Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  No.  QB Purgatory as in Jordan Love.

Just a joke concerning a poster who said we would be in QB purgatory if/when we signed Love to a long term deal.

I mean we will be unless we’re willing to go all in on the years his cap hit is lowest. Then we have to hope for literally every break to go our way.

I stand by my assessment of Love. Especially after that boneheaded across his body INT with 50 seconds left on first down down by only 3.

He’s not Mahomes. He can absolutely win on years he’s at or below ~12% of the cap.

I can live with extending him if we get some years at 10%, 11% to go with clear wasted/postseason experience years where he’s at 17%, 18%.

I’d love to see something like 10%, 12%, 20%, 10%, 20%.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Lamar did not play well enough in a big game, Flowers did more to lose that game than anyone. 

He wasn’t Superman , but I thought he played fine for the most part. The INT was his only major blemish. I don’t think the play calling, receivers or defense in the first half helped him. 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  No.  QB Purgatory as in Jordan Love.

Just a joke concerning a poster who said we would be in QB purgatory if/when we signed Love to a long term deal.

Lol gotcha. I’m a big proponent of ignoring those who make stupid comments like that for attention. There’s a couple I will not respond to . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He wasn’t Superman , but I thought he played fine for the most part. The INT was his only major blemish. I don’t think the play calling, receivers or defense in the first half helped him. 

He had multiple overthrows that weren't even close.  WRs open and he couldn't hit them including one in the endzone.  Throws that he made the week before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MacReady said:

I mean we will be unless we’re willing to go all in on the years his cap hit is lowest. Then we have to hope for literally every break to go our way.

I stand by my assessment of Love. Especially after that boneheaded across his body INT with 50 seconds left on first down down by only 3.

He’s not Mahomes. He can absolutely win on years he’s at or below ~12% of the cap.

I can live with extending him if we get some years at 10%, 11% to go with clear wasted/postseason experience years where he’s at 17%, 18%.

I’d love to see something like 10%, 12%, 20%, 10%, 20%.

While you may be right on the money this was the same thing everyone did with Brady. AR was compared to Brady. Mahomes is who he is and Love is who he is. He may turn out to be better maybe worse who knows. Again agree on the math but to suggest he can't still learn from that mistake and see the pressure he may have felt or been under in year one in the playoffs. I mean Mahomes never followed not 1 but 2 HOF QB's. At some point that should be considered if you're comparing the two. 

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

He had multiple overthrows that weren't even close.  WRs open and he couldn't hit them including one in the endzone.  Throws that he made the week before.

I saw it the same. I think he had 4 completions in the first half and one was an absolutely bonkers pass to himself. I think they got away from the run and were intent on LJ playing more as a pocket passer, maybe to prove some people wrong, but he was not very accurate. Let him play loose and if there’s any time you tell your deadly running QB it’s fine to take off, it’s in the playoffs. Still, Flowers single handedly blew up a drive that was all but guaranteed a TD. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I think they got away from the run and were intent on LJ playing more as a pocket passer, maybe to prove some people wrong, but he was not very accurate. Let him play loose and if there’s any time you tell your deadly running QB it’s fine to take off, it’s in the playoffs.

I saw a graphic yday on NFL Network that said that BAL had the least rushes in a game this season (16) and only 2 designed runs for Jackson (tied for the fewest this season).

The craziest stat was that they’re 1-51 in games with 20 or fewer rushes since 2001!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly happy to see this.

Packers quarterback Jordan Love is going back to school to work on his footwork this offseason

“It is at the very top of the list,” Calhoun said recently. “For the last 11 years I’ve been working with Jordan, it’s always been about fundamentals and balance creates accuracy. … I haven’t seen Jordan play this much since college, so I did not know those bad habits throwing off his back foot and falling away were going to come about. Now that we know that it’s definitely something he can improve on, he understands it.”

• Like 9

Among Calhoun’s other priorities will be improving the consistency of Love’s deep-ball accuracy. In training camp and the first half of last season, Love’s deep throwing was a glaring problem, usually with underthrows, though with the occasional overthrow mixed in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

64.2% completion percentage.  4,159 yards.  32 TD's.  11 ints.

And the scary part is that he can be oh so much better.  There's actually a lot of ceiling left in that kid.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Imagine Love carries over his ability to read a defense and make the right checks and find the open man, with actually consistently stepping into throws the way he should. My god, look out. I believe he can make it happen. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Imagine Love carries over his ability to read a defense and make the right checks and find the open man, with actually consistently stepping into throws the way he should. My god, look out. I believe he can make it happen. 

You know, towards the end of the season I think he WAS reading defenses well and was making good checks, while doing the other little things like keeping an eye on the play clock, moving defenders with his eyes and getting defenses to jump on a hard count. He also improved his accuracy a lot when making throws off the back foot. Yes, I'd like to see that only happening when he is rushed......when not being pressured you should be stepping into the throw.

Bottom line for me is he will not get a whole lot better.....................but he is good enough now, it doesn't really matter. I'm not saying he won't improve at all, just that he is pretty much there, even now.

• Like 2