2024 Draft

Ftn49

14 hours ago, StevenK said:

Depending on how the board plays out, I wouldn’t mind 

I like Baker in that 4th round range a lot. He lacks true top end, rip the roof off speed, but he's still very effective down field. 

Love that he had big games against big competition. When you play for UCF and have your biggest games against OU, OKST, you have my attention

Going to be overly reliant on craftiness in his routes, changing tempos and whatnot, but I also think there may be some upside in his intermediate game

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, adamq said:

I've been looking at Tracy since you took him in the mock @forge and this kid could turn into a nice player.

Severely underutilized by an incompetent Iowa offensive staff, you have to wonder what he could have done in college if not stuck in Iowa City for 4 years. Very small sample size at running back but he could carve out a role as a pretty versatile weapon

MTF-x-YACO-2024.png

Screenshot-20240329-125927.jpg

9.59 RAS as a WR fwiw

Big Tracy fan. Top 5 RB in this class for me. 

He does gas out a little and lacks some long speed (he'll get caught from behind), but his start and stop, quick feet in a box is really nice. Understands when and how to move to force missed tackles. And I can see him adjusting to the position. As expected, he can be a little upright, however there are plays, most notably short yardage, where you can see him get small to get through some crevices, so he's learning. Doesn't bounce as much outside as you think he'd would. Seems fine carrying the ball between the tackles. 

Needs some work in pass pro, of course. He's willing but some of the efforts are kind of blah and he's not  super aggressive. 

• Like 2

With the Jets now getting a pass rusher, it feels like it’s all or nothing for next year. Wonder if they go Bowers TE or Romeo if he’s still there instead of Oline. 

I just want to see some of these Oline prospects fall to a comfy spot where we could trade up! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

pff-mock-results.png

Thats almost the ultimate best case scenario draft. 

Only pick i don't like is Travis but at that point also won't have too strong of a negative opinion about it.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

pff-mock-results.png

Pardon my ignorance but what position is ED?  are we drafting sexually frustrated individuals now?  

But honestly, the most I know about the draft is what you guys type, who is that  dude?

7 minutes ago, burlow said:

Pardon my ignorance but what position is ED?  are we drafting sexually frustrated individuals now?  

But honestly, the most I know about the draft is what you guys type, who is that  dude?

ED is edge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Man, we haven't really scheduled a top 30 with anyone who is a likely first round pick. 

I heard someone, maybe DJ or Brugler who suggested the kneeland may sneak in, but I'm not buying that

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, we haven't really scheduled a top 30 with anyone who is a likely first round pick. 

I heard someone, maybe DJ or Brugler who suggested the kneeland may sneak in, but I'm not buying that

I have to wonder if our first round pick is in play for something bigger.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

They do tend to play the first rounders closer to the vest? No McGlichey, yes Aiyuk but no clear first round guys outside of Ceedee Lamb that year. There’s so little data given the Lance + trade and Solomon Thomas being in Lynch’s grad school class and and Bosa being Bosa lol. The other picks though, you can bet hard on visitors being major draft board guys.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Forge said:

They probably forgot they have a first round pick. It's been so long. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, JIllg said:

They do tend to play the first rounders closer to the vest? No McGlichey, yes Aiyuk but no clear first round guys outside of Ceedee Lamb that year. There’s so little data given the Lance + trade and Solomon Thomas being in Lynch’s grad school class and and Bosa being Bosa lol. The other picks though, you can bet hard on visitors being major draft board guys.

Yeah, the notably didn't have one with McG. 

I don't believe they had one with Solly either, though they did with Foster. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, the notably didn't have one with McG. 

I don't believe they had one with Solly either, though they did with Foster. 

Which OL/edge have they had in their top 30? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which OL/edge have they had in their top 30? 

Kneeland at EDGE

Brandon Dorlus if you consider him an edge, I do not. I think he has to play DT in the NFL, but I'm not sure he can put on the weight. 

As far as I know, they haven't met with any offensive linemen on a top 30