Madden SUX thread

Ty21

Wow, simple additions to franchise mode we've been asking for for over a decade that were in the game a decade ago.

Still, I'm actually super anxious to play Madden this year due to the Packers roster, so I might actually get this right away. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Wow, simple additions to franchise mode we've been asking for for over a decade that were in the game a decade ago.

Still, I'm actually super anxious to play Madden this year due to the Packers roster, so I might actually get this right away. 

I'll probably have the $50-60 or whatever to blow so will probably buy it again. 

I still wish they'd add on more years in franchise mode...I hate getting to 2051 and that being the end of it.

On 6/14/2024 at 6:52 PM, D82 said:

I still wish they'd add on more years in franchise mode...I hate getting to 2051 and that being the end of it.

Not dismissing your suggestion at all....but you are a very rare exception of people who ever get to that point.  

Perhaps if franchise were better and more immersive and gave people a reason to go that far....

Anyway...I actually like the franchise additions, but until they fix simulated stats and games, and expand coaching impacts on teams, I think franchise will continue to fall short.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, adamq said:

Does anyone have madden 25? Is the franchise mode actually different in any way?

I do. It is different. Draft big board is a lot easier to sort this year and you can sort by different things like combine numbers, physical traits, and abilities. I would say the actual scouting is pretty much the same though. There are story lines in which you have to pick something to ‘promise’ for certain situations which reward you if you meet them, but from what I can tell don’t really ding you if you don’t hit them. One of my guys said he wanted the ball more and it was like 20 rushes for a receiver and 60 catches so I told him to kick rocks and he temporarily dropped in rating due to his moral and mentioned something about trading him, but I just kept him anyway. There is something with position battles as well where you have to either say there is no competition which dings the teams morale, or pick a stat that’ll determine the starter. Draft presentation is more involved as well.

Overall I’d say more storylines and things of that nature. Better than last year, but still a ways to go.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, adamq said:

Does anyone have madden 25? Is the franchise mode actually different in any way?

Based on what Ive seen others say, not really.    The stuff they did add, as usual, is very surface level and doesn't really add much in terms of depth or immersion.     

NFL is apparently talking to 2K alot about the future.   I really hope they open it up.   I dont want 2K with the exclusive license either....but Id take them over EA.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 43M said:

Based on what Ive seen others say, not really.    The stuff they did add, as usual, is very surface level and doesn't really add much in terms of depth or immersion.     

NFL is apparently talking to 2K alot about the future.   I really hope they open it up.   I dont want 2K with the exclusive license either....but Id take them over EA.

What 2K has done to the NBA games is worse than what EA has done to Madden IMO - the reality is as long as micro-transactions exist and people continue to buy them, neither of these developers will produce a decent sports game for the sim type/offline player for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

• Ty21 changed the title to Madden sux
4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

What 2K has done to the NBA games is worse than what EA has done to Madden IMO - the reality is as long as micro-transactions exist and people continue to buy them, neither of these developers will produce a decent sports game for the sim type/offline player for the foreseeable future. 

But EA can make NBA games. It’s just 2K blew them out of the water and EA gave up. Just like 2K would have blown Madden out of the water and eliminated Madden. Any game without competition will become bad. But 2K without competition is still better than EA without competition. EA puts zero effort into Madden. 

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

But EA can make NBA games. It’s just 2K blew them out of the water and EA gave up. Just like 2K would have blown Madden out of the water and eliminated Madden. Any game without competition will become bad. But 2K without competition is still better than EA without competition. EA puts zero effort into Madden. 

Absolutely not the point - Madden and 2K both suck, they both suck because they focus on what makes them money, MUT, MyP and MyT. It doesn’t matter who is developing what sports game as long as their focus is microtransactions the other aspects of the game will continue to suck - 2K would be doing the same **** Madden is doing w MUT and vice versa. 

If you think 2K is going miraculously fix NFL games when their NBA games are straight trash and have been for the last handful of years then I’d ask you to step out of 2005 and step into reality.