Patriots second year starting CB Jack Jones arrested

DoleINGout

17 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Was it a hassle to get that approved by the airlines?  I’ve considered doing that, but i also worry about it getting stolen.

It's not even a little bit of a hassle. You just have to carry it properly then declare it at the counter and show that you're following the rules. It will not get stolen as that would create the biggest headache of all time for the airlines. They are very good about keeping track.

They'll also put an XL ziptie around your luggage so it cannot be opened (someone went crazy in Florida in the middle of baggage claim) and you have to pick up your bag at the specials counter.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

On the one hand it's insane that this is instant 3 years prison do not pass go do not collect $300 because of the outlandish security theater at airports nowadays.

On the other hand, bro come on you've lived your entire life in a post-9/11 world you gotta know doing this **** with airplanes is going to be treated this way!

The absurdity at which we'll simply lock people away for years in prison in this country is just nuts. Its too normalized. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The absurdity at which we'll simply lock people away for years in prison in this country is just nuts. Its too normalized. 

The first offense is like a $1000 fine. What Jones did is stupid, and it happens every day. People are crazy.  My son works for TSA at an airport that has 6-10 flights per day and every other week they have someone with a gun in a carry on and a half dozen pocketknives per day. 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:14 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

On the one hand it's insane that this is instant 3 years prison do not pass go do not collect $300 because of the outlandish security theater at airports nowadays.

On the other hand, bro come on you've lived your entire life in a post-9/11 world you gotta know doing this **** with airplanes is going to be treated this way!

In 2023 there are just certain places you don’t go near with a gun IMO. It would be like a law abiding dad with the proper permits and everything showing up to a dance recital at a school with one. Have to read the room and post-9/11 no one wants to see any sort of weapon anywhere near an airport 

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

In 2023 there are just certain places you don’t go near with a gun IMO. It would be like a law abiding dad with the proper permits and everything showing up to a dance recital at a school with one. Have to read the room and post-9/11 no one wants to see any sort of weapon anywhere near an airport 

Yeah. People asked me why I never got my CCW back in the day and it’s simple…as a teacher, coach, and soon to be federal employee on a military base/other secure areas, I can’t have it with me at those locations. It’s that simple 

• Like 1

I go back and forth with this because on the one hand

Ok maybe you didnt know it was there. Im not sure how heavy those 2 guys fully-loaded are but for a NFL elite level athlete probably doesnt feel like much

but

Dude, if you own stuff like that you need to know where they are at all times plus like someone mentioned in a post-9/11 world, the airport is the last place you can have that happen

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I go back and forth with this because on the one hand

Ok maybe you didnt know it was there. Im not sure how heavy those 2 guys fully-loaded are but for a NFL elite level athlete probably doesnt feel like much

but

Dude, if you own stuff like that you need to know where they are at all times plus like someone mentioned in a post-9/11 world, the airport is the last place you can have that happen

2 fully loaded glocks have some weight to them but if they are in a baggage you may not notice

• Like 1