Who Gets #1 Seed in NFC?

footbull3196

Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?

• Philadelphia (10-2)
    • Minnesota (10-2)
    • New Orleans (9-3)
    • LA Rams (9-3)
    • Seattle (8-4)

20 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Hot take of the day #1 - I know they won't get the #1 seed, but Carolina is going to be in the NFCCG. Don't know who they're playing or how they get there, but they're in.

Hot take of the day #2 - None of this matters. None of these teams can beat New England (unless Brady suffers a significant/season ending injury). A 75% Brady with his defense and his targets run through the top 5 in the NFC.

Hot take of the day #3 - None of this matters. None of these teams can beat Pittsburgh (unless Pitt loses one of the big three on offense). Minnesota might give Pittsburgh fits, but that's about it. 

Hot take of the day #4 - Minny and Carolina would put up a pretty good fight vs Jacksonville, and might win. Eagles with Wentz would win outright. Rams would lose, Saints would lose.

Summation - the field is wide open in the NFC, but the top 2 in the AFC are still better. Jacksonville is also a tough out for half of that top field in the NFC. 

We already beat the Jaguars in a game we controlled from start to finish. I also do not fear the Steelers. I do fear the Patriots.

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We already beat the Jaguars in a game we controlled from start to finish. I also do not fear the Steelers. I do fear the Patriots.

You're making me defend Jacksonville, @jrry32. I am not happy with that. 

The Jags game was a game that turned on two big ST plays - the return by Cooper and the blocked punt. Both defenses held their ground against the strengths of each offense. I can't see 14 points on ST in any rubber match.

On a neutral field (perhaps in Minnesota) I take the Jags if I'm a gambling man. 

And that makes me sad.

43 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Hot take of the day #1 - I know they won't get the #1 seed, but Carolina is going to be in the NFCCG. Don't know who they're playing or how they get there, but they're in.

Hot take of the day #2 - None of this matters. None of these teams can beat New England (unless Brady suffers a significant/season ending injury). A 75% Brady with his defense and his targets run through the top 5 in the NFC.

Hot take of the day #3 - None of this matters. None of these teams can beat Pittsburgh (unless Pitt loses one of the big three on offense). Minnesota might give Pittsburgh fits, but that's about it. 

Hot take of the day #4 - Minny and Carolina would put up a pretty good fight vs Jacksonville, and might win. Eagles with Wentz would win outright. Rams would lose, Saints would lose.

Summation - the field is wide open in the NFC, but the top 2 in the AFC are still better. Jacksonville is also a tough out for half of that top field in the NFC. 

Baltimore just took pittsburgh to the brink. they squeaked out wins against the rodgers less packers and the colts. they lost to the bears. Why should anyone be afraid of them? Theyve had a pretty soft schedule, i think any of the top 6 in the NFC would give them a good fight.

48 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

As long as they don't have to play New Orleans again, I could see that. Saints seem to have their number right now, last thing they want is New Orleans in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

As long as they don't have to play New Orleans again, I could see that. Saints seem to have their number right now, last thing they want is New Orleans in the playoffs.

I want Carolina again in Minnesota and I want the Vikings to wipe that stupid smile off Cam's face.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Baltimore just took pittsburgh to the brink. they squeaked out wins against the rodgers less packers and the colts. they lost to the bears. Why should anyone be afraid of them? Theyve had a pretty soft schedule, i think any of the top 6 in the NFC would give them a good fight.

That was an odd one, and I did expect people to question this - given the past experience and the weapons at their disposal, Pittsburgh is a team that is simply finding ways to win.

When you squeak out wins like that - in consecutive fashion, by hanging up a ton of points in the 4th - you can't assume it's not part of that teams DNA.

Better stated - Pittsburgh knows how to close games late. They don't flinch, no matter who they're playing. If you're playing them you better be up by 20+ going into the 4th, or they'll find a way. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

That was an odd one, and I did expect people to question this - given the past experience and the weapons at their disposal, Pittsburgh is a team that is simply finding ways to win.

When you squeak out wins like that - in consecutive fashion, by hanging up a ton of points in the 4th - you can't assume it's not part of that teams DNA.

Better stated - Pittsburgh knows how to close games late. They don't flinch, no matter who they're playing. If you're playing them you better be up by 20+ going into the 4th, or they'll find a way. 

thats kind of like detroit last year, they always found a way to be in it until the very end... until they didnt. Granted pitt has two elite weapons that detroit didnt but that offense was still pretty scary. eventually that luck is going to run out if they continue to play games like this

59 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

HT#1:- The Panthers have been dismissed by the Saints in both Wk #3 and Wk 12. Drew Brees has his way with their zone heavy defence so far this year. Olsen would need to play as if Lattimore is back he can limit Funchess's productivity significantly, they're no shoo-in for the NFC-CG if they have to face them. I'd favour the Rams over the Panthers also.

HT#2:- The Panthers already beat New England this year, whilst the Vikings have the defence to slow down Brady whilst the Rams have the defence to somewhat slow the Pats roll but more importantly an offence that can keep up with them as shown already this year. I would rate New England in a tier of their own above every other team now Wentz is down though.

HT#3:- Pittsburgh is not a tier above any of the Top 4 current seeds in the NFC bar the Eagles minus Wentz. Could see the Saints, Rams and Vikings all beat Pitt especially on a neutral field. I don't see how late heroics are better than blowing teams out. The Steelers I'd rank on the same level as the aforementioned teams.

HT#4:- Blake Bortles is still QB-ing the Jaguars, and the Rams, Saints and Viking do not have pathetic lines the Seahawks have. The Jags D is legit, but I think the above three can hit 17-20pts, which might be all you need against the Jags [have to see their scoring breakdown minus defensive/special teams TD's]

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

thats kind of like detroit last year, they always found a way to be in it until the very end... until they didnt. Granted pitt has two elite weapons that detroit didnt but that offense was still pretty scary. eventually that luck is going to run out if they continue to play games like this

I don't think it will (unless it's New England). I think the last two seasons have taught me that those who have a track record of executing late will end up winning. Yeah, Detroit had their run last season, but Pitt has been doing this since Ben found Santonio Holmes in the back of the end zone vs Arizona.

Experience like that is proving to be invaluable.

8 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

HT#1:- The Panthers have been dismissed by the Saints in both Wk #3 and Wk 12. Drew Brees has his way with their zone heavy defence so far this year. Olsen would need to play as if Lattimore is back he can limit Funchess's productivity significantly, they're no shoo-in for the NFC-CG if they have to face them. I'd favour the Rams over the Panthers also.

18 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

My Panthers take is admittedly a gut instinct moreso than anything. Not really going to fight it as fact.

10 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

HT#2:- The Panthers already beat New England this year, whilst the Vikings have the defence to slow down Brady whilst the Rams have the defence to somewhat slow the Pats roll but more importantly an offence that can keep up with them as shown already this year. I would rate New England in a tier of their own above every other team now Wentz is down though.

Beating New England in the early weeks is a story to tell, but all it does is make them angrier. New England doesn't turn on the heat until later in the season, and betting against them in any capacity is a sure fire way to lose money. 

Last year, Atlanta had all of the components to beat New England. They did as well, for 2.5 quarters. Much like Pittsburgh, New England has that "closer" gene that very few can overcome.

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Cherry picking the 3rd game of a difficult road stint... I'm not saying you throw it out, but considering Jonathan Stewart got most of his yards on one of his first carries, the Vikings held the run game in check the rest of the game.

The Eagles will probably get the #1 seed, but I'd be shocked if they won more than one playoff game without Wentz.

I didn't say the Vikings don't have a good team or good defense, but everybody wants to crown them the #1 seed and they have just as many question marks as the Eagles. 

The Eagles have a very good balance team. We can run the ball on anybody, and we can stop the run. We have a chance just like any other team in the NFC.

55 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You're making me defend Jacksonville, @jrry32. I am not happy with that. 

The Jags game was a game that turned on two big ST plays - the return by Cooper and the blocked punt. Both defenses held their ground against the strengths of each offense. I can't see 14 points on ST in any rubber match.

On a neutral field (perhaps in Minnesota) I take the Jags if I'm a gambling man. 

And that makes me sad.

The Jaguars have a bad STs group. We are the NFL's best in that area. It's not a surprise we have a sizable advantage there. Further, we played that game based on the hand we were given. We jumped out to a lead due to our STs and played it safe against their defense betting that Bortles couldn't lead them back. You also conveniently overlooked the fact that we played them in Jacksonville. I'm not sure how you can take them on a neutral field when we beat them on their home field.

I like the Jaguars, but the Rams are the better all around team.

27 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I didn't say the Vikings don't have a good team or good defense, but everybody wants to crown them the #1 seed and they have just as many question marks as the Eagles. 

The Eagles have a very good balance team. We can run the ball on anybody, and we can stop the run. We have a chance just like any other team in the NFC.

You'll need a miracle from Foles to compete with Minnesota.

Archived