Countdown to Opening Week and Preseason Preview

LLcheesehead12

It is almost here ... Family night this Saturday at Lambeau which for me always is when I feel the Packers season has unofficially begun.  And then after that, 6 Sundays from now and the Love era begins in Chicago!

Very different feeling going into this.  This time I'm betting most of our projected starters will be playing a little more in preseason than we've been used to seeing.

But anyway I'm already getting in the mood because the hall of fame game is tonight and after 6 months ... I'm ready for some football!!

Whatcha making for Family Night Festivities at your house?

I'll be north, so I'm going to try to convince my wife into letting me smoke some wings, then I want to grill them up on low heat.  Throw a little BW3's spicy garlic on those bad boys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Just a few more days until my annual tradition of wondering why I am watching Family Night

I already might find myself wondering the same thing tonight with this HOF game, but what can I say?  So far seen Rodgers in his new green and a grayer beard, Lazard interview, and Z Smith in his new brown garb.

Tell ya, that's something for a former Packers sideline gathering

15 hours ago, Tperk said:

Interesting looking stuff.  I've tried nashville hot chicken sandwiches, didn't care much for the seasoning on there.  The chili lime has me very interested.  I bookmarked the website, probably will order later, so THANK YOU!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Interesting looking stuff.  I've tried nashville hot chicken sandwiches, didn't care much for the seasoning on there.  The chili lime has me very interested.  I bookmarked the website, probably will order later, so THANK YOU!

I order a good amount of my BBQ seasonings from Kosmos. Dirty Bird Hot goes on all chicken that I cook. Use his injections as well. You wont be disappointed if you order.

On 8/3/2023 at 4:32 PM, vegas492 said:

Whatcha making for Family Night Festivities at your house?

I'll be north, so I'm going to try to convince my wife into letting me smoke some wings, then I want to grill them up on low heat.  Throw a little BW3's spicy garlic on those bad boys.

My son's favorite wing sauce. 

On 8/3/2023 at 3:26 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Just a few more days until my annual tradition of wondering why I am watching Family Night

If I was in a broadcast area, I’m sure I would do it out of pure starvation. I once turned on the GB charity softball game because it was streaming. Funny enough, Mark Murphy said they won’t stream family night for competitive reasons, they don’t want to give teams any scouting material. I thought that was pretty funny since it will be broadcast on tv and I’m pretty sure the billion dollar organizations could find a guy with DVR. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

If I was in a broadcast area, I’m sure I would do it out of pure starvation. I once turned on the GB charity softball game because it was streaming. Funny enough, Mark Murphy said they won’t stream family night for competitive reasons, they don’t want to give teams any scouting material. I thought that was pretty funny since it will be broadcast on tv and I’m pretty sure the billion dollar organizations could find a guy with DVR. 

Yeah, it's stupid.  Why deprive the fans of seeing their team?  You can't keep anything hidden in this day and age.  

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, it's stupid.  Why deprive the fans of seeing their team?  You can't keep anything hidden in this day and age.  

Or at least be consistent.  I feel like yeah, if you're going to pull the stream, you might as well not put it on the Packers TV network affiliates because one of the channels I saw it airing on was a CBS affiliate out in Iowa.  And it's not hard to watch that channel either because all you need a Paramount+ account and a location spoofing app on a smartphone or tablet and voila!

But beyond that, is Matt LaFleur really actually going to be running any offensive plays we haven't seen yet tonight?  I very much doubt it, and I doubt Barry will be running anything other than a basic preseason style defense.