Dolphins CB Jalen Ramsey out most of season with meniscus injury

RaidersAreOne

I'll never understand why veteran players like Ramsey take training camp seriously at all. The risk is too high for something that is essentially meaningless to a 7 year vet who's already proven he can play at an elite level.

What's he going to forget how to back pedal? Just stay in shape and make it to the season healthy.

The guy has been been playing football for over 20 years at this point, I doubt missing half a dozen practices in July is going to diminish his abilities.

9 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'll never understand why veteran players like Ramsey take training camp seriously at all. The risk is too high for something that is essentially meaningless to a 7 year vet who's already proven he can play at an elite level.

What's he going to forget how to back pedal? Just stay in shape and make it to the season healthy.

The guy has been been playing football for over 20 years at this point, I doubt missing half a dozen practices in July is going to diminish his abilities.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If you practice and get hurt, it's "why were you practicing?". If you don't practice and get hurt at the start of the season, it's "why didn't you practice?"

• Like 6

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If you practice and get hurt, it's "why were you practicing?". If you don't practice and get hurt at the start of the season, it's "why didn't you practice?"

True, but he's got his money and roster spot set regardless. I'd rather get injured during the season when your actually playing for something instead of in training camp.