Training Camp and Preseason

onejayhawk

From a who's he, Chamari Conner is taking some substance. We have a gaping opening for a slot coverage DB. That was Sneed's best position. Williams and Watson are both boundary CB. McDuffie can play the slot but that isn't his best usage. Someone to take up slot coverage slack while Sneed is mending has significant value.

On offense, Rice impressed as did the two new OT. With the game a blowout, it's hard to say anyone stood out but the OL, meaning the whole, OL kept all four QBs clean.

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Two sacks and 4 TFLs. Unless you're talking about the starters only?

NFL.com stat tracker is really awful. Live in WI so couldn’t watch the game.  Doesn’t really change my stance though.  If just team can’t get home.  Vs a team that will likely be striving for worst team in football.

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

From a who's he, Chamari Conner is taking some substance. We have a gaping opening for a slot coverage DB. That was Sneed's best position. Williams and Watson are both boundary CB. McDuffie can play the slot but that isn't his best usage. Someone to take up slot coverage slack while Sneed is mending has significant value.

On offense, Rice impressed as did the two new OT. With the game a blowout, it's hard to say anyone stood out but the OL, meaning the whole, OL kept all four QBs clean.

I’d say slot is McDuffies best usage, he played very well there to end the year last year 

I went to the game, Rashee Rice is such a good route runner. He was getting force fed but he’s slick out there and despite a drop he goes after the ball well. Doesn’t really seem like a guy who’s gonna be good at taking a lot of end arounds though.

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I went to the game, Rashee Rice is such a good route runner. He was getting force fed but he’s slick out there and despite a drop he goes after the ball well. Doesn’t really seem like a guy who’s gonna be good at taking a lot of end arounds though.

Man as a dynasty fantasy player man how good is this guy going to be for you all?! I hear good things out of camp, but how soon is he projected to start?! And who would be the player to draft Justyn Ross or Rashee?

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I’d say slot is McDuffies best usage, he played very well there to end the year last year 

He's our only turn-and-run CB. He'll see time at Slot but he is needed on the boundaries.

If Conner and Tranquil can take some of the slot coverage, it makes us a lot more flexible. 

49 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man as a dynasty fantasy player man how good is this guy going to be for you all?! I hear good things out of camp, but how soon is he projected to start?! And who would be the player to draft Justyn Ross or Rashee?

This is a very hard system to pick up. Kadarius Toney and Richie James were coming from a similar system that NYG ran. A better comparison would be Skyy Moore last season. With a year and an offseason under his belt, Skyy is looking much more like the player we drafted. 

For this season, Rice is at best 4th on the food chain. MVS and Skyy are 1A and 1B until Toney gets back. WR3 is Justin Watson, the pick-and-block guy. Then it's between Richie James, Rice, and Justyn Ross. It could shake out several different ways and injuries always play a part.

For 2025 and beyond, things look much better. KT has been fragile and Richie James is a complimentary player. Skyy Moore and Rashee Rice look to be the main pair in 2024 and 2025. That's when the rookie contract expires.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

He's our only turn-and-run CB. He'll see time at Slot but he is needed on the boundaries.

If Conner and Tranquil can take some of the slot coverage, it makes us a lot more flexible. 

His biggest weakness is getting beat over the top due to lack of size to contest jump balls. But his short area quickness, speed, aggressiveness and tackling ability are perfect for the slot. Our defense started doing much better when Sneed was outside with McDuffie in the middle later into the year.

I agree we need more flexibility, running exclusive cover two man will become to predictable sooner rather than later.