Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

All the NFL Gen all-pros too. Just chain liking each other's posts and bashing the only people who actually watched Love play and didn't look at the box score to form an opinion.

Is that actually happening?  That is hilarious.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

All the NFL Gen all-pros too. Just chain liking each other's posts and bashing the only people who actually watched Love play and didn't look at the box score to form an opinion.

ET is webbys little lap puppy and does it lol

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:12 PM, Donzo said:

It was a groupthink thing. They lost their minds whenever I pointed out how poor Love had played.

It is what it is. It's 8 men in a boat time- heard it's a fantastic movie.

Go Pack go. Bring home the W, Love. I never doubted ya. 😁

I don't know.

I do feel that sometimes there is a certainly a "group think" aspect to this site.

Concerning Love, though, I too pointed out when Love was struggling.  Heck, I even went out of my way to state that if he and MLF can't figure out how to pass for 70 passing yards in a half, Clifford needs to play, just so we can see if it is the QB or the HC.

I expected to, and did get, challenged on that statement.  It wasn't personal.  It was just a difference of opinion.

And that is pretty much my experience, here.  If you are going to have contrarian thoughts, defend them.  Then let that water go under the bridge, right or wrong.

No big deal.

When you were "called out" here, a simple response like what you stated a few posts ago would have worked great.  Unsure about what he really is.  I can and do respect that opinion.  I don't necessarily have to agree with it, but I can see that point of view.

I was at that point a few weeks ago.  But with every pass Love attempts, it moves me forward to being sure.  And I'm there now.

Only issue for me?  I feel like he's going to force things when behind by multiple scores.  Key word "feel".  Good or bad.  The kid is going to try to make plays.  That is what he was in college, too.  So I do want to see how he reacts to adversity a little more.  But that is about it.  And really?  I want a QB who takes calculated risks when behind.  I just want to see if his risks are going to be calculated or reckless.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Stroud was QB1 in my eyes for his draft, too. I still am not sure why not everyone thought that. 

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

not intelligence, processing speed/reflexes

For me, i had issues overcoming Ohio State quarterback bias.

I really liked the arm and the brain.  I just couldn't get over that bias.  And that was on me, not the kid or his physical tools.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know.

I do feel that sometimes there is a certainly a "group think" aspect to this site.

Concerning Love, though, I too pointed out when Love was struggling.  Heck, I even went out of my way to state that if he and MLF can't figure out how to pass for 70 passing yards in a half, Clifford needs to play, just so we can see if it is the QB or the HC.

I expected to, and did get, challenged on that statement.  It wasn't personal.  It was just a difference of opinion.

And that is pretty much my experience, here.  If you are going to have contrarian thoughts, defend them.  Then let that water go under the bridge, right or wrong.

No big deal.

When you were "called out" here, a simple response like what you stated a few posts ago would have worked great.  Unsure about what he really is.  I can and do respect that opinion.  I don't necessarily have to agree with it, but I can see that point of view.

I was at that point a few weeks ago.  But with every pass Love attempts, it moves me forward to being sure.  And I'm there now.

Only issue for me?  I feel like he's going to force things when behind by multiple scores.  Key word "feel".  Good or bad.  The kid is going to try to make plays.  That is what he was in college, too.  So I do want to see how he reacts to adversity a little more.  But that is about it.  And really?  I want a QB who takes calculated risks when behind.  I just want to see if his risks are going to be calculated or reckless.

Man o man .. if that's the only issue you have, is that really an issue?!  He had adversity for the entire 1st half of this season and look how he's handled that.  I'll take what he's done and could care less if he's a risk taker or not down the road.  That my friend will come in time but sure isn't an issue for me.

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Man o man .. if that's the only issue you have, is that really an issue?!  He had adversity for the entire 1st half of this season and look how he's handled that.  I'll take what he's done and could care less if he's a risk taker or not down the road.  That my friend will come in time but sure isn't an issue for me.

Yes.  I have to really, and I mean REALLY nitpick to find anything else I want to see out of Love.  He's answered like 99.9% of the questions that I have for him.  

EFF that.  99.99%.  

• Like 1

With Jordan's play, maybe he can recruit two of his college buddies, Jaylon Johnson and Zach Moss.  He's had a great first season as the starter, but we can't just crown him as the next best thing.  Give me 2-3 years of this, then we can start to talk about crowning him.

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

With Jordan's play, maybe he can recruit two of his college buddies, Jaylon Johnson and Zach Moss.  He's had a great first season as the starter, but we can't just crown him as the next best thing.  Give me 2-3 years of this, then we can start to talk about crowning him.

Jordan went to Utah State

• Like 1