Dolphins CB Jalen Ramsey out most of season with meniscus injury

RaidersAreOne

The timeline is a bit weird because if he got a repair without reconstruction (often called a trim) he’ll play week 1 - usual timeline is 2-4 weeks.  Full repair is 8-10 weeks.  Trim surgery comes with long term arthritis, and isnt an option if he has a buckle tear.   

My guess from the report is that he has a bucket tear or there’s another injury (not ACL) - so full repair with reconstruction on the way.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The timeline is a bit weird because if he got a repair without reconstruction (often called a trim”.  he’ll play week 1.   Full repair is 8-10 weeks.  Trim surgery comes with long term arthritis, and isnt an option if he has a buckle tear.   

My guess from the report is that he has a buckle tear or there’s another injury (not ACL) - so full repair with reconstruction on the way.   

Yeah I am guessing the tweet is saying he is going to miss 6-8 weeks of the season cause that is the only way to read it that really makes sense if it is really a full repair.

23 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah I am guessing the tweet is saying he is going to miss 6-8 weeks of the season cause that is the only way to read it that really makes sense if it is really a full repair.

Theyre saying 6-8 weeks from now, not 6-8 weeks of the regular season. As week 1 is roughly 6 weeks away and assuming this prognosis holds true he'll miss 1-3 regular season games. If he really does miss the full maximum 10 weeks of a full repair as stated, that would still only translate to 5 regular season games.

The fact that his ACL was fine is a blessing; best case scenario.