Rams bring back RB Sony Michel; retires

TheKillerNacho

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/20/rams-agree-to-terms-with-sony-michel/

The Rams bring back their 2021 leading rusher, who spent the majority of last season with the cross-town Chargers after being let go by Miami as a part of their final cuts. Considering they previously had only the reportedly-unhappy Cam Akers and two late-rounders from the previous couple drafts (Kyren Williams and Zach Evans) at the position, Sony could see substantial playing time this upcoming season.

Remember when he and Nick Chubb were splitting carries at Georgia? Remember when Michel was considered the better prospect and was drafted ahead of Chubb?

Funny how that works out. I wonder how things would be if Belly drafted Chubb and Cleveland selected Michel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Remember when he and Nick Chubb were splitting carries at Georgia? Remember when Michel was considered the better prospect and was drafted ahead of Chubb?

Funny how that works out. I wonder how things would be if Belly drafted Chubb and Cleveland selected Michel.

Sony has always be the lesser of the two. People won’t admit it because they loved Sony back in the day. But c’mon: slower, weaker, and lesser gpu.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

I never understood that take when watching them play in the same backfield. The knee injury must have scared people.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 7:59 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/20/rams-agree-to-terms-with-sony-michel/

The Rams bring back their 2021 leading rusher, who spent the majority of last season with the cross-town Chargers after being let go by Miami as a part of their final cuts. Considering they previously had only the reportedly-unhappy Cam Akers and two late-rounders from the previous couple drafts (Kyren Williams and Zach Evans) at the position, Sony could see substantial playing time this upcoming season.

The Los Angeles Rams are going to be the most "#1 Overall Pick" team of all-time.

Not kidding when I say 2022 Sony Michel is the worst RB I have ever seen. And I have watched Jermaine Fazande, Larry Rountree, and Gartrell Johnson.

Edited by HerbertGOAT

19 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

The Los Angeles Rams are going to be the most "#1 Overall Pick" team of all-time.

Not kidding when I say 2022 Sony Michel is the worst RB I have ever seen. And I have watched Jermaine Fazande, Larry Rountree, and Gartrell Johnson.

An impressive feat, considering he never had a career carry for the Chargers.

3 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Michel played a lot of snaps for our team that won the Super Bowl in 2021. He's mediocre, but it's really no big deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Until last season, I assume you mean (and I actually thought he had a decent rookie season despite limited action)? He was awful with the Chargers.

Yeah I meant that he wasn't a full-on bust because he was okay for a couple years, just hurt a lot.

On 6/23/2023 at 9:40 PM, HerbertGOAT said:

A team with Stafford, Kupp, Donald and McVay is the most "#1 Overall Pick" team of all-time?