Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That light jog from the 38 to the 42ish yardline is probably the difference in this not being the biggest play of both Love and Doubs careers.

Doubs looked slow on that route, too, unfortunately. Too bad that one wasn't Watson and all of Watson' contested passes were Doubs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

signing love after the season when he's already signed next year and can be franchise tagged the following would be a mistake.

No reason to jump into any (even small) commitment beyond 2024.  Make him show you.

They won't commit to him past 2024 unless he drastically improves, the contract they gave him was a prove it deal to begin with  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Doubs looked slow on that route, too, unfortunately. Too bad that one wasn't Watson and all of Watson' contested passes were Doubs

Honestly I think that's as much the height of the cam on All-22 plus the aforementioned jogging.  Like yeah, no doubt this is a play you'd rather have Watson on, but I think Doubs looks plenty quick here, the problem is just that he only looks plenty quick after he's already jogged five yards and then located the ball and realized he needed to book it.  The CB on him is closing the gap fast until Doubs realizes he needs to run, and then even needing to come up to speed Doubs freezes the gap between them immediately.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That light jog from the 38 to the 42ish yardline is probably the difference in this not being the biggest play of both Love and Doubs careers.

I wonder how someone can put this on Love after seeing this angle.  

• Like 1

I don't really have the time to put context around this, or even an argument, but man this team's drop issue has been rough.  Love currently sits at 7th in drop %, with 5.7%.  That's not a remarkably terrible number, but it's very emblematic of all the little things adding up to this current disaster.  Having the 7th highest drop rate when you're already a first year starter with an unreliable OL and a run game that just doesn't function is just a hat on a hat on a hat of failure.

So far Love has done enough to warrant a long look as a starter, even beyond the time invested.  He looks the part to me, more often than not by a fair measure.  But to be honest if they can't figure out a way to clean this up soon, this entire year's tape is worthless.  You aren't getting any real evaluation out of a team where so many players are failing the very basic asks of their position.  That's a real problem.  Green Bay cannot afford to have him going into the 5th year option year with zero years of usable tape as a starter; this would be the worst possible evaluation to have to do essentially blind.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

I don't really have the time to put context around this, or even an argument, but man this team's drop issue has been rough.  Love currently sits at 7th in drop %, with 5.7%.  That's not a remarkably terrible number, but it's very emblematic of all the little things adding up to this current disaster.  Having the 7th highest drop rate when you're already a first year starter with an unreliable OL and a run game that just doesn't function is just a hat on a hat on a hat of failure.

So far Love has done enough to warrant a long look as a starter, even beyond the time invested.  He looks the part to me, more often than not by a fair measure.  But to be honest if they can't figure out a way to clean this up soon, this entire year's tape is worthless.  You aren't getting any real evaluation out of a team where so many players are failing the very basic asks of their position.  That's a real problem.  Green Bay cannot afford to have him going into the 5th year option year with zero years of usable tape as a starter; this would be the worst possible evaluation to have to do essentially blind.

We already extended him through next year. He's not on a 5th year option. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Any incomplete pass is the fault of the QB, running the wrong route, slowing down on a route, bad routes, good plays by the DB, drops, all Love's fault.

I think you need to chill on this angle. I'm sure you know there are only a few in here that hold that opinion.

Most folks seem to be making comments about other aspects of the offense that simply aren't functioning up to snuff at this point - which, makes "extracting" the QB's input or effort and getting a clean read on him harder - certainly frustrating to those looking to make (or get) an honest assessment of his progress. Most folks are simply looking for signs of progress....not to condemn the guy....IMO at least.