2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Howie continues to make the NFL his *****.

I mean Howie made a very good trade here for the Eagles, but its no where close to the AJ Brown trade

Id be willing to bet the Safety market is pretty soft right about now, and this is really only for 10 games + Playoffs. Its unlikely anyone is looking to pay 31 y/o Byard $14m next year (which includes a $4m Roster Bonus)

We fleeced them on the Robert Quinn deal last year, he wasnt making that mistake again

Edited by StLunatic88

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean Howie made a very good trade here for the Eagles, but its no where close to the AJ Brown trade

Id be willing to bet the Safety market is pretty soft right about now, and this is really only for 10 games + Playoffs. Its unlikely anyone is looking to pay 31 y/o Byard $14m next year (which includes a $4m Roster Bonus)

We fleeced them on the Robert Quinn deal last year, he wasnt making that mistake again

I don't think any one thinks this is like the Brown trade...other than the fact the two teams are the same...

That said Byard is one of the most underrated defenders around the NFL.

Isiah Wynn just went on IR today and Connor Williams has been banged up. I would call Miami and see if they have any interest in Whitehair. He has no guaranteed money left on his deal, we can pay the balance of his contract this season for a better pick and Miami can cut him in the offseason with no penalty if they don't want him for $13 million. Then we can play Jenkins/Carter until Davis gets back

• Like 2

Rumor mill  quick hits....

We ARE in on Chase Young... BUT unlikely to get a deal done on it.

Washington reportedly wants a 2nd, no teams have offered over a 3rd......  ALSO, apparently Chicago doesn't have sufficient medical info on Chase to make the deal

• Like 1