Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

There was a TE running a short route but he was all the way on the left sideline so it wasn’t really an option with Love escaping right.  

Jones staying in to block was 100% because of Tom being out. If he could have leaked out there and Love hit him this time he would have had an easy 15.  Would Love have still thrown the idiot pass?  We’ll never know. 

Jones could have leaked out once Love moved out of the pocket.  Watch the play, jones after love moved out of the pocket made a move to go block a pursuing defender but didn’t touch them.  So releasing would have been the better oprion at that moment

43 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Jones could have leaked out once Love moved out of the pocket.  Watch the play, jones after love moved out of the pocket made a move to go block a pursuing defender but didn’t touch them.  So releasing would have been the better oprion at that moment

I agree, but my guess (and this is 100% just a guess) is he was instructed (or maybe he assumed he had to) stay in as long as possible because Nijman was there instead of Tom, even if his “help” was useless. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I agree, but my guess (and this is 100% just a guess) is he was instructed (or maybe he assumed he had to) stay in as long as possible because Nijman was there instead of Tom, even if his “help” was useless. 

Jones doesn’t really do anything productive.

7 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

And, at the very least, it was his mindset. Which affects split second decisions required out there.

It was a factor. I agree.

Yeah, if you had a stat called errors per play and charted Jordan Love’s plays throughout the year, I’m sure the graph would show a very distinct downward trend, but one noticeable blip upward being the 4th Q of this game.  It’s unfortunate, but hopefully the trendline stays low overall and the blips become shorter in height and duration. 

Obviously, a very good season for love overall, and hopefully some stuff that needs to be corrected this offseason.

1)  Jordan Love is not clutch yet.  I do not trust him in a sub two minute offense yet.  Rodgers was a masterpiece at the 2 minute drive.  Love honestly, reminds me more of Favre in the two minute drill, but even then, Favre was better.  Love MUST improve here.  

2)  Too many last drives that ended in interceptions.  That's not okay.  

3) There is virtue in the fact that JLo is less worried about throwing picks and giving his WR's a chance to "go and get it", and it often pays off.  Rodgers obsession with not throwing picks was actually harmful at the end.

Much of the rest of his play has been very good-excellent, but it's running the offense responsibly at the end of the game that needs to improve dramatically.

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, squire12 said:

Was there a option shirt on that last INT?  felt like all verticals with no underneath/ crosser.  Jones was in protecting and got caught in no mans land thought about trying to block the defender chasing Love, but didn't while not releasing out for a dump off pass with open field ahead

Yeah, I need to watch that play again later to see better what Jones was doing.  There was nothing for Love.  Just needed to throw it away once he was outside the pocket.  Pretty basic stuff actually.  Still can't believe he forced that throw.

EDIT: Now that I get to the end of the thread, I see the embedded video.  After Bosa loops inside at the snap, it looks like Jones intended to leak after his "block" on 91, but got knocked off balance.  Then he sees Bosa and gives chase rather than making himself available as an outlet.  Not sure Love would have seen Jones even if he had been available, as he committed pretty quickly to his terrible throw once Bosa came at him.  The throw/decision looks worse every time I watch it, but damn, Bosa can really move.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Let's talk about Loves control at the LOS.

He's always so smooth and on point pre-snap. 

I like that a lot 

He seems to make all the right checks. Even last night, it felt like he was making good checks. Just missed on 2-3 must-have passes in the 4th. He’s always so calm and cool no matter what 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

He seems to make all the right checks. Even last night, it felt like he was making good checks. Just missed on 2-3 must-have passes in the 4th. He’s always so calm and cool no matter what 

I hope we see that evolve even more next season with the confidence he gained this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

Obviously, a very good season for love overall, and hopefully some stuff that needs to be corrected this offseason.

1)  Jordan Love is not clutch yet.  I do not trust him in a sub two minute offense yet.  Rodgers was a masterpiece at the 2 minute drive.  Love honestly, reminds me more of Favre in the two minute drill, but even then, Favre was better.  Love MUST improve here.  

2)  Too many last drives that ended in interceptions.  That's not okay.  

3) There is virtue in the fact that JLo is less worried about throwing picks and giving his WR's a chance to "go and get it", and it often pays off.  Rodgers obsession with not throwing picks was actually harmful at the end.

Much of the rest of his play has been very good-excellent, but it's running the offense responsibly at the end of the game that needs to improve dramatically.

Laying it all on Love? Come on, pretty hard to run a two minute against the #1 seed with nothing but first and second year WRs. MLF did him no favors either.

I have confidence Love will learn from this.

And don't call him JLo......one more character to spell Love.

We need to find a good backup QB in case we face the 49ers in the playoffs again next year. Rodgers as we all know sabotaged us four times because he grew up a 49ers fan. Love has already lost once and I can't trust him against the 49ers in the playoffs now after what we went through with Rodgers.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qIlb7pa7OMb4lMYDyG_202oXdZFETs7Ra5aK7id4uFM/edit#gid=0

There's my proposal at a Jordan Love extension.  That $48.5M/year AAV would have him as the 6th highest paid QB (5th once Russell Wilson is released).  In terms of actual cash flow, Jordan Love goes from making $11M to $40M this upcoming year and $99M in the first 2 seasons.

I'm sort of in the same ballpark as this is mine.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DRL2rm1FnyLManbpWPCo4-MUGM_bcU865pS17dRc2qE/edit?usp=sharing

7 hours ago, Mox said:

It's rough that he made like 5 mistakes all day and 4 came in the 4th on key downs. 

But this is the kind of thing that motivates you to get better.

Winning time. Obviously you have to play well enough to be in a position to win, and we had most of the game but crunch time is all that really matters once the game reaches the finale. 33 ripping off that huge run and I felt like there’s no way we can lose!  Every play matters and I hope he improves to where good decisions are just hardwired in before the snap.