Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

My takeaway was this....he could really use a WR1 right now.  A guy that has actually played at a high level in the NFL.  Not someone who may be a #1 in the future.  If he had that safety net in this offense?  Look out.

I actually feel like the lack of having a "go to" WR is helping Love's development quite a bit.  The last thing I want to see from Love is him locking in on a single favorite target.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Lo and behold, the stars back up what I was just thinking. He's pushing the ball down field.

It's why the YPA argument holds no water for me. Anyone watching can see he's not just dumping passes off like a checkdown artist. Every stat needs context so spouting them off like Mr. I Hate Quarterbacks is doing is misguided as all hell. Watch the games and judge the stats correctly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The thing is- Love’s completion percentage in the 50’s and his yards per attempt in the 6 range isn’t going to cut it for long.  

The numbers show Love's depth of target numbers are fine.  Once the completion % starts to climb, the ypa will take care of itself.

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Way too soon labeling him as injury prone . Way too soon. 

No.  It is not.  He was hurt in camp last year.  Checks notes, missed 3 games last year.

He was hurt in camp this year.  Checks notes, missed 3 of 3 games this year.

So, he's got 20 games he could have played in his career.  He's played in 14.  That math work?  Rounding up here, but he missed 1/3 of his games so far.  And he's young.  

Show of hands, who feels like he comes back on Thursday?  (I do)

Show of hands, who feels like once he comes back, he plays in the rest of the games?  (I do not)

I'll put the over under on how many games he starts and finishes at 9.

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I actually feel like the lack of having a "go to" WR is helping Love's development quite a bit.  The last thing I want to see from Love is him locking in on a single favorite target.

Then you are going to hate him in 2 years when Doubs is clearly the man that he loves.  

Anyone know how to get some end zone throws in stats?  I'll bet in the red zone or end zone, Doubs leads us in targets.  

Then let's look at third downs, I feel like when Love "needs it", he's looking at Romeo.  For dam good reason.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No.  It is not.  He was hurt in camp last year.  Checks notes, missed 3 games last year.

He was hurt in camp this year.  Checks notes, missed 3 of 3 games this year.

So, he's got 20 games he could have played in his career.  He's played in 14.  That math work?  Rounding up here, but he missed 1/3 of his games so far.  And he's young.  

Show of hands, who feels like he comes back on Thursday?  (I do)

Show of hands, who feels like once he comes back, he plays in the rest of the games?  (I do not)

I'll put the over under on how many games he starts and finishes at 9.

Small sample size. It’s his second year and he’s had hamstring issues. Let’s not blow things out of proportion. Expecting him to get hurt again is ridiculous 

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Small sample size. It’s his second year and he’s had hamstring issues. Let’s not blow things out of proportion. Expecting him to get hurt again is ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'm going to keep me tio ong Casey Hayward.

First few years he was constantly limited with hamstring problems, but he got past it.

Lets hope.  

Love is 3rd in the NFL in TD passes, 17th in passing yards and 33rd in completion percentage. Eventually those rankings will come closer together. If the completion percentage doesn't come up, the others will go down. Of course, getting his best RB, best WR, and 2 best OL back would probably help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Some guys do overcome hammies early in their career, others (Sammy Watkins) don't. I'm not giving up on the kid because of the undeniable talent. 

You love to play the pessimist. 

While I agree with your post, I am at the point with Watson that while he can be exciting when he’s out there, I am not going to count on him until he shows I can count on him.

• Like 1