2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Hell no, I would go Tremaine Edmunds in round 1 and my top corner in round 2.

I would still look at someone in the 4th. Right now we have Meredith but no one to consider long term. Maybe someone like St. Brown falls, he would be a he'll of a pick up in the 4th especially of we get Watkins for him to follow around. 

Good news on both Robinson and Watkins not receiving the tags from their respective teams.  Both would be good fits on this team. 

I just have a feeling that Robinson is a Pace type of guy.  he is a big target who can can stretch the field.

Watkins is like a utility knife in that you can use him in multiple ways, but he hasn't yet put it all together throughout his young career.  I expect him to stay in Cali with either the Rams or Niners.

Landry will also likely be a free agent now considering Dolphins won't be able to afford him.  So obvious what they've been trying to do and it will likely backfire now.

Bears won't be short of options that's for sure.  Now it's all about Pace and Nagy doing their best recruitment jobs.

14 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Good news on both Robinson and Watkins not receiving the tags from their respective teams.  Both would be good fits on this team. 

I just have a feeling that Robinson is a Pace type of guy.  he is a big target who can can stretch the field.

Watkins is like a utility knife in that you can use him in multiple ways, but he hasn't yet put it all together throughout his young career.  I expect him to stay in Cali with either the Rams or Niners.

Landry will also likely be a free agent now considering Dolphins won't be able to afford him.  So obvious what they've been trying to do and it will likely backfire now.

Bears won't be short of options that's for sure.  Now it's all about Pace and Nagy doing their best recruitment jobs.

If they all hit the market that would be incredible.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think Cousins is that good.... yeah I said it.

Totally agree.  I think we're seeing the relative peak of QB contracts though. I think the next model is to build a team to win with either a QB under rookie contract, or use your money to build a team that can win with a lesser QB.  I also think the next market to become untenably expensive is OL,  which is why my ideal scenario is to trade back in first round and get williams or mcglinchley 

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think Cousins is that good ...

Also agreed and I’m not convinced that he’s very much better than Keenum. I think they’ll regret this move if this news is true.

Archived