. 

If the rookie is ready, play him. But there is something to getting them ready for the mental side of the game. A bad showing can completely tank their confidence. 

I don't really think this is deviled advocate because this is nothing opposite of what I said already. 

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Unless he isn’t ready. Id be more surprised if Bennett starts right off the bat given he’s a 4th round rookie, Long and Facyson likely to be in the mix. 

I mentioned that already in a previous post within minutes of posting what youre responding to

6 hours ago, Dessie said:

Unless he isn’t ready. Id be more surprised if Bennett starts right off the bat given he’s a 4th round rookie, Long and Facyson likely to be in the mix. 

Exactly you just signed Peters a guy like Shelley coming of a good season and Hobbs do you really just start Bennett, I don't think so, but he should get plenty of playing time and worked in to get acclimated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Exactly you just signed Peters a guy like Shelley coming of a good season and Hobbs do you really just start Bennett, I don't think so, but he should get plenty of playing time and worked in to get acclimated.

Agreed, didn’t we also give Facyson a 2 year deal ? 

• Like 1