2023 College Football Thread

Norm

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Michigan is not really one of the best four teams in the country. Whoever plays them is going to curb stomp them in the semi-finals. 

Also, Florida State should get in if they win. It's doubtful they will with this freshman quarterback. Texas beat Alabama by 10 in Tuscaloosa. SEC or not, that should disqualify Alabama over an unbeaten (maybe) Florida State. 

Did you miss the part about AT THE MOMENT?

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Did you miss the part about AT THE MOMENT?

Shouldn't matter. Undefeated major conference champion. You have three of those so that should be 3 bids. The 4th should go to Texas because they beat Alabama. 

I'm fairly certain if FSU holds onto win they are going to get screwed. 

Can everybody put down the crack pipe regarding Alabama dominating in recent weeks?

They were gifted a 3 point win against a garbage Auburn team 2 weeks ago.

An Auburn team that the week previously got their *** kicked by NEW MEXICO STATE!!!!!

Auburn and FSU have a common opponent. FSU beat LSU by 7 points more than Bama. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

People keep conveniently leaving this part out. That defense is unreal.

Unfortunately, you still have to score points to win a game.  Florida State had 219 yards of total offense.  A third of those yards were gained on a single play.  Outside of that play, Florida State averaged 2.1 yards per play outside of that.  They had 7 three-and-outs.  That offense was beyond inept.

On 12/1/2023 at 7:35 AM, Mazrimiv said:

I want to see an Alabama win over Georgia while the other top teams all win just to see what the selection committee does.

Sometimes wishes really do come true.  I'm genuinely curious to see how this plays out.

This season is a nice reminder of why the playoffs needed to be expanded.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Unfortunately, you still have to score points to win a game.  Florida State had 219 yards of total offense.  A third of those yards were gained on a single play.  Outside of that play, Florida State averaged 2.1 yards per play outside of that.  They had 7 three-and-outs.  That offense was beyond inept.

They had their 3rd string QB in. They'll have their backup back for the playoffs. 

• Like 2

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

They had their 3rd string QB in. They'll have their backup back for the playoffs. 

Yeah, I'm not getting why anyone is using last night's game as a reason why FSU would be left out.  The freshman QB won't be starting the CFP game.

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Would the playoffs be better with five teams qualifying, with an extra game between the two weakest teams to get in, leaving the winner to take the fourth spot. 

I don't see fixing much of anything.  The debates would just shift to who should be #5 rather than #4