What team does your team steal free agents from, and what team steals your free agents?

cconocool

There was a period a few years back where like every Ravens FA was signed by the Jets. Had a lot to do with Joe Douglas coming from here.

We honestly don’t sign enough FA every year for me to notice a trend in the opposite direction…we typically just hold off on signing external FAs so we have more compensatory picks. We did sign Marcus Williams last offseason and Mark Ingram a few before that so maybe Saints?

As @August4th mentioned, its definitely the Cards who go after Steelers players.   Not quite as much as they used to, but still happens.

Don't think the Steelers ever went after a particular teams players.    Maybe certain players coaches had connections with from former teams that filled needs.    We dont sign many notable free agents.

Packers: We don't poach very often.  But it is probably a tie between Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Houston.  We also got Rasul Douglas and Devondre Campbell from the Cardinals.  I guess Rich Bisaccia has also brought a few of his Raiders guys over since joining the staff.

On 7/7/2023 at 10:08 AM, Ray Reed said:

There was a period a few years back where like every Ravens FA was signed by the Jets. Had a lot to do with Joe Douglas coming from here.

Don't believe that statement is true at all.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/nfl/ravens/news/jets-add-another-raven

Well, believe it lol

There were 9 former Ravens on the Jets going into the 2020 season. There’s even an article on SI calling them “Ravens North”….

I suppose you're right, slipped my mind because most of those guys didn't make the 53-man.

To be honest I thought you were confusing it with the Rex Ryan era.

Just now, jetjuice said:

Yeah that is the one that I recall more distinctly. Several impact players from that lot.

But that's also to be expected when a well-liked coach goes from one team to another. They generally take some players with them to anchor their scheme with a new group of personnel.