DeAndre Hopkins to Tennessee (2 years, $32M)

Ty21

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Every fan: man, I expected FREE AGENT to sign with a contender for less money.

Every free agent in the history of the league:

tumblr_odoh8pwfVW1rynk4uo2_250.gif

It actually happens more then you might think. Everyone just assumed the contenders would also throw a bag DHop's way because they "absolutely " needed him. He was a must have!

They didn't! He wasn't!

https://www.iggles.com/brandon-graham-stay-in-philly/#:~:text=I just told my agent,a player in team history.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

It actually happens more then you might think. Everyone just assumed the contenders would also throw a bag DHop's way because they "absolutely " needed him. He was a must have!

They didn't! He wasn't!

https://www.iggles.com/brandon-graham-stay-in-philly/#:~:text=I just told my agent,a player in team history.

Not for the contenders.  But when your WR2 is a contest between Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Kyle Phillips, and Chris Moore, he definitely is.

From what they're posting, I think people are legit surprised he didn't take like a $5 million dollar to deal to sign with the Bills or Chiefs.  And for that, I stand by my gif.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

They didn't! He wasn't!

That example is a very different example of a player taking a pay cut to stay with his team not a superstar in free agency courting other teams both contenders and not…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Why did they trade AJ Brown away. What are they doing.

The fanbase has been asking this since it happened.

As for what they're doing, they're trying to set up a soft rebuild while not sacrificing the ability to contend for the playoffs.  In theory it sounds great, in practice it just means you're really just doing a bad rebuild while weakening your team just enough to miss out on a real chance for a playoff run imo.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trojan said:

I wonder if Tennessee offered him any onramp into front office mode once he retires or at least can sneak peak in the meantime, isn't his career goal to become a GM?

That was Andre Johnson. No clue on whether or not DeAndre said anything similar.

On 7/17/2023 at 1:46 AM, Jeezla said:

What's the word on Treylon heading into camp? I know he supposedly had some conditioning issues too, and my biggest pet peeve about him headed into the draft was that he looked like he never went to the gym and lifted weights. Has he finally started to take his body seriously and started looking more jacked or at least more cut?

All the talk this off season has been how dedicated he has been and how much Tannehill has been raving about him. Like always, you never know it’s only pre season but the vibes have been positive so we’ll see. 

11 hours ago, Danger said:

We'll come back to this thread at the end of the year. Sure I can't say it 100%, but a plethora of red flags are there with Burks.

I’ll happily come back after this season if he implodes and goes for under 600-700 yards and has 2-3 TDs and eat crow. 

Edited by Titansfan
  • Like 1