Kadarius Toney has knee surgery; status for week 1 unclear

Superduperman

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kadarius-toney-underwent-knee-surgery-on-tuesday-morning

Chiefs receiver Kadarius Toney underwent surgery to repair his injured knee on Tuesday morning, head coach Andy Reid said in his Tuesday press conference.
Toney partially tore his meniscus during a special teams drill on Sunday.
“He might’ve had a little something in there anyway and it just caught a little bit more,” Reid said. “So, you take care of those things, get them knocked out.”
While there was a report that Toney would be ready for Kansas City’s Week One matchup with Detroit, Reid pumped the brakes a little on that notion.
“There’s a chance for the first game, but we’ll see,” Reid said. “We’ll just have to see how the recovery goes with him. But he’s bound and determined that he’s going to be there for the first game. We’ll see how it goes.”

Edited by Superduperman

20 hours ago, RedGold said:

I don’t have to watch Mecole anymore, you can’t break my spirits 

MVS is Mecole II

While I expect KT to begin the season on PUP, it appears to be a close call. He should be 100% by October. January is when his health matters.

With one less WR spot taken, there is a good chance Justyn Ross makes the 53-man roster. He has a year in the system and is showing an impressive catch radius. One-hand grabs are becoming routine. 

It would not surprise me if Richie James steps into KT's slot. They both played a very similar system with the NY Giants. Skyy Moore will have a bigger long-term impact but he has been a touch slow picking things up. Justin Watson will still be the blocking WR/glue-guy, but he is capable of running a route.