Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)

rackcs

On 4/17/2024 at 8:55 PM, Acgott said:

Rather go CB in Round 2 for the Giants. The Giants signed 100 guards in FA, they have no corners on the roster outside Banks.

18 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I like it as is, but I do agree that Max Melton at 47 and Christian Mahogany at 70 would be slightly better than Beebe and Jackson. Good job Racks.

I figured if Aaron Stinnie is penciled in as a starter, guard is still a need. But fair point on CB being a big need for you guys as well, I'll consider that in my final mock.

On 4/18/2024 at 2:31 AM, RaisinBran said:

Love this outcome for the Raiders. Would be nice to get an LB and interior OL in mid to late rounds... not sure we go for a WR that high in the 4th round but we'll definitely grab someone in the draft. Tucker is the new WR3 and can't hurt to get someone to compete for that 4th or 5th WR spot.

I'll be honest, outside of OL and CB, I don't have a great grasp on Raiders needs right now. So I'll take all of this into consideration.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I figured if Aaron Stinnie is penciled in as a starter, guard is still a need. But fair point on CB being a big need for you guys as well, I'll consider that in my final mock.

I'll be honest, outside of OL and CB, I don't have a great grasp on Raiders needs right now. So I'll take all of this into consideration.

Our starting guards right now are Jon Runyan Jr, who is suitable, and one of Jermaine Eluemunor, Evan Neal, or Josh Ezeudu. Stinnie is strictly depth. But yeah, definitely a question mark there. I think initially we will see Neal out at RT for one final go at it and Eluemunor at guard, which he has played before, and they'll switch if we decide to end the Neal RT experiment.

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Our starting guards right now are Jon Runyan Jr, who is suitable, and one of Jermaine Eluemunor, Evan Neal, or Josh Ezeudu. Stinnie is strictly depth. But yeah, definitely a question mark there. I think initially we will see Neal out at RT for one final go at it and Eluemunor at guard, which he has played before, and they'll switch if we decide to end the Neal RT experiment.

I'm biased when it comes to Neal but I do have hope that he can become at least serviceable with a healthier and improved OL next to him this year.

Questions for you/other Giants fans: How do you think the front office is thinking in regards to Day 2/3 QB? And how do the fans view it?

44 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm biased when it comes to Neal but I do have hope that he can become at least serviceable with a healthier and improved OL next to him this year.

Questions for you/other Giants fans: How do you think the front office is thinking in regards to Day 2/3 QB? And how do the fans view it?

Fans do not like it, but there is so much smoke regarding the Giants moving up from 47 for one of Nix/Penix, from so many reputable sources, that you can't rule it out as a possibility if the Giants miss out on one of these top QBs. Most reputable Giants sources are all reporting the same thing, which is the Giants want to trade up to 3 or 4 for Drake Maye. If they can't get that done and all the QBs are gone at 6, they will take one of the WRs (no indication on preference at all; I have a sneaking suspicion they have Nabers and Odunze tied and Odunze has the tiebreakers due to his insane competitive nature) and trade up (either back into the late 1st or very early day 2) from 47 for Nix or Penix.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 12:50 AM, rackcs said:

32 Kansas City Chiefs Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
64 Kansas City Chiefs Maason Smith, INT, LSU
95 Kansas City Chiefs Caedan Wallace, OT, Penn State
131 Kansas City Chiefs Jared Wiley, TE, TCU
159 Kansas City Chiefs (Dallas) Zak Zinter, OG, Michigan
173 Kansas City Chiefs Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire

Lots of bad rumbling around Mitchell recently, which I semi-buy. Maybe he drops to Day 2. Yet, I have him mocked to us at #32 as well, he seems like an obvious pick if he gets to us (I do think Buffalo 4 picks above us is likely to grab our target)

Not super fond of Smith value here but he does fill a need. I'm not sure we go after a NT in the first two rounds, especially with Kiran there (you know I like him hehe), but I won't totally rule it out either.

I really like the next three picks. I like Wallace and Wiley as a developmental projects. Love Zinter, and we do need to replace Allegretti.

Laube I know very little about, seems like a McKinnon replacement, which at this stage of the draft wouldn't be awful at all

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Lots of bad rumbling around Mitchell recently, which I semi-buy. Maybe he drops to Day 2. Yet, I have him mocked to us at #32 as well, he seems like an obvious pick if he gets to us (I do think Buffalo 4 picks above us is likely to grab our target)

Not super fond of Smith value here but he does fill a need. I'm not sure we go after a NT in the first two rounds, especially with Kiran there (you know I like him hehe), but I won't totally rule it out either.

I really like the next three picks. I like Wallace and Wiley as a developmental projects. Love Zinter, and we do need to replace Allegretti.

Laube I know very little about, seems like a McKinnon replacement, which at this stage of the draft wouldn't be awful at all

I'm not crazy high on Mitchell myself but I feel like the Chiefs are the kind of team who can take a chance on his talent. Plus you guys have the locker room to hopefully keep whatever character issues exist sorted out. I considered him to Buffalo but I've heard rumors they really like Troy Franklin, which is why I had him over Mitchell there.

That 2nd round pick was probably one of the tougher ones for me in this mock. I think it's maybe a little high for Smith but he's got good upside.

Laube is basically a complementary RB dart, he's a very interesting pass catcher. Won't ever be your bellcow for sure but can potentially be a useful guy to have in rotation.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm not crazy high on Mitchell myself but I feel like the Chiefs are the kind of team who can take a chance on his talent. Plus you guys have the locker room to hopefully keep whatever character issues exist sorted out. I considered him to Buffalo but I've heard rumors they really like Troy Franklin, which is why I had him over Mitchell there.

That 2nd round pick was probably one of the tougher ones for me in this mock. I think it's maybe a little high for Smith but he's got good upside.

Laube is basically a complementary RB dart, he's a very interesting pass catcher. Won't ever be your bellcow for sure but can potentially be a useful guy to have in rotation.

The bolded part is exactly why I think we end up with Sweat. Seems like a Chiefs personality. But Chris Jones was a bit like Mitchell coming in and, honestly even the first few years, and it turned out great so maybe

On 4/17/2024 at 5:50 PM, rackcs said:
32 Kansas City Chiefs Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
64 Kansas City Chiefs Maason Smith, INT, LSU
95 Kansas City Chiefs Caedan Wallace, OT, Penn State
131 Kansas City Chiefs Jared Wiley, TE, TCU

1. I do not get the insistence of a WR in round #1. Chop Robinson is a no-brainer here. The Chiefs are thin at pass rush until Omenihu is back in November. 
  2. Smith is fine. Chris Jones is not getting younger. Still, they have several options at NT.
  3. It's late to consider OT but better late than never. Even if Wallace slides inside there is a place on the depth chart.
  4. It's really late to consider TE. Kelce may be in his last season. 

Not the worst I have seen. There is an attempt to get the major points but priorities are off a bit.

For the Bears:

Obviously I like the Caleb pick.  I'd be very surprised to see them take Verse over any of the top 3 WRs if they are there.  Verse is a good pick if Odunze or Nabors aren't there, but I really think they want to load up on offense to give Caleb the best possible shot.  

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:
  1. I do not get the insistence of a WR in round #1. Chop Robinson is a no-brainer here. The Chiefs are thin at pass rush until Omenihu is back in November. 
  2. Smith is fine. Chris Jones is not getting younger. Still, they have several options at NT.
  3. It's late to consider OT but better late than never. Even if Wallace slides inside there is a place on the depth chart.
  4. It's really late to consider TE. Kelce may be in his last season. 

Not the worst I have seen. There is an attempt to get the major points but priorities are off a bit.

So I need to address edge rusher, tackle, and tight end before the 3rd round?

11 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

For the Bears:

Obviously I like the Caleb pick.  I'd be very surprised to see them take Verse over any of the top 3 WRs if they are there.  Verse is a good pick if Odunze or Nabors aren't there, but I really think they want to load up on offense to give Caleb the best possible shot.  

Yeah I think wide receiver is still the likely pick, I was just looking to shake things up this last mock before my final one since I've been mocking them a wide receiver for a while at 9.

Disagree with the Jacob Cowing pick; the Rams don't need another twig at WR. If they draft a wideout, it will probably be at 99. In this mock, Baker, Rice and Washington are all still available at 99. If the Rams are gonna get a third receiver, all those guys are preferable.

As for the rest, can't complain. Not even about Bo Nix; a couple years under Stafford in McVay's system and he just might be legit. Murphy and Booker really boost the pass rush, especially with AD retired.

Edited by Football_Bachelor08
  • Like 1

Don't love the Vikings Trade in first

I thought Isiah Adams was a reach with our next pick thought IOL is a good position to target. I doubt R Sweat drops that far but can't imagine we would pass on him there

L Taylor was a fine pick assuming we did not get Sweat

Good pick with Richardson

167 E. Watts, I didn't go through and see what all you had for edge going by this point but I have Ceasar your very next pick ranked 12 edge rushers higher than Watts.

Good Job capturing positional need just didn't love who you took nor giving up both first for JJ

8 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Disagree with the Jacob Cowing pick; the Rams don't need another twig at WR. If they draft a wideout, it will probably be at 99. In this mock, Baker, Rice and Washington are all still available at 99. If the Rams are gonna get a third receiver, all those guys are preferable.

As for the rest, can't complain. Not even about Bo Nix; a couple years under Stafford in McVay's system and he just might be legit. Murphy and Booker really boost the pass rush, especially with AD retired.

Do the Rams have a lot of twigs at WR now besides Tutu Atwell? I think they've established that they like those kinds of players as well. And someone like Cowing could fit well with Nakua and Kupp. I had Cowing higher on the board than 2 of those players as well.