Jets 2017 Training Camp Thread

NewAge

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

After firing Idzik on a short term, the organization doesn't want a bad rep with real potential GMs that have options.  They are not going to fire him and now he can make it seem that this was a part of his game plan to rebuild this offseason. He didn't get much of a choice for the coach because we started searching for a HC before we hired him. By the time he came on, we were down to 3 options.  With all this, along with having some pretty good options at QB in the draft class, he has covered himself.

_________

I'm really surprised by how many fans are mad on here after a lot of people spent all last season saying how we should blow up the roster and rebuild. Some of yall wanted to cut everyone over 30. This is what it looks like.

That is a great point Ricky, Decker is a perfect example of that Decker just turn thirty and is still a outstanding receiver and we cut him, huge mistake. Just because a player is young that doesn't make him a star. Look at the mess we have at the center position.

It's a pretty simple approach yet one that needed to be taken.  Figure out who is going to be helping the Jets in 2018, 2019 and beyond.  Decker wasn't on that list and neither was Harris etc.

The idea is to be as young as possible so we can figure out a handful of position guys and see if they are the future or just a depth guy.  We need to find that next gem who comes of out nowhere to lock up a position.

We are going to suck and it's not the first time we've gone into a season knowing we would.  Anyone who thought we were making the playoffs last year was crazy.  We couldn't do it 2 years ago when everything went right but now we were going to take a team of aging vets and improve against a impossible schedule.  It's just not going to happen but there were people who wanted to go for it again instead of blowing it up.  We should have traded everyone away then and maybe we have Trubisky (who is flashing early on) instead of missing out on him and settling for a far less important position S. 

Embrace the tank for once and hope we land the #1 pick.  We haven't had one since Keyshawn and with the chance that a difference maker at QB could be there that should be the only goal.  

At least we'll now know come 2018 the direction of this team and can start building them up instead of being propped up by aging Vets not good enough to get to the playoffs while continuing to underachieve.  If you can even call last year that.  I call it a reality check.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

At this point it's #1 pick or bust. Everyone knows it. I just hope Buffalo or Jax doesn't ruin that. Well see how Hack plays against the Giants but if he picks up where he left off next week I would play him all year just to secure the first pick.. lol

I know the Hack comment is half jest but I think we want him to win the job or have McCown play and get injured so the rest of the team feels like he is the best option. The worst thing we can do is have the rest of the team give up and we can't figure out who is worth keeping beyond this season.

The greatest thing that could ever happen is Hack being a Franchise QB so we could have high picks and the cap space to build around him and be ready sooner than later. This isn't really a great situation for him. He went from barely getting practice reps last season to getting the most and facing a do or die season. He will have to learn a lot with learning a new system. Rushing attack doesn't look good so far and Enunwa's injury was huge. All of this under a first time OC. So my confidence is really low right now. 

We don't need the #1 pick in the draft. Look around the league, all the top QBs weren't drafted as the #1 pick. Carr, Rodgers, Big Ben, Rivers, Brees, Ryan, Flacco, Dalton, Dak, Brady, Wilson, Cousins, Mariota and probably more. If this up coming class stick to it's hype, we'll get our guy, just need to do a better job of scouting. We'll end up with a good pick because of how crazy our schedule is. I want us to compete but still stay in range for a good QB. A team that looks like it's heading in the right direction is more appealing to free agents and improves the culture the new QB will come into. With what's going on, I would be cool with 3-4 wins as well as some close games with good teams.

17 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I know the Hack comment is half jest but I think we want him to win the job or have McCown play and get injured so the rest of the team feels like he is the best option. The worst thing we can do is have the rest of the team give up and we can't figure out who is worth keeping beyond this season.

That is a very interesting point, that could very well happen. Nice post.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, rickyt31 said:

We just have to hope for who ever we pick at QB becomes great. If we trade Richardson and end up with 4 picks in the top 3 rounds, not a bad position to be in. Next year's class looks pretty good for QBs, RB, and LT's.

Richardson was the best defensive player on the field last night, why would you want to trade him for a later round pick. Macc, would just give the pick away for nothing like this year with the extra third round pick we had. This current Jet team is the worst team in their history, their is no question the Jets are tanking on purpose, it will be much easier to move the team to London.  Less people will care if we stay lousy. The NFL would love to get a team in London.  It is only a matter of time before Radio , TV, Press, season ticket holders are all over this Pathetic organization. 

Jets are going to need a completely new regime once again. Mike Macagnen is a terrible general manager. His drafts have sucked, his contracts suck, his trades not only suck they make no sense either. I dont trust this guy to make another pick. Hes lucky Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams fell in his lap because other than that it doesnt look good. Darron Lee is young but hes looked pretty terrible too.

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jets are going to need a completely new regime once again. Mike Macagnen is a terrible general manager. His drafts have sucked, his contracts suck, his trades not only suck they make no sense either. I dont trust this guy to make another pick. Hes lucky Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams fell in his lap because other than that it doesnt look good. Darron Lee is young but hes looked pretty terrible too.

Yeah I am running out of patience. We'll see at the end of the year but there should be more than just a small handful of good picks/players. 

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

So McDougle looked pretty good most of training camp therefore let's trade him

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000835522/article/eagles-acquire-dexter-mcdougle-trade-brooks-to-jets

It's the same with Brooks for us.

He was making plays every day in training camp according to the beat writers then he played well in preseason. Most thought he would make the roster.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Thank god someone on this board agrees with me. I have seen it all from our very first game at Shea with **** Wood at QB, thru the great Joe Namath era till this training camp. How could a 70 year old X Marine get upset about a football team like I am right now.  Guys we just need a change in the Front Office. 

Archived