We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I think he might need to start citing his sources because he is writing thesis in this thread.  

49 minutes ago, buno67 said:

then I am going to start assuming you are copying and pasting. You either site your sources or submit your posts to plagiarism checker. Lucky for you that Webby had a bibliography function key inserted to the new site. Its the button that looks like a piece of paper and magnifying... 

The therapist says it's best that I not cite my sources... the trauma is just too much... I did it all for love of Browns and Country...

10 hours ago, Mind Character said:

My fellow FFers...we can no longer let the scourge of Small-handgate 2018 divide us...

Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield have the biggest hands the draft has ever seen...sources say (Source: Sorority girls)

Sam Darnold fumbles a ton therefore has the smallest hands in the modern draft era sources say (Source: Dissatisfied sorority girl).

In GB, Dorsey and HighSmith learned the Ted Thompson rules that small hands are a disqualifier and I for one am beyond proud to announce the Browns have narrowed the 2018 1st overall pick down to two options.

1. Josh Allen

2. Baker Mayfield

Please Note:      I shall return soon with sourced reports of which of the two we shall select in the next month.

I'm going to find out first hand who has the biggest hands....I'm going undercover for what will be my toughest and most thorough investigative reporting..

Just know that I do this for you & the love of the game. Wish me luck!

200.gif#5-grid1

h7DAUs.gif

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The therapist says it's best that I not cite my sources... the trauma is just too much... I did it all for love of Browns and Country...

We love you Mind.

Hope that hearing that eases the trauma.

You know what, hue and the coaching staff is straight garbage using JimmyG to throw the FO under the bus. Just disturbing that they “leaked” info to the media saying they dropped the ball and that it made he coaches furious. 

Articles coming out that NE wouldn’t even entertain the Browns even tho they said they will give them the best offer.  

Hue and Co. Lied to get Sashi fired. If your jimmy or Dorsey how can you trust him now?

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You know what, hue and the coaching staff is straight garbage using JimmyG to throw the FO under the bus. Just disturbing that they “leaked” info to the media saying they dropped the ball and that it made he coaches furious. 

Articles coming out that NE wouldn’t even entertain the Browns even tho they said they will give them the best offer.  

Hue and Co. Lied to get Sashi fired. If your jimmy or Dorsey how can you trust him now?

I think it was the fact that Sashi didn’t crack under the pressure of a losing season and deviate from the plan by throwing a few nice assets at a middling qb who would do nothing but ruin our shot at a qb like Hue and Haslam wanted that got him fired tbh.

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

While some of that may be true Hue wouldnt be able to tell Jimmy that how Sashi botched the trade, and Haslem made the decision.  Information Hue leaked to the media shouldnt have affected Sashi's job security in that way.  NE froze everybody except the 49ers out, so whether that was because he didn't want to go to an organization run by Haslem, or Sashi, or coached by Hue...all speculative.  Feasibly could be any of the 3 or likely all 3.

It's confusing why Hue is still employed by us, but I don't think he put a giant knife in Sashi's back like you guys claim.  They were both answerable to Haslem, they both are failures thus far.  Hue has as much claim to handling a depraved roster as Sashi has that he's a bad coach.

Yes the way Hue throws Sashi under the bus publicly is a little greasy, but he's not wrong.  If he flat out said "I suck" he wouldn't be wrong either.

10 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

While some of that may be true Hue wouldnt be able to tell Jimmy that how Sashi botched the trade, and Haslem made the decision.  Information Hue leaked to the media shouldnt have affected Sashi's job security in that way.  NE froze everybody except the 49ers out, so whether that was because he didn't want to go to an organization run by Haslem, or Sashi, or coached by Hue...all speculative.  Feasibly could be any of the 3 or likely all 3.

It's confusing why Hue is still employed by us, but I don't think he put a giant knife in Sashi's back like you guys claim.  They were both answerable to Haslem, they both are failures thus far.  Hue has as much claim to handling a depraved roster as Sashi has that he's a bad coach.

Yes the way Hue throws Sashi under the bus publicly is a little greasy, but he's not wrong.  If he flat out said "I suck" he wouldn't be wrong either.

Joe Thomas speculated on Twitter Belichick froze out other teams thinking if he wasn’t satisfied he could sign with another AFC East team in the off-season.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

It's confusing why Hue is still employed by us, but I don't think he put a giant knife in Sashi's back like you guys claim.

He literally had his media stooge leak that Sashi and Co "went home early" the day Jimmy G was traded and that they were negligent in letting him go without bidding on him.

Pluto has since reported that the Browns called two days before, willing to move Houston's 1st AND MORE, and were turned down flat.

This means that Hue lied to make the FO look like they had failed when they never had a chance.

That is a giant knife.

30 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

He literally had his media stooge leak that Sashi and Co "went home early" the day Jimmy G was traded and that they were negligent in letting him go without bidding on him.

Pluto has since reported that the Browns called two days before, willing to move Houston's 1st AND MORE, and were turned down flat.

This means that Hue lied to make the FO look like they had failed when they never had a chance.

That is a giant knife.

Wasn’t it actually his daughter that tweeted about it?!

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Joe Thomas speculated on Twitter Belichick froze out other teams thinking if he wasn’t satisfied he could sign with another AFC East team in the off-season.

Honestly this makes sense. At least 2 division opponents need a QB, so avoiding putting him somewhere that he would try to leave makes sense. It also makes sense that If JG was BB's guy, and he never expected TB to play this long and was forced to trade him, that he would want to send him someplace where he thought he would succeed at

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

That is a giant knife.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it was the fact that Sashi didn’t crack under the pressure of a losing season and deviate from the plan by throwing a few nice assets at a middling qb who would do nothing but ruin our shot at a qb like Hue and Haslam wanted that got him fired tbh.

1. I know you're not going to read all this...lol

If you think Sashi was fired because of some mastermind media spin campaign by Hue...I'd argue youre selectively paying attention to some things that confirm previously held beliefs and disregarded other important things.

There were plenty of nonhue media leak mastermind reasons to upgrade Sashi for a GM with a track record of acquiring QBs (draft and Free Agency wise), building a playoff contender, with top 10 talent after being one of the worst teams in the league. It's a critical offseason and Sashi doesn't have the track record of being up to the task of roster building or having the expertise to decide on a QB.

I'm not even convinced Jimmy hated Sashi and couldn't wait to fire him for his incompetence a la Ray farmer. It was more likely (and some journalism plays this out to likely be true) that in this critical offseason it was a better bet to go with someone and their soon to be hired personnel team to capitalize on the assets that we've acquired.

I think you guys just hate Hue which of course is completely fine and has its merits.

Every other day a speculative non-evidenced opinion by MKC or Grossi gets picked up by Rotoworld, Profooballtalk or CBSspors as "leaks/fact based reporting coming from someone inside of Browns HQ."

Just this week a throwaway sentence from Grossi was picked up by CBSsports and Rotoworld that "the Browns aren't certain about bringing back Corey Coleman."

A random fan reads that and says "Oh boy...if it's reported than it must be true..." when we here know it's complete bullsh*t...

So, Why should we believe what is "reported" by these pseudo-journalists and hacks when they often "report" ridiculousness, innuendo, and things that end up being proven to be completely false almost immediately.

The conclusion that the nonbombshell Patriots article is proof of Hue's deception that 100% led to and the reason Sashi's firing is just confirmation bias.

There's so much misbelief that is fueling people's anger due to trust in the media as truth tellers.

It's funny...according to Sashi, Hue and himself along with the rest of the personnel staff were not only in the building but TOGETHER working through prospective trades and scenarios well into the evening.

According to Ben Albright, it was a coach (not Hue) and likely Wylie that said Sashi went home early. That doesn't mean it's truth.

Hue's daughter tweeted that "in order to miss out on someone you have to pick up the phone." That doesn't necessarily mean she's saying Sashi screwed up by not picking up the phone in fact she later clarified that what she meant was that "you can't miss out on something you never were in on or had a chance to get."

Most Browns rumor mill stuff is just that RUMORS put forth by websites for clicking/money purposes that served as a plausible reason for explaining why things are so bad here.

I don't like Mike Silver, but someone tell me...what has Hue ever leaked to Mike Silver? Name 1 thing Mike Silver has ever reported about the front office or conflict within the org that was a leak?

He is a ridiculous Hue fanboy admittedly and comes to his defense, but really all he's ever reported on was just that REPORTING not private leaks. This year he along with Aditi Kinkhabwala were invited to report on the inside info of our draft process. Last year, the RAMs invited Mike Silver, the chiefs invited Peter King, this year the 49ers invited Peter King.

These reporters then REPORT interesting details not privy to the pubic (i.e., that we wanted Malik Hooker at 12, that we wanted Goff at 1, that we wanted Trubisky or Mahomes, that we wanted Myles Garrett at 1). Those aren't leaks...that's called journalism.

I don't like Silver at all, but he's never really leaked anything on Hue or the Browns, but it's widely believed that he does whenever even a completely different sports site reports a rumor like CBS sports or yahoo sports somehow Browns fans in their anger think Hue told Mike Silver and Silver then told those people and blah and blah.

This year alone "leaks" were the FO and coaches had heated disencsion about Trubisky or Garrett at 1, but according to Sashi and Hue they were all Garrett all the time.

The same type of stuff came out about the Rams and Eagles. That the coaches wanted Wentz and the FO wanted Goff. These are all rumors to garner viewership for a dying sector in societey (the news reporting sector).

40 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

1. I know you're not going to read all this...lol

If you think Sashi was fired because of some mastermind media spin campaign by Hue...I'd argue youre selectively paying attention to some things that confirm previously held beliefs and disregarded other important things.

There were plenty of nonhue media leak mastermind reasons to upgrade Sashi for a GM with a track record of acquiring QBs (draft and Free Agency wise), building a playoff contender, with top 10 talent after being one of the worst teams in the league. It's a critical offseason and Sashi doesn't have the track record of being up to the task of roster building or having the expertise to decide on a QB.

If that’s what Jimmy wanted why the hell hire Sashi to begin with? Dude was far less experienced when Jimmy first thought he deserved the job than when he canned him.

I'm not even convinced Jimmy hated Sashi and couldn't wait to fire him for his incompetence a la Ray farmer. It was more likely (and some journalism plays this out to likely be true) that in this critical offseason it was a better bet to go with someone and their soon to be hired personnel team to capitalize on the assets that we've acquired.

Again, why not hire a retread from the beginning then?

I think you guys just hate Hue which of course is completely fine and has its merits.

That want always ways the case, I loved the hire and had no issue with the losses, he wasn’t put in a position to compete for the playoffs or anything.  My issue with Hue is he’s seeming decided to throw literally anyone and everyone under the bus to try to prove he’s a great coach and nobody could win with this team.  I don’t know if they would or wouldn’t, but it doesn’t take a genius to see that som elf the concepts they were running this year were asinine, almost thumbing his nose at Kizer, the FO and the fans.

According to Ben Albright, it was a coach (not Hue) and likely Wylie that said Sashi went home early. That doesn't mean it's truth.

That’s the same genius who kept pronouncing Scot McCloughan’s name as “McCloughlan” when insisting we should hire him....I digress.... who GAF if he did go home? Dude has a cell phone I’m guessing.  

It also points to Hue running a sloppy staff. Whoever was leaking should have been canned on the spot imo. I can’t imagine how fast I’d be fired if I leaked company business to a reporter...

Hue's daughter tweeted that "in order to miss out on someone you have to pick up the phone." That doesn't necessarily mean she's saying Sashi screwed up by not picking up the phone in fact she later clarified that what she meant was that "you can't miss out on something you never were in on or had a chance to get."

Is is that what she clarified??? I believe her lol.  I hope you can sense my sarcasm through this text...

Most Browns rumor mill stuff is just that RUMORS put forth by websites for clicking/money purposes that served as a plausible reason for explaining why things are so bad here.

Yes, I’m some cases, but in many cases where there’s smoke...

I don't like Mike Silver, but someone tell me...what has Hue ever leaked to Mike Silver? Name 1 thing Mike Silver has ever reported about the front office or conflict within the org that was a leak?

He is a ridiculous Hue fanboy admittedly and comes to his defense, but really all he's ever reported on was just that REPORTING not private leaks. This year he along with Aditi Kinkhabwala were invited to report on the inside info of our draft process. Last year, the RAMs invited Mike Silver, the chiefs invited Peter King, this year the 49ers invited Peter King.

These reporters then REPORT interesting details not privy to the pubic (i.e., that we wanted Malik Hooker at 12, that we wanted Goff at 1, that we wanted Trubisky or Mahomes, that we wanted Myles Garrett at 1). Those aren't leaks...that's called journalism.

I don't like Silver at all, but he's never really leaked anything on Hue or the Browns, but it's widely believed that he does whenever even a completely different sports site reports a rumor like CBS sports or yahoo sports somehow Browns fans in their anger think Hue told Mike Silver and Silver then told those people and blah and blah.

This year alone "leaks" were the FO and coaches had heated disencsion about Trubisky or Garrett at 1, but according to Sashi and Hue they were all Garrett all the time.

The same type of stuff came out about the Rams and Eagles. That the coaches wanted Wentz and the FO wanted Goff. These are all rumors to garner viewership for a dying sector in societey (the news reporting sector).

It’s not he’s leaked anything, he’s had a couple tweets that imply Hue hasn’t been given what he wanted or enough to win but his other previous “reporting” suggests Hue is just as culpable, more so perhaps, regarding his QB options. 

Silver was the guy who said Hue liked Wentz but not enough to take him at 2. Silver was the guy who said Hue wanted Hooker as opposed to Watson. Hue supposedly wanted Garrett as opposed to Trubisky. 

Hue has plenty of chances to have a different guy to coach in the QB room and HE CHOSE not to, according to Silver himself, and then Silver does a 180 acting as if poor old Hue has just had this mess thrown in his lap.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

who GAF if he did go home? Dude has a cell phone I’m guessing.  

It also points to Hue running a sloppy staff. Whoever was leaking should have been canned on the spot imo. I can’t imagine how fast I’d be fired if I leaked company business to a reporter...

True...that's a fair point. I agree...an assistant coach allegedly leaking does reflect on the HC and it is likely the reason why Wylie will be gone. IFair point that Wylie or whoever it was would've been fired on the spot... But I don't see it as necessarily it was further evidence that Hue is masterminding leaks in the media

(Silver) he’s had a couple tweets that imply Hue hasn’t been given what he wanted or enough to win

Absolutely....but does that necessarily mean Hue called him for pillow talk b*tc*hin about Sashi and for him to cue up a story.

After all, I believe Hue hasn't been given enough to win (even with his numerous mistakes)....Did Hue call me up? Coaches around the league including all of us last year thought Hue didn't have enough to win...doesn't mean Hue called us up.

Silver was the guy who said Hue liked Wentz but not enough to take him at 2. Silver was the guy who said Hue wanted Hooker as opposed to Watson. Hue supposedly wanted Garrett as opposed to Trubisky. 

Yes..And my point is these aren't leaks (I think you agree)...they're the same as Peter King being invited to report on the goings on of the 49ers draft this year and reporting "Mike Shanahan desperately wanted Joe Williams" or when Silver was invited to report on the insiders goings on of the Rams last year and reported "Rams coaches and personnel fell in love with Goff over Wentz at the rainy pro day."

Again, why not hire a retread from the beginning then? Why Hire Sashi at all?

Fair...I'm not here to defend corrupt piece of garbage Jimmy Haslam.

Maybe though B/c Sashi was disciplined enough to follow suck for Luck for 2 years and he wanted to try something different after the traditional setup before.

Not saying that was necessarily correct.

No one of Dorsey's caliber would've come here last year as well probably.

Hire Sashi because there isn't a "football guy" GM who would have executed the insanity that Sashi did. The "rebuild" needed to happen. Did it mean that we needed to let so many veteran players and key contributors leave? No. That part is a big reason Sashi is no more. Mack walked. Schwartz wasn't resigned. Pryor left after the season he had. He obviously rubbed other management groups the wrong way. If Hue did a better job coaching and we got some wins from Sashi's moves, he may still be running the team, but it didn't work out that way. 

It also doesn't help, as annoying as it is hearing about it every damn weekend, that he elected to not resign Dion Lewis, Christian Robertson, Taylor Gabriel (though he seemed to return to his Browns form this year), etc. 

Archived