Week 1 Games

Leader

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kadarius Toney needs to be unemployed by tomorrow.

He should be, but on the other hand if he is I'm legit worried about Gute signing him.  Yeah I know that sounds crazy but he's fit the same awful profile that Jimon Moore, ESB and AmRod had, so I say if the Chiefs keep him then good, he won't be here.

I feel a lot better after watching this game. I think Love can be just as good as Goff or better. He doesn't have to be prime Rodgers for us to win a lot of games. 

Love has the same things Goff has to succeed. Good OL, Good running game, good defense. He just needs to gel with his young receivers. If he can play clean mistake free football like Goff played tonight, we should be in every game.

• Like 3

Pat Mahomes is the GOAT in my opinion. He did what no other QB could do, but still… That is not sustainable.

Everyone just saying, “He Haz No wEaponZ!”

No crap. Do they think Kelce is going to never age?

The rest of his career he is going to have no weapons, no line or no defense. 

The question is are the Lions that good, or did the Chiefs take a major step back this year. Pretty easy to say yes to the Chiefs without Kelcey or Jones on the field. Can they make up for what we saw last night though? 

Week 1 overreactions are the best. 

Edited by Old Guy

8 hours ago, St Vince said:

I feel a lot better after watching this game. I think Love can be just as good as Goff or better. He doesn't have to be prime Rodgers for us to win a lot of games. 

Love has the same things Goff has to succeed. Good OL, Good running game, good defense. He just needs to gel with his young receivers. If he can play clean mistake free football like Goff played tonight, we should be in every game.

I think you’re exactly right in the comparison. We only lack kneecap biting.

I don’t like the WWE style of the Lions coach, but, were it not for Mike McDaniel, MLF would be the NFL coach most likely to wear a pastel cardigan draped over his shoulders. 

44 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Lions defense looks good. And Gibbs is going to give us fits. I hope Jameson doesn't figure it out because they have everything on offense. 

St. Brown, La porta, Gibbs and a fully healthy Jameson is a lot to handle.

The Lions draft class looks a lot better this morning than back in April. All their top picks had an impact in that game.

A lot of people including myself was very critical of their draft, thought drafting Gibbs over Carter was dumb, thought Campbell was a reach where they took him and I wasn't that high on Branch.

Looks like the Lions got it right, that team is loaded with playmakers on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Chefs have looked bad early in the season before and figured things out.  Given the overall circumstances, this DET win isn't as shocking as the media wants it to be.

right, just like us so often, the Chiefs came out strong then miscues took over, and Toney topped the list with 2 drops, both ended drives one for a TD, 5 drops and 4 ended drives and put the offense on the bench, meanwhile the KC defense gave up 120 rushing yrds.

not to take anything away from a great game from Detroit, but KC beat themselves

15 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The Lions draft class looks a lot better this morning than back in April. All their top picks had an impact in that game.

A lot of people including myself was very critical of their draft, thought drafting Gibbs over Carter was dumb, thought Campbell was a reach where they took him and I wasn't that high on Branch.

Looks like the Lions got it right, that team is loaded with playmakers on both sides of the ball.

It’s just one game but they had a solid debut for the rookies. Glad Branch is OK after going down. Lions are going to be a problem but they should be after accumulating so many top 10 picks for literally decades. This year their guys might look good but whether they made the right decision will remain to be seen for a few years. Mainly, they invested in their Oline and got a coach who truly brought a culture change, they will be a physical matchup for everyone so the NFCN better follow suit.