We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

FGK... man it's cool to want to fire Hue and dislike him with a passion, but every time news comes out about the Browns coaching changes it shouldn't always confirm and ignite your disdain for Hue as if the changes are due to the negative things w/ the HC.

The changes were always coming given we were hiring a new OC.

When a team hires an offensive coordinator that coach like the defensive coordinator reserves the right to bring in a few of his own guys mostly and usually that signals preexisting coaches with coordinator aspirations or titles (Kirby Wilson) will be gone. In Zampese case, Hue has a long term relationship with him and has familiarity with his coaching prowess. David Lee he only knew for 1 year and who's to say how good of a job he did with Kizer. He has love for Al Saunders, but Al is 70 years old and is transitioning toward retirement.

Also, if we were going to be bring on someone new just like what Gregg Williams did in hiring his guys to coach to his defense...so were we likely to see major turnover on the Offensive side of the ball. That always meant either via Hue's decision or the OCs decision we would be seeing major Coaching turnover on the offensive side of the ball.

Except that we're not hiring an OC. The search has been radio silent for forever. Our (literally everyone except you) negative reaction is because we have an ownership that is preaching continuity and then firing every single FO after less than two years, and even when they keep the HC switching out the assistant coaches every single year. If continuity matters then more than one person has to stay from year to year. If continuity doesn't matter, then get rid of the guy who has already shown that he's not a team player (campaigning for the FO to get fired) and has shown little to no success in developing young talent or running the actual game. And honestly I'm getting tired of your condescending "actually this is all fine and you all should calm down" baloney the last few days, it's like you decided you weren't controversial enough and jumped the shark. If you want to be positive, that's fine, I usually try to as well. But not on topics where there's just no silver lining. And pimping Hue is pretty high up on that scale. 

14 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Except that we're not hiring an OC. The search has been radio silent for forever. Our (literally everyone except you) negative reaction is because we have an ownership that is preaching continuity and then firing every single FO after less than two years, and even when they keep the HC switching out the assistant coaches every single year. If continuity matters then more than one person has to stay from year to year. If continuity doesn't matter, then get rid of the guy who has already shown that he's not a team player (campaigning for the FO to get fired) and has shown little to no success in developing young talent or running the actual game.

I'm not negatively reacting just yet b/c I know how the hiring/firing process works and the fact that it's Friday and we just interviewed Sean Ryan on Wednesday. He is the only OC candidate that we heard in the media. We heard about him earlier but he literally is probably just finishing up the interview process.

Those interviews take 2 days minimum to assess fit and talk through/test drive collaborate an offense conceptually.

Then, said candidate even if they accept on the spot has their agent push for contractual commitments. At minimum the process from interview to hire is 3-5 days typically unless the HC and hired coach have a relationship that goes back many years (even then it takes time...Zampese was interviewed on Monday and wasn't hired/announced until Friday.)

It's been less than 48 hours my man. Give it time.

We were always going to interview multiple candidates (3-4 as has been reported without the publicization of their names).

Those interviews will also last multiple days.

That means if we interview only 2 or 3 more candidates...the process will drag on for another week or so unless the first OC interview is our main target.

Radio silence isn't proof of incompetence yet (although you have good reason to assume incompetence is coming due to past incompetence).

I'm just saying the interviews just happened and we have to wait and see what happens.

Ryan was interviewed on Wednesday...it stands to reason his hiring/announcement would take a similar amount of time.

That's not factoring in if other candidates are also interviewing and if Ryan needs time to think it over, his agent is pushing for contractual commitments, or Ryan has interviews elsewhere.

The argument can be made that none of our coaches deserved to be brought back, so it's not hurting my feelings that all these guys are being fired. Hue should be tossed along with them, but it's not happening. As far as the David Lee hot topic, it's great that he identified Kizer as not being ready, but he was our QB coach, and his not was to make the quarterbacks on the team better. Kizer for the most part regressed, outside of game 16 and 1/2 of the Green Bay game. Kessler completely regressed from 2016, and Hogan didn't get any better. It's possible he got dealt a bad hand, but he needed to do a better job getting that group to improve, and a big factor in us going winless was bad QB play. 

8 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

The argument can be made that none of our coaches deserved to be brought back, so it's not hurting my feelings that all these guys are being fired. Hue should be tossed along with them, but it's not happening. As far as the David Lee hot topic, it's great that he identified Kizer as not being ready, but he was our QB coach, and his not was to make the quarterbacks on the team better. Kizer for the most part regressed, outside of game 16 and 1/2 of the Green Bay game. Kessler completely regressed from 2016, and Hogan didn't get any better. It's possible he got dealt a bad hand, but he needed to do a better job getting that group to improve, and a big factor in us going winless was bad QB play. 

How does an coach do this when the OC/HC isn’t paying attention to him and putting him in terrible positions on a weekly basis?

Lee didn’t call the games, nor did he refuse to try to make the game easier for his qb’s all season by tailoring an offense to their skills.

There are plenty of things I won’t blame on Hue, but the success/failure of Kizer is definitely one thing his azz owns.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How does an coach do this when the OC/HC isn’t paying attention to him and putting him in terrible positions on a weekly basis?

Lee didn’t call the games, nor did he refuse to try to make the game easier for his qb’s all season by tailoring an offense to their skills.

There are plenty of things I won’t blame on Hue, but the success/failure of Kizer is definitely one thing his azz owns.

Yep.  Kizer was like a lost puppy out there.  To me, he showed he has the skills to be a decent NFL QB.  He also looked like he was poorly coached.  It was strange.  I can't remember the last time I watched ANY player play and thought "he just looks like he is poorly coached, he should be doing much better and shouldn't be doing many of the things he is being asked to do". 

I don't care who Hue thought gave us the best chance to win, Kizer never should have seen the field unless he was our only healthy QB.  And, when he did see the field, there should have been about 15 passes call per game.  Not 40

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

Yep.  Kizer was like a lost puppy out there.  To me, he showed he has the skills to be a decent NFL QB.  He also looked like he was poorly coached.  It was strange.  I can't remember the last time I watched ANY player play and thought "he just looks like he is poorly coached, he should be doing much better and shouldn't be doing many of the things he is being asked to do". 

I don't care who Hue thought gave us the best chance to win, Kizer never should have seen the field unless he was our only healthy QB.  And, when he did see the field, there should have been about 15 passes call per game.  Not 40

????????????????????

Archived