Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

8 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

soon as jordan love signs his extension...

"when will jordan love live up to his highest paid in the NFL contract"

"you can't be the highest paid player in the NFL and play poorly in the divisional"

He still has plenty to prove but I think he is wired the right way to deal with the increased pressure not to mention the evil geniuses studying his tape looking for every weakness. He’s also got a great HC and position coach and as much as I’m not sure if his OC is a genius, he might be pretty good and will definitely make sure the OL is dialed in. Probably the most important on field help you can give is a an OL that keeps the QB clean for at least one extra beat. I still think Love had some longball issues and made a few questionable decisions. Some of them worked but likely was not getting praise when they rolled the tape.  In the end, I hope we bet on the young guy. Teams will be more prepared for him but I think he’s still growing and will be more prepared for the opposition. 

Posted (edited)

My point is more that Jordan Love just had a really good season for a first year starting QB.  One of the best ever.

And if he plays like he did vs SF after signing a market extension he will have played as bad or worse than most of Aaron Rodgers' disappointing playoff exits.

It's hard to hold both of these things in your mind at the same time.  They seem to interact like matter/antimatter.  But both are true and just 2 neutrino ships passing in the night.

Edited by skibrett15

People seem to be forgetting that Love was having a great game until his RT left the game due to a concussion and the 49ers pass rush started to have an effect. 

Tom stays in and we beat the 49ers by double digits. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

People seem to be forgetting that Love was having a great game until his RT left the game due to a concussion and the 49ers pass rush started to have an effect. 

Quarterbacks are paid to turn the ifs into even thoughs.

Enough of this ****. Every single Super Bowl winner has had even thoughs. If they can’t turn the ifs into even thoughs, they’re not them.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:58 PM, Refugee said:

He still has plenty to prove but I think he is wired the right way to deal with the increased pressure not to mention the evil geniuses studying his tape looking for every weakness. He’s also got a great HC and position coach and as much as I’m not sure if his OC is a genius, he might be pretty good and will definitely make sure the OL is dialed in. Probably the most important on field help you can give is a an OL that keeps the QB clean for at least one extra beat. I still think Love had some longball issues and made a few questionable decisions. Some of them worked but likely was not getting praise when they rolled the tape.  In the end, I hope we bet on the young guy. Teams will be more prepared for him but I think he’s still growing and will be more prepared for the opposition. 

Yes, the key is putting the guys around him that will allow him to flourish.  When he signs his contract and some of his weapons enter potential FA in the coming years, you need to replace those guys.  The weapons are here for now,  they need to take advantage of that.

12 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Quarterbacks are paid to turn the ifs into even thoughs.

Enough of this ****. Every single Super Bowl winner has had even thoughs. If they can’t turn the ifs into even thoughs, they’re not them.

First year starting QB wins a playoff game and has us in the division game against a team the habitually spanks us in the playoffs. I feel really good about J Love going forward. 

Also, I never used the words, even or though in my post. 

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yes, the key is putting the guys around him that will allow him to flourish.  When he signs his contract and some of his weapons enter potential FA in the coming years, you need to replace those guys.  The weapons are here for now,  they need to take advantage of that.

I think the course of action is to decide after this year if Watson or Doubs are worthy of a long-term contract. If they both are, trade one of them and sign the other one. If neither of them proves to be worth it, let them both play in 2025 and then walk. Take the comp picks if they get a decent contract on the open market. 

Either scenario we still need to draft at least 1 WR next year. Probably will also have to draft one in 26, and 27. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

First year starting QB wins a playoff game and has us in the division game against a team the habitually spanks us in the playoffs. I feel really good about J Love going forward. 

Also, I never used the words, even or though in my post. 

Your reading comprehension is poor and you missed literally the entire point of my response to you. You made a statement. I made a counter statement. If you can’t see the point I made in response to your point, that’s your fault and I’m not going to spell it out for you.

Nothing you said is remotely on par with an intelligent rebuttal of my counter point. Literally no component of your response shows the remotest understanding of my point.

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Your reading comprehension is poor and you missed literally the entire point of my response to you. You made a statement. I made a counter statement. If you can’t see the point I made in response to your point, that’s your fault and I’m not going to spell it out for you.

Nothing you said is remotely on par with an intelligent rebuttal of my counter point. Literally no component of your response shows the remotest understanding of my point.

I completely understood you point and summarily dismissed it. Like I do most of your posts. In my original post, I stated a fact. You took a pessimistic approach to it, I responded.

You were the biggest cheerleader prior to last year, stating over and over, "if Love gets us to the playoffs in 2023, we are winning the Super Bowl in 2024!" 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If we don't have 2 horrible spots we win the game. A lot broke right for the Niners to steal it, as per usual 

• Like 2

Rodgers’ last MVP came in a season where he didn’t play like one during the first half of the season but then absolutely crushed it during the second. Love did the exact same thing last season yet didn’t get a single vote for MVP. Then he went out and gave the best Packers QB performance in the playoffs since maybe Super Bowl XLV.  We good. 

• Like 2

So, what happens this year?

Jordan Love, from Week 11 on... despite being blitzed at the #1 highest rate in the NFL... ...on an incredible 41% of dropbacks! ranked...
#1 in total TDs (20)
#1 in total passing yards (2,150)
#1 in EPA/att (+0.26) #1 in lowest sack + INT rate (4.1%)
#1 in TD:INT ratio (18:1) #2 in fewest INTs (1)
#2 in success rate (49%)
#2 in 1st down rate (38%)
#3 in completion rate (70.3%)
#3 in 3rd down conversion rate (49%)

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

So, what happens this year?

I honestly think that depends on the play of the OL.  It took a while for them to get things right.  Love looked real good week 1, with David Bakhtiari kicking all of the *** that there was to kick.  Then he struggled while the OL was working thorough some things.  Love also seemed to turn a corner at around the same time, so it is perhaps a chicken and egg riddle.

If you look at the very limited sample size, Love's floor has been average to slightly below average, while his height has been pushing all-time levels.  And part of the lows of his career were with other very young players also trying to find their way in the league.  The Packers look to be in good hands at the QB position.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:
Jordan Love, from Week 11 on... despite being blitzed at the #1 highest rate in the NFL... ...on an incredible 41% of dropbacks! ranked...
#1 in total TDs (20)
#1 in total passing yards (2,150)
#1 in EPA/att (+0.26) #1 in lowest sack + INT rate (4.1%)
#1 in TD:INT ratio (18:1) #2 in fewest INTs (1)
#2 in success rate (49%)
#2 in 1st down rate (38%)
#3 in completion rate (70.3%)
#3 in 3rd down conversion rate (49%)

It’s such a cool drop to find that defensive coordinators will have to deal with the knowledge that your quarterback has the tools to defeat blitzes.

That doesn’t seem like it could be luck over that kind of time frame. 

• Like 1