Propose A Trade

BetterCallSaul

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd still rather play it out or hold for the 2nd. I can wait for the 3rd later at the deadline maybe. I'll take that risk. Wouldn't trust a team wouldn't just franchise him to avoid having to pay a 2nd. You wanna swap the 2nd for Young and the 5th I'd talk. 

That's fair. If it gets near the deadline I'd move it down to a 4th and no higher just because that is less time to work with him.

I would however be willing to make a secondary clause where if he is franchised then Chicago does not move up to a 2nd but also pitches in their own 5th for 2024 though. They have 9 picks as they have CAR's 1st and PHI's 4th, so I am willing to deal a bit more. That covers WAS in case the Bears tag him as you said but also prevents Chicago from dealing too heavily on a player that has potential but is a serious injury risk. A franchise tag means around $20 mil for the year with a DE so that would be expensive enough coupled with two picks IMO. 

What would you say to that offer?

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That's fair. If it gets near the deadline I'd move it down to a 4th and no higher just because that is less time to work with him.

I would however be willing to make a secondary clause where if he is franchised then Chicago does not move up to a 2nd but also pitches in their own 5th for 2024 though. They have 9 picks as they have CAR's 1st and PHI's 4th, so I am willing to deal a bit more. That covers WAS in case the Bears tag him as you said but also prevents Chicago from dealing too heavily on a player that has potential but is a serious injury risk. A franchise tag means around $20 mil for the year with a DE so that would be expensive enough coupled with two picks IMO. 

What would you say to that offer?

I can't answer the deadline portion of it. A lot of that will depend on how's he's playing. I get what you're saying, and it makes sense, but I wouldn't agree to it ahead of time. 

• Like 1

Since the Packers don't have an owner, they trade for Dan Snyder just before he officially gives up ownership of the Commanders. In return, Washington gets 50,000 cheesehead hats to sell to fans. They cover the former cheeseheads with General's stars, hoping that the unpopular name "Commanders" will catch on. Snyder changes the Packers name to "Redskins" and dares everyone to make him change it this time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Since the Packers don't have an owner, they trade for Dan Snyder just before he officially gives up ownership of the Commanders. In return, Washington gets 50,000 cheesehead hats to sell to fans. They cover the former cheeseheads with General's stars, hoping that the unpopular name "Commanders" will catch on. Snyder changes the Packers name to "Redskins" and dares everyone to make him change it this time.

scruffy-futurama.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Vikings trade Danielle Hunter to Dallas for third round pick that becomes a second, if Hunter gets 10+ sacks.

Dallas becomes a serious contender, IMO, if Hunter plays well.  Minnesota gets compensated for a player that wants out, and is a pending FA.

I think Dallas is high on Sam Williams…as am I. Love him. 

On 6/30/2023 at 11:45 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Vikings trade Danielle Hunter to Dallas for third round pick that becomes a second, if Hunter gets 10+ sacks.

Dallas becomes a serious contender, IMO, if Hunter plays well.  Minnesota gets compensated for a player that wants out, and is a pending FA.

That’s interesting.  Dallas can’t wait and see though.  They have to pay him now or risk him sitting out.

I don’t think they do it with Lawrence and Parsons in place.  If one got hurt in camp whole different story.  

I think they like their starting 22 and won’t make any further moves of note unless there is an injury.  

Depth is an issue, but that is true of most teams.