Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

9 hours ago, pf9 said:

We need to find a good backup QB in case we face the 49ers in the playoffs again next year. Rodgers as we all know sabotaged us four times because he grew up a 49ers fan. Love has already lost once and I can't trust him against the 49ers in the playoffs now after what we went through with Rodgers.

Can't take you seriously after this post ... just can't.   Wow .. just wow. 

• Like 2

fellas, i'm ngl 

that was one of the worst decisions i've ever seen in a big game lmao 

and we all watched Brett Favre! that's saying a lot haha

the decision to throw was HORRIBLE

and then the throw itself was HORRIBLE

absolutely no chance

I don't understand what this kid was thinking. 50 seconds left, 1st down, 2 timeouts left, and at worst you get into FG range to force OT. he's already outside the pocket....throw the ball away? live to fight another down?

holy ******* **** that was awful. i have to agree with outpost, and i don't like doing that because he's rather annoying. but Jordan has done these huge crucial mistakes late in games a bit too often. the raiders game comes to mind

Jordan, just sustain the drive bro...you don't have to get it all in one play. that's the type of throw you attempt on 4th down or no time remaining. just awful decision making i can't stress how bad that was, sheesh

on the bright side, he knew in the postgame that he "committed a mortal sin" as Tom Clements has taught to Rodgers and Love, throwing across the body to MOF. the words are nice, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a tiny bit concerned that he's got too much YOLO in his wiring late in these games. 

all that being said, he ended the season's final 10 games with 24 TDs and 3 picks, in his 1st season starting. he's got top 5 upside and I'm all in on this kid. Love is our guy! hopefully he learns from this 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, persiandud said:

fellas, i'm ngl 

that was one of the worst decisions i've ever seen in a big game lmao 

and we all watched Brett Favre! that's saying a lot haha

the decision to throw was HORRIBLE

and then the throw itself was HORRIBLE

absolutely no chance

I don't understand what this kid was thinking. 50 seconds left, 1st down, 2 timeouts left, and at worst you get into FG range to force OT. he's already outside the pocket....throw the ball away? live to fight another down?

holy ******* **** that was awful. i have to agree with outpost, and i don't like doing that because he's rather annoying. but Jordan has done these huge crucial mistakes late in games a bit too often. the raiders game comes to mind

Jordan, just sustain the drive bro...you don't have to get it all in one play. that's the type of throw you attempt on 4th down or no time remaining. just awful decision making i can't stress how bad that was, sheesh

on the bright side, he knew in the postgame that he "committed a mortal sin" as Tom Clements has taught to Rodgers and Love, throwing across the body to MOF. the words are nice, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a tiny bit concerned that he's got too much YOLO in his wiring late in these games. 

all that being said, he ended the season's final 10 games with 24 TDs and 3 picks, in his 1st season starting. he's got top 5 upside and I'm all in on this kid. Love is our guy! hopefully he learns from this 

We all have to hope he learns from this and or doesn't happen again. As he gains more experience, I am sure he will feel he has plenty of time. Being as  inexperienced on those situations, he probably was feeling the pressure of the clock and simply tried to make something happen out of nothing

You can't sugar coat it. Jordan Love panicked on the last throw. 

I'm going to quote a guy from another sport who was pretty good. "I failed 100's of times. I had to fail to learn how to succeed!" Michael Jordan. 

If we learned anything about Jordan Love this year is that he learns from his mistakes and is better for it. What an unbelievable first year as a starting quarterback. His problem is, he played so damn good down the stretch, having a few brain farts causes panic among us fanatics. It's going to be OK; he's going to be better for this adversity. 

I am actually glad his season ended this way rather than how Jalen Hurts season ended thinking he was the next superstar. Love's ending if very humbling and it will keep him humble, and hungry for a long time. When the Eagles ran into adversity this year, Hurts couldn't pull them out of it. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Eternal said:

We all have to hope he learns from this and or doesn't happen again. As he gains more experience, I am sure he will feel he has plenty of time. Being as  inexperienced on those situations, he probably was feeling the pressure of the clock and simply tried to make something happen out of nothing

Yeah it's a problem right now but might now always be. But we can't completely rule out the possibility that this sticks. We are going to be in the playoffs a lot over the next decade though and going to relive a lot of the debates we saw during the Rodgers era and I'm here for it lol. Going to be a lot of heartbreaking losses going forward but hopefully we can put together a few runs. The exciting thing for me is that I feel like this is what MLF and Gute were really brought here for - to oversee the transition away from Rodgers and rebuild the next generation of championship level Packer football. Hopefully they learned a lot during that stretch with Rodgers about running a championship football team once the team they built gets there because well, we have arrived to that point. The young squad matured.

I really like Love and think he will be great. It was a terrible decision and a wobbly throw at that. The only worry is that those type of things can be “automatic brain-wise”, ie not being able to slow down the thought process between seeing something and throwing it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

If Bo Nix is there in the 1st I think you need to take him. 

bo would’ve never thrown that ball. And we can reset the rookie QB contract clock. 

Are you serious right now? I can't tell...

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Are you serious right now? I can't tell...

I don't think that one is all the way there in the head, if you know what I mean. I read all kinds of bat**** crazy stuff from that poster. 

38 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think that one is all the way there in the head, if you know what I mean. I read all kinds of bat**** crazy stuff from that poster. 

Isn't he mocking pf9 or some ****?