Who Gets #1 Seed in NFC?

footbull3196

Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?

• Philadelphia (10-2)
    • Minnesota (10-2)
    • New Orleans (9-3)
    • LA Rams (9-3)
    • Seattle (8-4)

The No. 1 seed in the NFC is all but out for New Orleans: A win over Atlanta on Thursday night would have put the Saints in truly commanding position to win the NFC South, considering they have already swept the Carolina Panthers. The Saints could have started to set their sights on home-field advantage in the NFC or a playoff bye. That's going to be a lot more difficult now with four losses, two more than the Vikings and Eagles. A head-to-head loss to the Rams also could hurt the Saints in seeding.

Even if the Saints do still win the division, it's likely now they will be playing on Wild Card Weekend.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000889557/article/saints-loss-to-falcons-disrupts-nfc-playoff-picture

Minny has the schedule to finish strong, so I suspect, they will have home field for the playoffs and if Keenum continues to play well, they may go all the way to the SB, although it will be a very tough road. A lot of very equal teams to face along the way to the SB, but they will likely win the NFC for the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

I see it happening for them. Eagles will finish 13-3 or 12-4. 

Man, I'd love to see the Vikings finally win the SB and get it with a low-rated QB that I've always rooted for in Keenum (Texas-raised boy like Brees and Stafford).

4 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Man, I'd love to see the Vikings finally win the SB and get it with a low-rated QB that I've always rooted for in Keenum (Texas-raised boy like Brees and Stafford).

I just want to see one Super Bowl win. Then the Vikings can go 0-whatever for the next few years.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:17 AM, jrry32 said:

Seattle has not been an impressive team this year, even when they had Sherman and Chancellor. They're neither winning the division nor getting the #1 seed. Book it.

Not even that impressive against the Eagles either outside of Russel Wilson.  We shot ourselves in the foot several times. Their front 7 is still solid which will keep them competitive in most games, but I'm not sold we'll get that type of performance out of Wilson regularly. 

On 12/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, BayRaider said:

Nah I've been saying for weeks don't rule Seattle out and picked them against Philly. Seattle wins their division and I wouldn't be shocked if they obtained the #1 seed.

Seattle only has a 1.5% chance of even getting a first round bye , what would ever make you think they could get the #1 seed?  That's virtually impossible.  

16 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

The 1998 Vikings would have dethroned the '98 Broncos. 

No, they probably would not have, as the Vikings were so beat up with injuries in the Falcons' game, that they likely wouldn't have been much competition for the Broncos either.  

It's the Vikings to lose. They have a joke of a schedule remaining, especially if Rodgers isn't back. Have a hard time seeing Philly going 4-0 to close, and I can't see more than 1 loss for the Vikings, who hold the tiebreak already. A loss for Philly to the Rams or Cowboys, and a loss from the Vikings to the Panthers or Packers, would keep the NFC losses the same. 

Archived