Patriots second year starting CB Jack Jones arrested

DoleINGout

6 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

How do you plead not guilty to something that did in fact happen and caused you to be arrested?

If you plead guilty right away you get sentenced right away and there is no point to having a lawyer.

You can always plead guilty later.   This buys time for your attorney to look at evidence and negotiate a better deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I hope for Jack Jones he comes out of this with nothing more than the standard fines and better judgement when handling a basic firearm, especially in airports.

Still doesn't explain the magazines that are illegal to posses at all and carry mandatory minimums.

20 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

How do you plead not guilty to something that did in fact happen and caused you to be arrested?

you plead not guilty so that your lawyer can conference with the DA's office and come up with some sort of resolution of a plea, if you plead guilty you're at the mercy of the judge for sentencing, this way you can come up with some sort of deal for lesser time, or a diversion program or some sorts

• Like 2

On 6/16/2023 at 11:58 PM, y*so*blu said:

Who doesn't know that you can't bring firearms on a plane in 2023?

Hell, they won't even let you bring camping utensils. I had to throw mine away before I boarded.

Seriously.  Just lmao.  What a moron.  There are prohibited items i could almost see being ignorant of because you wouldn't think of them as conventionally dangerous.  But like...firearms.  You're not an Air Marshall, you don't get to carry guns on the plane.  This should be the most obvious, self-explanatory thing in the world.

But the comment about utensils reminds me of the time i made the mistake of ordering a steak sandwich at a Chili's in an airport.  So it was inevitably overcooked and tough, and they'd just given me a normal knife to tackle that challenge.  I asked for a steak knife and learned that no...you actually can't have one of those because the restaurant is past security.  So i just had to sit there hacking away at this dried out grey lump trying to get it down to edible sized pieces.  And now i know...

18 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

But the comment about utensils reminds me of the time i made the mistake of ordering a steak sandwich at a Chili's in an airport.  So it was inevitably overcooked and tough, and they'd just given me a normal knife to tackle that challenge.  I asked for a steak knife and learned that no...you actually can't have one of those because the restaurant is past security.  So i just had to sit there hacking away at this dried out grey lump trying to get it down to edible sized pieces.  And now i know...

To not order crappy steak?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

To not order crappy steak?

I mean, yeah.  I already kinda knew that though.  But at the airport terminal, options tend to be pretty limited.

I have learned over the years though, that if you want a steak that's anything close to edible cooked at those sort of places, the trick is to just order it Rare.  Then you've got 50/50 chance of it coming out with some sort of pink in it at least.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I think he he learned he should just avoid Chilis in general 

This as well.  But when it's like...that or full on fast food, an overpriced burger place, or a wine bar serving basically appetizers and charcuterie...i might still make that mistake again.  Mostly just so i can sit around and have an overpriced drink with my bad meal.  I can't afford the exotic pizza places like Sbarro.  They've got a real captive audience.  Especially when they had everyone checking in multiple hours early and then flight delays all over the place.

But lots was learned that day.  And my previous inclination to never go to Chili's on purpose was confirmed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, yeah.  I already kinda knew that though.  But at the airport terminal, options tend to be pretty limited.

I have learned over the years though, that if you want a steak that's anything close to edible cooked at those sort of places, the trick is to just order it Rare.  Then you've got 50/50 chance of it coming out with some sort of pink in it at least.

This as well.  But when it's like...that or full on fast food, an overpriced burger place, or a wine bar serving basically appetizers and charcuterie...i might still make that mistake again.  Mostly just so i can sit around and have an overpriced drink with my bad meal.  I can't afford the exotic pizza places like Sbarro.  They've got a real captive audience.  Especially when they had everyone checking in multiple hours early and then flight delays all over the place.

But lots was learned that day.  And my previous inclination to never go to Chili's on purpose was confirmed.

Buy a couple mini bottle of booze from the grocery store before you go to the airport.  Get through security.  Then buy a bottle of coke (or whichever mixer you’d prefer).  Then youve got several very reasonably priced drinks that can last you through the whole flight.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Buy a couple mini bottle of booze from the grocery store before you go to the airport.  Get through security.  Then buy a bottle of coke (or whichever mixer you’d prefer).  Then youve got several very reasonably priced drinks that can last you through the whole flight.

They definitely don't let you do that here.  Unless you're smuggling those mini bottles in like a prisoner or something.

But also...the flight's always got mini bottles for sale if you want.  It's the hours of loitering around the airport waiting to board or waiting for a connecting flight that need big dranks.

Edited by Tugboat

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

They definitely don't let you do that here.  Unless you're smuggling those mini bottles in like a prisoner or something.

But also...the flight's always got mini bottles for sale if you want.  It's the hours of loitering around the airport waiting to board or waiting for a connecting flight that need big dranks.

Yeah I just saw in WAYTA that you’re from Canada.  In America they let you right through security with those bottles.  Buy them for $2 at the store and don’t get caught making your mixture on the plane.  They’ll charge you $10+ for them on the plane.

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You saying to don’t put your shooters in the “safe” when you go to the airport? Who are you Jack Jones?