Propose A Trade

BetterCallSaul

7 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Falcons trade Kyle Pitts

Titans trade Treylon Burks

Falcons misuse Pitts and signed Jonnu

Titans don’t like receivers so they add another TE to pair with Chig that resembles one…

YEah, this is dumb. Falcons don't misuse Pitts. Mariota couldn't get him the ball. Please quit with this false narrative that's been spouted by fantasy football analysts. EDIT: would likely require another 2-3 1sts from the titans side to make it even.

Edited by scar988

Broncos WR Cortland Sutton to the Texans for a 2024 3rd round pick - Texans need a big boundary threat and Denver can use an extra top 100 pick. (There are probably extra picks to be included, but the immediate return would be the 2024 3rd).

Denver has a pretty diverse WR group, and while Sutton fits what HC Sean Payton likes in his WRs, he’s got a deep group that needs snaps. Jerry Jeudy is starting to turn into a developed target, Tim Patrick has some quality attributes that should get him on the field more and there is a glut of WRs that could serve in the 3 spot (Callaway, Mims Jr, Hamler, Humphrey). Denver has a potential logjam at the position even without Sutton in the discussion, and additional capital is always good following the picks given up on the Russell Wilson trade - let alone a pick that’s going to be closer to 65 than 96. 

In Houston - Sutton could emerge as a key guy in a thin/young WR room, and give CJ Stroud an experienced route runner with a big catch radius. TE Dalton Schultz is right now billed as the hot read under duress, and Sutton would probably supersede him in that respect. He’d get a significant amount of targets in the Bobby Slowik WCO offense, and would probably put up numbers consistent with his career best numbers (70+/1100+/8). 

I think both sides would be interested, but I also doubt the Texans or Broncos would act on this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

YEah, this is dumb. Falcons don't misuse Pitts. Mariota couldn't get him the ball. Please quit with this false narrative that's been spouted by fantasy football analysts. EDIT: would likely require another 2-3 1sts from the titans side to make it even.

Lol ok bud

47 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Lol ok bud

30/58 targets thrown his way were off-target. He was wide open a bunch actually watching the film. Usage wasn't the issue with Pitts. Mariota was atrocious. He'll go off this year. And Falcons aren't trading him in the first place. They would absolutely laugh at that trade idea.

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Chase Young for a 2nd. Come get him. 

How about the Bears trade a 3rd for him with conditions that could adjust that to a 2nd (Young and Chicago agree to at least a 3 year extension and he gets 8 sacks) or the Bears get a 2024 5th rounder back from WAS if he is not re-signed AND does not get 8 sacks at least. If he signs less than 3 years or gets a longer deal but less than 8 sacks then WAS returns nothing.

Saw the 5th year option was declined so at worst WAS gets to jump up to (likely) the early 3rd for him and at worst lose a 5th while doing so. If he balls out and gets paid then WAS gets to go up to the 2nd for him like you hoped. I can't be too aggressive with the offer since he has only played in 12 of the possible 36 games over the last two years.

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

30/58 targets thrown his way were off-target. He was wide open a bunch actually watching the film. Usage wasn't the issue with Pitts. Mariota was atrocious. He'll go off this year. And Falcons aren't trading him in the first place. They would absolutely laugh at that trade idea.

Just off his production from his rookie year alone I would shut down the trade offer. Being a Gator homer aside even.

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Just off his production from his rookie year alone I would shut down the trade offer. Being a Gator homer aside even.

Yup. The issue wasn't usage because he was used the same as a rookie and a 2nd year player. The issue was Mariota couldn't get him the ball or read a defense and anticipate him being open.

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

How about the Bears trade a 3rd for him with conditions that could adjust that to a 2nd (Young and Chicago agree to at least a 3 year extension and he gets 8 sacks) or the Bears get a 2024 5th rounder back from WAS if he is not re-signed AND does not get 8 sacks at least. If he signs less than 3 years or gets a longer deal but less than 8 sacks then WAS returns nothing.

Saw the 5th year option was declined so at worst WAS gets to jump up to (likely) the early 3rd for him and at worst lose a 5th while doing so. If he balls out and gets paid then WAS gets to go up to the 2nd for him like you hoped. I can't be too aggressive with the offer since he has only played in 12 of the possible 36 games over the last two years.

I'd still rather play it out or hold for the 2nd. I can wait for the 3rd later at the deadline maybe. I'll take that risk. Wouldn't trust a team wouldn't just franchise him to avoid having to pay a 2nd. You wanna swap the 2nd for Young and the 5th I'd talk. 

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd still rather play it out or hold for the 2nd. I can wait for the 3rd later at the deadline maybe. I'll take that risk. Wouldn't trust a team wouldn't just franchise him to avoid having to pay a 2nd. You wanna swap the 2nd for Young and the 5th I'd talk. 

Help me understand what playing it out means.  I am curious.

If he plays well in 2023 are you then likely to resign him or tag him? 

Or do you just want the good play for this season?  

Is it just for a competition between Sweat and Young for a contract?  How many DL is WA willing to pay? 

Me I would probably take a 3rd and save money to try to sign Sweat given totality of circumstances for the team.  Especially a third from a team that isn’t a likely a contender.  

If he doesn’t play well early or in preseason there will be no value to be had.   Take the bird in hand now, if it is there.  

Personally, if am Bears I don’t make the offer for third.  If I am WA I would take it if offered.

These trades for struggling first round picks in last year of their deal seldom work out for team the player goes to.  Bears picked up two last year that didn’t work out.

Roquan Smith to Balt was different example of a trade.  He wasn’t struggling on field or with injuries, he just wanted more than Bears were willing to pay.

It does suck to be in this situation.  Young was supposed to be a HOF pass rusher when drafted.  

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Help me understand what playing it out means.  I am curious.

If he plays well in 2023 are you then likely to resign him or tag him? 

Yes.

Is it just for a competition between Sweat and Young for a contract?  How many DL is WA willing to pay? 

I would guess three. 

Me I would probably take a 3rd and save money to try to sign Sweat given totality of circumstances for the team.  Especially a third from a team that isn’t a likely a contender.  

I think I could get a 3rd for Sweat too. He's a solid player. 

If he doesn’t play well early or in preseason there will be no value to be had.   Take the bird in hand now, if it is there.  

It's risk/reward. I've soured on him, but he's playing for a contract now. Maybe it'll spark him. If it fails... well either way we've blown our #2 pick. 

Personally, if am Bears I don’t make the offer for third.  If I am WA I would take it if offered.

These trades for struggling first round picks in last year of their deal seldom work out for team the player goes to.  Bears picked up two last year that didn’t work out.

Then why are you offering to try it again?

Roquan Smith to Balt was different example of a trade.  He wasn’t struggling on field or with injuries, he just wanted more than Bears were willing to pay.

It does suck to be in this situation.  Young was supposed to be a HOF pass rusher when drafted.  

It really sucks. I had high, high hopes. Again, if it was a 2nd, I would take the bird in the hand. For a 3rd, I'd rather see it play out. That's honestly where I drew my line. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes.

I would guess three. 

I think I could get a 3rd for Sweat too. He's a solid player. 

It's risk/reward. I've soured on him, but he's playing for a contract now. Maybe it'll spark him. If it fails... well either way we've blown our #2 pick. 

Then why are you offering to try it again?

It really sucks. I had high, high hopes. Again, if it was a 2nd, I would take the bird in the hand. For a 3rd, I'd rather see it play out. That's honestly where I drew my line. 

That’s another Bear fan, not me.  

It is really hard to make a trade two fans really want.  

(Not you - generally) People often also want a good deal rather than a fair one.  

Me I generally don’t want someone a team doesn’t want since they know him better.  

I don’t want a guy in last year if his deal for a third rounder or better unless I like him as he is and I am already ready to resign him.  

In other words I would rather have the lottery ticket of the higher draft pick than the lottery ticket that a guy will suddenly turn his career around after four years.

Later round pick?  Okay, less likely those work out too.  That is more even.  

It is an interesting and difficult challenge.

• Like 1