Propose A Trade

BetterCallSaul

On 6/29/2023 at 10:39 AM, ET80 said:

Broncos WR Cortland Sutton to the Texans for a 2024 3rd round pick - Texans need a big boundary threat and Denver can use an extra top 100 pick. (There are probably extra picks to be included, but the immediate return would be the 2024 3rd).

Denver has a pretty diverse WR group, and while Sutton fits what HC Sean Payton likes in his WRs, he’s got a deep group that needs snaps. Jerry Jeudy is starting to turn into a developed target, Tim Patrick has some quality attributes that should get him on the field more and there is a glut of WRs that could serve in the 3 spot (Callaway, Mims Jr, Hamler, Humphrey). Denver has a potential logjam at the position even without Sutton in the discussion, and additional capital is always good following the picks given up on the Russell Wilson trade - let alone a pick that’s going to be closer to 65 than 96. 

In Houston - Sutton could emerge as a key guy in a thin/young WR room, and give CJ Stroud an experienced route runner with a big catch radius. TE Dalton Schultz is right now billed as the hot read under duress, and Sutton would probably supersede him in that respect. He’d get a significant amount of targets in the Bobby Slowik WCO offense, and would probably put up numbers consistent with his career best numbers (70+/1100+/8). 

I think both sides would be interested, but I also doubt the Texans or Broncos would act on this.

I like this trade. A 3rd and a conditional 5th that could turn into a 4th would be homerun for Denver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

I like this trade. A 3rd and a conditional 5th that could turn into a 4th would be homerun for Denver.

And those are assets the Texans have to give - Sutton could be the 1a this year, and can slide into 1b once a guy is drafted in 2024 (I doubt Harrison will be in range for the Browns pick, but a guy such as Egbuka could probably be had).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And those are assets the Texans have to give - Sutton could be the 1a this year, and can slide into 1b once a guy is drafted in 2024 (I doubt Harrison will be in range for the Browns pick, but a guy such as Egbuka could probably be had).

(Big) if Sutton can stay healthy, this trade is a major win for Houston.

3 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

As sad as it would be to lose Courtland (He's a very easy guy to root for), I think the cap savings would make this worth it. It's more likely Houston would say no that the Broncos would. 

Edited by grizmo78

On 6/29/2023 at 7:58 AM, MikeT14 said:

Chase Young for a 2nd. Come get him. 

I'd LOVE the Rams to do this. AD effect makes him a double digit sack pass rusher easily.

But we would wait until closer to mid season to make sure we're at least hovering around .500

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I'd LOVE the Rams to do this. AD effect makes him a double digit sack pass rusher easily.

But we would wait until closer to mid season to make sure we're at least hovering around .500

If you are willing to give a second then the Rams should pull the trigger now. 8 games with the addition of a prime edge next to Donald should earn at least one more victory, if not more.

19 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

IMO, the Rams should be trying to gain picks not give any away.

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Aaron Donald has been threatening to retire for 2 years. How much could he possibly be worth?

Depends on the eventual Restructured contract extension he'd undoubtedly want/get and how much would be paid upfront to protect themselves if he did retire in the following year or so? Not sure?

I don't see him leaving LA tbh. If LAR had the balls to trade him, he'd say 🖕 and retire. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

IMO, the Rams should be trying to gain picks not give any away.

We had 14 picks this year. We will end up with 10+ next year too. Plus Chase Young is better than who we could get in the 2nd round and our cap situation is fantastic starting next year