Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

QB school week 16.  lots of good stuff.  still some mechanics to clean up and I am pretty confident Clements/MLF will have those things being worked on over the off season

Clements isn't a sure bet to return next year unfortunately.  He was asked about coming back next year and was noncommittal.  Hope he decides to give it one more go, but if he doesn't that will become a huge hire. 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Would you guys take Russ and Jerry Jeudy for him?

Heck no. Is there even another young QB to consider over love except maybe Stroud? I think so far I’d still take Love too. Maybe I am missing someone but no one comes to mind.

Purdy gets a lot of attention but he’s playing with the avengers while Love is on par with rookies.

Edited by Arthur Penske

13 hours ago, StatKing said:

I just don't think he will ever be consistent enough to warrant a long term extension.

You guys act like I've never said a positive thing about him ever. I've never demanded he be benched, and I give him credit when he makes good throws.

I just don't agree with the overall philosophy of our front office. It would have been nice if we didn't waste his whole rookie contract in an era where mid level QB contracts no longer exist.

It would have been nice had there been draftable QB's where we were picking.

But there weren't.

Love was the one that came along with the skills that looked like potential franchise QB skills.

Love was drafted in 2020.

2021.  No end of the first round QB's were taken.  GB picked 29th.  Next QB  taken was Trask at pick #64.

2022.  No end of the first round Qb's were taken.  GB picked 22 and 29.  Walker and Wyatt.  Next QB taken was Ritter at #74.

And that is where this ride ends, as Rodgers was 90% retired at the end of the 2022 season.

But, if we look at 2023?  GB drafted at #13.  Via a Rodgers trade.  Took LVN.  Next QB taken was Levis at #33 (and who was already 24 years old, Love is 25 for reference).

I agree, I'd like to have a young QB on a rookie deal.  I'd also like to be 3 inches taller.