What team does your team steal free agents from, and what team steals your free agents?

cconocool

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

for awhile the cards were taking a good amount of guys from the Steelers. we would call them Steelers-west

I can see us signing more eagles due to the Front office connection 

Lots of back and forth with the Giants, too. We got Pugh and Hernandez from them. They got Markus Golden and Deone Bucannon from us. We took Golden back.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Lots of back and forth with the Giants, too. We got Pugh and Hernandez from them. They got Markus Golden and Deone Bucannon from us. We took Golden back.

We also got a few free agents from the Falcons during the Kliff era.

Despite being pretty much better than us overall for the past ~20 years, the Eagles have historically signed a lot of former Giants while we hardly ever sign former Eagles. Kenny Phillips, Steve Smith, Will Beatty, James Bradberry, Rueben Randle, and maybe even a few more I can't recall right now all signed immediately to the Eagles from the Giants. All but Bradberry lasted just one year. I'm not even counting players who stopped at other teams in between. The only 2 Eagles players I can recall us signing in the past ~20 years are Shawn Andrews and Corey Clement.

19 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Golden, Bucannon, Antoine Bethea and Kareem Martin were all because James Bettcher was our DC for the Pat Shurmur era and he came from Arizona. That's normally how it works; coaches will lobby to try to get former players to their new teams. It's the same reason why, after Daboll and Schoen were brought over from the Bills to run the team, the Giants acquired Antonio Williams, Matt Breida, Isaiah Hodgins, and Nick McCloud all previously from the Bills.

• Like 1

TBH, Lions seemed to sign a lot of former Patriots under Quinntricia but otherwise, seem diverse in who they sign. Before now, they would overpay mid talent to bring them in. This is truly the first season that I can recall where not only did the Lions get better talent at reasonable/good deals but all of our top FAs were scooped up by other teams. That is how I can tell Holmes/Campbell have really turned this roster around. They are cutting quality guys and not scrambling to find decent ones.