Madden SUX thread

Ty21

28 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Also EA tends to remove “features” from the game and re-introduce them later and new features. 

EA might be the most notorious for it, but all of the sports game publishers are guilty of this.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

After the draft, I got a hankering to play some franchise mode, and Madden 24 just so happened to be on sale on PSN for $14.

I am doing CPU vs CPU and mainly just trying to build a winning team and let the ratings do most of the work.     The first season and offseason, I actually had alot of fun with.   CPU vs CPU is actually pretty fun and offers fairly realistic results.   The first simmed season was actually decent too with semi realistic stats and season results.   I thought maybe there were enough tweaks that made it at least somewhat worth playing for the long haul.

Then....season 2 and 3 happened.

First off, scouting, while it has potential, is pretty bad in its current form.

Secondly, the 2nd and 3rd season reverted to being what Ive hated for some many years.   The team ratings mean next to nothing, and the sim engine goes out of its way to pull teams as close to .500 as they can.   Occasionally, there may be an outlier....like a 16-1 team or a 2-15 team....but in seasons 2 and 3, the team with the first pick had 6 wins, and the best team had 13, and then there was one team with 12.

So there were 28 teams or so sandwiched between 6 and 11 wins.    Gimme a break.

Then, while the stats are actually pretty good for all other position, they continue to make finding a franchise QB completely pointless in franchise mode.    When 73 overall rated QBs are putting up numbers that arent much worse than Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson, something is very ******* wrong.      I dont mind some breakout or surprising years from players and teams, but thats not what this is.   Its 100% laziness from a developer that has let the same issues linger for nearly a decade now.

$14 is nothing, but somehow, I regret paying even that the more I play.    Im going to tinker with it and try to give it more of a chance, but its downright embarrassing this game has so many of the same issues from the last Madden game I bought (Madden 18).

Does anyone here have a Madden imported rating for QB Jayden Daniels I could use, they could post here? (Or a link of where I could find one)

I want to start an offline franchise, create/edit him as my Commanders QB for year 1. If you have the 2024 complete Washington rookie draft class? Even better! 😊 

Much appreciated! 👍 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Does anyone here have a Madden imported rating for QB Jayden Daniels I could use, they could post here? (Or a link of where I could find one)

I want to start an offline franchise, create/edit him as my Commanders QB for year 1. If you have the 2024 complete Washington rookie draft class? Even better! 😊 

Much appreciated! 👍 

What system are you on?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

PS5

Just search the community files for draft classes and sort by highest rated. 

That's what I always do.

Oh wait that wouldn't put him on the roster though...

I guess you could manipulate the draft to make sure you get the players the commanders actually drafted but that would be annoying.

Actually just search the community roster files, I'm sure someone has made one with the rookies already.

Edited by rob_shadows

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is there any news for the new game coming out?

My guess is 2 or 3 weeks.

I wont be shocked if there is very little change.   They will hype up NCAA and probably hype up a few new meh features for M25 and hope the lack of effort for Madden flys under the radar....again.

Edit....more official answer...next Thursday.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-25

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is there any news for the new game coming out?

They're releasing info next week.  I'm interested in seeing how they handle dropping information on both this and college leading up to the releases.  I'd imagine they'd want to avoid dropping information too close together. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:06 AM, 43M said:

After the draft, I got a hankering to play some franchise mode, and Madden 24 just so happened to be on sale on PSN for $14.

I am doing CPU vs CPU and mainly just trying to build a winning team and let the ratings do most of the work.     The first season and offseason, I actually had alot of fun with.   CPU vs CPU is actually pretty fun and offers fairly realistic results.   The first simmed season was actually decent too with semi realistic stats and season results.   I thought maybe there were enough tweaks that made it at least somewhat worth playing for the long haul.

Then....season 2 and 3 happened.

First off, scouting, while it has potential, is pretty bad in its current form.

Secondly, the 2nd and 3rd season reverted to being what Ive hated for some many years.   The team ratings mean next to nothing, and the sim engine goes out of its way to pull teams as close to .500 as they can.   Occasionally, there may be an outlier....like a 16-1 team or a 2-15 team....but in seasons 2 and 3, the team with the first pick had 6 wins, and the best team had 13, and then there was one team with 12.

So there were 28 teams or so sandwiched between 6 and 11 wins.    Gimme a break.

Then, while the stats are actually pretty good for all other position, they continue to make finding a franchise QB completely pointless in franchise mode.    When 73 overall rated QBs are putting up numbers that arent much worse than Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson, something is very ******* wrong.      I dont mind some breakout or surprising years from players and teams, but thats not what this is.   Its 100% laziness from a developer that has let the same issues linger for nearly a decade now.

$14 is nothing, but somehow, I regret paying even that the more I play.    Im going to tinker with it and try to give it more of a chance, but its downright embarrassing this game has so many of the same issues from the last Madden game I bought (Madden 18).

CPU vs CPU no longer does 33/36 for QB’s with 2 of those incompletions being  INT’s? Been that way for 15+ years.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 6:45 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

Cover athlete reveal Tuesday 

(speculation about it being Burrow or CMC) 

CMC

Dynamic Stories in Franchise
The goals for Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 25 involved crafting a story, improving draft night, adding Team Builder, creating Franchise Central and adding female coach models. Players will encounter over seventy dynamic storylines that include the likes of managing a player requesting a trade to players showing up to camp out of shape. There will be a wide variety of story arcs that involve players on each team. The developers wanted to incorporate aspects from the NFL Head Coach series as they believed the mode has been missing both life and immersion. Players will need to be properly rested throughout the season along with other stories involving culture changes, sitting the rookie quarterback, exploiting opponent weaknesses, planning early for the offseason and intense contract negotation. The idea is to create more substance to the mode that has been missing.

With these 70+ storylines, players will remember decisions. Managing the right decisions with personalities can make or break them wanting to stay on the team or aggressively trying to get out. These storylines will also last for multiple seasons rather than just a few games. The team has also added 26 new mini games and a new Gauntlet experience building upon mini-camp from last year. Core improvements to the mode will include the addition of team and rookie records so that they can be broken, improving AI for free agency and the draft, a big focus on player progression logic, new draft generators and rookie stories. In the past, older players rated in the 70s would hold up rookie progression and this has been balanced and confirmed not to be overboard.

EA went out and signed Roger Goodell for the game as he will be announcing draft picks during Draft Night. The NFL Draft will also feature walkout cut scenes when players are drafted, much like real life. This also includes later picks of rookies sitting at home that decided not to show up. The development team has also added a new prospect board and a draft environment with a real-time draft board. Players will also receive immediate feedback on the pick that was selected.

Franchise Central will be the new hub for the mode. This will show top players, top stories and matchups within the league. The idea behind this is to add more content and life to the league rather than just progressing through the season. This includes an MVP tracker and other important aspects to engulf the player into their season's narrative. A personal message system that includes players on the trading block, free agents becoming available and fatigued players will also be included.

Dynamic stories, draft changes and the different announcers have me more interested than I thought I would be.  I want to see a little bit, but might be enough to sucker me into the College/Madden deal.  They've had a strange news rollout today though.  No trailer, images incomplete on their webpage.  I guess they want to get some Madden info out there before College's release to capture more potential fools like myself.