Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

On 7/15/2023 at 2:11 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My Week 4 prediction:

Greenland Polar Bears @ Indianapolis Predators
Lancaster Fighting Amish @ Berlin Beer Bellies
Hamilton Hornets @ Tokyo Samurai
UOTW: New Zealand Blobfish @ Egypt Starfalls
Little Rock Uni Royals @ Copenhagen Tables
Scranton Papermakers @ Rio de Janeiro Pirates
Reykjavík Direwolves @ Wattsville Waste Walruses
Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas @ Freiburg Venom
GOTW: Hanoi Viet Kongs @ Phoenix Rubber Ducks
Burlington Sock Puppets @ Anchorage Amphibians

Spoiler

Greenland Polar Bears 22 @ Indianapolis Predators 20
Lancaster Fighting Amish 27 @ Berlin Beer Bellies 37
Hamilton Hornets 26 @ Tokyo Samurai 24
New Zealand Blobfish 20 @ Egypt Starfalls 14
Little Rock Uni Royals 27 @ Copenhagen Tables 24
Scranton Papermakers 10 @ Rio de Janeiro Pirates 26
Reykjavík Direwolves 24 @ Wattsville Waste Walruses 19
Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas 20 @ Freiburg Venom 23
Hanoi Viet Kongs 24 @ Phoenix Rubber Ducks 29
Burlington Sock Puppets 24 @ Anchorage Amphibians 21

Woah. Brutal week. Went 4-6. Think I might retire from the game prediction business.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:
  Hide contents

Greenland Polar Bears 22 @ Indianapolis Predators 20
Lancaster Fighting Amish 27 @ Berlin Beer Bellies 37
Hamilton Hornets 26 @ Tokyo Samurai 24
New Zealand Blobfish 20 @ Egypt Starfalls 14
Little Rock Uni Royals 27 @ Copenhagen Tables 24
Scranton Papermakers 10 @ Rio de Janeiro Pirates 26
Reykjavík Direwolves 24 @ Wattsville Waste Walruses 19
Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas 20 @ Freiburg Venom 23
Hanoi Viet Kongs 24 @ Phoenix Rubber Ducks 29
Burlington Sock Puppets 24 @ Anchorage Amphibians 21

Woah. Brutal week. Went 4-6. Think I might retire from the game prediction business.

Spoiler

6-4 for chatgpt again

17-13 overall

17 minutes ago, The Orca said:

@TheKillerNacho

RB1 rating to the max allowed

How on earth can my backup have 4 fumbles, my team 5, along with 3 picks already. Pierce is on pace for 16 fumbles as a backup 

Your choice of Aaron Jones or Austin Ekeler for a S29 1st and S28 2nd. Go get that chip.

(Heading to bed. If you accept, I'll accept. Toss in whoever in the return, or just drop someone and I'll pick someone else up tomorrow.)

WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS

1. Hamilton Hornets (4-0, LW:1) - Aaron Rodgers continues to be a consistent force. He's probably the early MVP leader with the highest QB Rating and the only QB without an interception. He led the game-winning drive with time expiring.
2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (4-0, LW:2) - The Pirates show the disrespect in scoring a late TD when a first down ends the game.
3. Phoenix Rubber Ducks (4-0, LW:3) - Phoenix has shown to be the kings of the Salsa conference. Their win vs Hanoi wasn't as close as the scoreboard showed.
4. New Zealand Blobfish (3-1, LW:5) - Not an easy win but it didn't feel like they were in trouble until the very last drive of the game.
5. Little Rock Uni Royals (3-1, LW:6) - The box score makes you wonder how the Royals didn't run away with it but it was tight all game thanks to none other than Matt Ryan.
6. Reykjavík Direwolves (3-1, LW:9) - It was a slow start but the offense woke up in the 2nd half and the defense really stepped up to seal the victory.
7. Greenland Polar Bears (3-1, LW:11) - It feels like they escaped another one after the Predators missed a late field goal. Either way you gotta be good to get into these situations to get lucky. It's time to take Greenland seriously.
8. Indianapolis Predators (2-2, LW:8) - It wasn't an easy kick but down 2 with less than 2 minutes remaining was a really bad time for Joey Slye to miss a FG.
9. Lake Minnesota Ice Orcas (2-2, LW:4) - A bit of a steep drop but 2 losses in a row gets them below Indianapolis. They are in a similar place to Tokyo but have the better results.
10. Tokyo Samurai (2-2, LW:7) - The defense and special teams units were keeping them in this but Hamilton stepped up when they needed to to steal the win back.
11. Berlin Beer Bellies (2-2, LW:13) - Berlin destroyed the Irish. If they can put a good result against Phoenix then it may be time to give the Beer Bellies a serious look.
12. Burlington Sock Puppets (2-2, LW:14) - Miles Sanders leads the Sock Puppets to victory.
13. Hanoi Viet Kongs (1-3, LW:10) - It's time for King Kong to fall off the tower. Their 3 losses may have been valiant ones vs the only 3 undefeated teams and all on the road but results matter and their only win isn't looking so hot anymore either. They have a solid chance to win at least 3 of their next 4 games.
14. Copenhagen Tables (1-3, LW:16) - Solid game. No shame in losing this but it broke so many fans' hearts. Josh Allen was just given too much time at the end of the game.
15. Egypt Starfalls (1-3, LW:17) - A decent late effort vs an elite team but maybe the sky is falling in Egypt. They and the Tables climb up because other teams given the benefit of the doubt to start the season fall harder.
16. Freiburg Venom (1-3, LW:19) - Freiburg finally gets their elusive first win and it was vs a pretty good team.
17. Anchorage Amphibians (1-3, LW:12) - Another disappointing home game for Anchorage. This was not the start they were expecting after bringing back the core of a conference championship roster. They may have beat Copenhagen earlier but the teams are trending in opposite directions.
18. Wattsville Waste Walruses (1-3, LW:15) - It may be time to stop calling them the Champs. What kinda cute BS is it running it with Sam LaPorta on 3rd down with 37 seconds left when a TD is needed to win the game? A bit more time and they might have won.
19. Lancaster Fighting Amish (0-4, LW:18) -  The only reason the score even looks halfway respectable is because Lancaster scored a late TD and got another after an onside kick recovery.
20. Scranton Papermakers (0-4, LW:20) - They appear to be making themselves comfortable here. Will they stay at the bottom for the whole season?

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I honestly thought you were talking about me. Two close losses. It's tough.

Price of a championship