Training Camp and Preseason

onejayhawk

On 8/29/2023 at 11:41 AM, Chiefer said:

With Fortson out there’s definitely need for a designated redzone guy

After Travis Kelce you mean. Gray has made strides as a receiver and he's comfortable with the FB role when needed. 

Outside that, don't overlook the veterans. KT may be out but James is around and he's very slippery. Watson was a no-brainer keeper for a reason.

Edited by onejayhawk

18 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

After Travis Kelce you mean. Gray has made strides as a receiver and he's comfortable with the FB role when needed. 

Outside that, don't overlook the veterans. KT may be out but James is around and he's very slippery. Watson was a no-brainer keeper for a reason.

Yeah Travis is obviously number one redzone target, but sometimes he’s exhausted dragging us down the field and needs a breather in his old age. Enter Justyn Ross, who’s got the tools for it, along with a lil extra

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah Travis is obviously number one redzone target, but sometimes he’s exhausted dragging us down the field and needs a breather in his old age. Enter Justyn Ross, who’s got the tools for it, along with a lil extra

That's why everyone was drooling over him five years ago. Imagine if you run his career backward, dings and injuries for three years, and then a monster senior season climaxed by two otherworldly playoff games and a national title. He would go top 10 if not top 5. The way it happened, he's better than that.

That said, is he ready for primetime or is there still a big learning curve?

3 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

KC a potential landing spot for Mike Evans? Not sure how they'd make it work but saw a random article about Tampa moving him.

Nah. Part of why the rumors are popping up is because he wants one last payday. We are not the team to give that to him. Plus, we just kept 7 WRs, and reluctantly got rid of the 8th. Obviously Evans is better than Richie James or Justyn Ross, but it's clearly a position group they're very happy about. No reason to spend money and draft capital there.

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Nah. Part of why the rumors are popping up is because he wants one last payday. We are not the team to give that to him. Plus, we just kept 7 WRs, and reluctantly got rid of the 8th. Obviously Evans is better than Richie James or Justyn Ross, but it's clearly a position group they're very happy about. No reason to spend money and draft capital there.

Come on, Evans is CLEARLY better than every one of our WRs. Saying he is only clearly better than James and Ross is ridiculous.  I’m not saying we trade for him, but my guess is any trade for Evans would involve at least one of our guys at the position plus picks.

On 8/31/2023 at 3:33 PM, Chiefer said:
On 8/30/2023 at 9:15 PM, onejayhawk said:

Yeah Travis is obviously number one redzone target, but sometimes he’s exhausted dragging us down the field and needs a breather in his old age.

Reading the Broncos may have drafted Drew Sanders, LB with the intent of smothering Travis K.

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/42010/broncos-might-finally-have-an-answer-to-covering-travis-kelce

28 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Reading the Broncos may have drafted Drew Sanders, LB with the intent of smothering Travis K.

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/42010/broncos-might-finally-have-an-answer-to-covering-travis-kelce

Teams have signed, taken guess in the past.  He’s still Trav.  They can impact his game but he’ll still get his.  Between his skills, Pat’s creativity and Andy’s plays.  I have no doubt that Trav couldn’t get done any game if that was what was needed.

On 9/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, EMAW_KSU said:

Come on, Evans is CLEARLY better than every one of our WRs. Saying he is only clearly better than James and Ross is ridiculous.  I’m not saying we trade for him, but my guess is any trade for Evans would involve at least one of our guys at the position plus picks.

He is, but honestly do we need him?  Our offense was actually more efficient last year.  It’s cool to put every big name WR with us because we don’t have a premier guy, but even with acquiring him you’re taking valuable reps from young guys who need them. 

Tbh I have 0 worries about anything within our passing game,  unless Mike Evans or any WR can improve the 3rd and 1 offense I’m not too thrilled about it.  

On 9/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, EMAW_KSU said:

James and Ross were just examples. I wasn't going to list every WR on roster lol. Given what we have though, he's just not worth the cost. Not even close to it, IMO.

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

Tbh I have 0 worries about anything within our passing game,  unless Mike Evans or any WR can improve the 3rd and 1 offense I’m not too thrilled about it.

3rd and short play calling has just been too predictable and bad. Skip the motion TE to center and just run the Eagles rugby play with Bell, Gray, or a DL behind center. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

3rd and short play calling has just been too predictable and bad. Skip the motion TE to center and just run the Eagles rugby play with Bell, Gray, or a DL behind center. 

Won’t disagree.   Still say play calling has been dictated because our RB’s can’t squeeze out one yard when we need it.    Should not be that difficult, but we make it 

3 hours ago, RedGold said:

Won’t disagree.   Still say play calling has been dictated because our RB’s can’t squeeze out one yard when we need it.    Should not be that difficult, but we make it 

I think some of that is because we get too cute.we have hammers use it.  Put Jones in at FB and let Pop I’m angry and the ground be there to punish whomever Jones doesn’t hit first.