Do you feel bad for Yankees fans?

Championshiporbust

I'm a Yankees fan I don't feel bad for us lol. I've literally never experienced a Yankees losing season in my entire life. That's insane sports privilege.

We were very due for this. With massive hubris and a big head comes an inevitable crash. Took us a long time to get to this crash, but we were due. You can only hope Steinbrenner has the same "come to jesus" moment John Mara had where he understands he needs a big shakeup to save his team.

Growing up I had a similar streak with the Red Wings and its been tough since.  But the Yankees have had such a run and so much history that there is zero chance anyone will ever feel bad for them.  They will always be the evil empire and I will root for them to lose every year.  

Side note, its nice seeing the O's and Jays having success in a tough division again.  The Rays somehow always seem to be competitive with their insane ability to find talent in the draft and international signings but I still root for them since they have done what the Pirates and A's aspire to be.  Its easier to let your stars go when you keep winning.  I have always had a soft spot for teams who draft or trade for talent, develop it and win from home grown talent primarily.  Which also is a reason I always hate the Yankees. 

On 8/17/2023 at 12:48 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Growing up I had a similar streak with the Red Wings and its been tough since.  But the Yankees have had such a run and so much history that there is zero chance anyone will ever feel bad for them.  They will always be the evil empire and I will root for them to lose every year.  

Side note, its nice seeing the O's and Jays having success in a tough division again.  The Rays somehow always seem to be competitive with their insane ability to find talent in the draft and international signings but I still root for them since they have done what the Pirates and A's aspire to be.  Its easier to let your stars go when you keep winning.  I have always had a soft spot for teams who draft or trade for talent, develop it and win from home grown talent primarily.  Which also is a reason I always hate the Yankees. 

Weird, when the Yankees were that “evil empire” it was off of home grown talent.

Once they stopped being able to draft, and develop their own guys is when they stopped winning championships 

On 8/23/2023 at 4:21 PM, DirtyDez said:

If you told someone back in 2003 that the Yankees would only make 1 WS in the next 20 years they would’ve thought the league folded. 

Right when i was getting old enough to be a fan!

I change my answer. Feel bad for us for having to watch this atrocity of a front office attempt to run one of if not the most profitable franchises in American sports.

Trading for Stanton is what ruined them. Taking on that contract was just just beyond stupid. Machado, Harper, etc, becoming free agents and they went and traded for Stanton. Just brutal