Training Camp and Preseason

onejayhawk

Week #1 is in the books. Some highs and lows
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/8/1/23808314/chiefs-training-camp-5-winners-3-losers-week-1

Week #2 coming up. Some defenders we want to see more from. With Chris Jones holding out, some of them may happen.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/5-kansas-city-chiefs-want-see-more-from-week-2-training-camp/

Yo fantasy football question 

I've got Mahomes in a keeper league

I've got Picks 1.09,2.01, and 2.08 in our draft

How seriously should I be looking at Rashee Rice? I like him alot more than Skyy Moore, and word out of camp sounds good. 

But what's his projection on yall team and specifically compared to Justyn Ross? I know word out of camp is hes been looking good too. 

I'm just thinking if I should pick Rashee over like a Jonathan Mingo down in Carolina specifically whom I think has a much clearer route to WR1 in that offense

Any help would be appreciated fellas!

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

How seriously should I be looking at Rashee Rice? I like him alot more than Skyy Moore, and word out of camp sounds good. 

But what's his projection on yall team and specifically compared to Justyn Ross? I know word out of camp is hes been looking good too. 

I'm just thinking if I should pick Rashee over like a Jonathan Mingo down in Carolina specifically whom I think has a much clearer route to WR1 in that offense

With rookies it’s really an unknown for us too, for the most part rookies don’t have quite the impact on Reid offenses, only a few have ever had good statistical rookie seasons(Maclin, Desean, Shady,  Kareem Hunt.)

Reports are good, but he’s not likely to have a great season because of how complicated the offense is, I wouldn’t risk an early round pick on him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Barring several injuries I'd probably avoid him at this point. Toney is supposed to be back around week 1, so that makes it Kelce at the 1 (pass catcher), supposedly KT at 2, MVS at 3, Skyy (could take over for KT when he inevitably gets injured), then you got Ross/Rice/Watson/James barring some surprises of Smith-Marsette/Remiggio/etc. 

Just too early on to trust him without knowing the official pecking order. 

Fwiw I REALLY wanted Mingo pre-draft and I think he's gonna make some noise early in Carolina.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

With rookies it’s really an unknown for us too, for the most part rookies don’t have quite the impact on Reid offenses, only a few have ever had good statistical rookie seasons(Maclin, Desean, Shady,  Kareem Hunt.)

Reports are good, but he’s not likely to have a great season because of how complicated the offense is, I wouldn’t risk an early round pick on him.

For a 7th round pick I think you can list Pop as having a solid statistical season.

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

For the early rounds, you already know about Mahomes and Kelce. Those are the only sure things. For the middle rounds, don't be afraid of CEH, but he WR are a crap shoot and Pacheco is not a given. In the late going take any WR left and throw a last round pick at Justyn Ross. If he's gone, Denerick prince is this year's Pacheco. Just remember that the real Pacheco is still around. 

Don't sleep on the Chiefs' D/ST. They should gets sacks and turn the ball over plus a ton of kicking points.

Preseason game #1 @ New Orleans.

Mahomes is going to play during the 1st quarter. We'll see after that. 

Keep an eye on:

• Which WRs play after the 1st quarter
  • Which TEs and RBs play and how much 
  • Who plays on the DL and where they line up
  • Who returns kicks and punts