2023 Eagles General Chat

Danger

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Am I the only one that thinks Budda Baker is pretty overrated?

I guess you could say somewhat, because some people seem to think if we trade for him we are getting a seismic difference maker…instantly making us a top 3 defense.

But he’s a good player, certainly would be an improvement. Good guy to add to JB and Slay to lead those younger guys.

That said I don’t think they are trading for him.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I guess you could say somewhat, because some people seem to think if we trade for him we are getting a seismic difference maker…instantly making us a top 3 defense.

But he’s a good player, certainly would be an improvement. Good guy to add to JB and Slay to lead those younger guys.

That said I don’t think they are trading for him.

To me he's one of those players who if he comes cheap and then walks after this year that's fine, but I don't want to give up substantial draft capital for him. Reed and Syd are the future IMHO.

I wouldn't call Buddah overrated. You plug him into a Defense with talented players (AZ is lacking), no reason to think he wouldn't be a difference maker.

Let's put it this way, K'Von Wallace is the starting SS and Kazir White might be the 2nd best player on that defense? 🙈

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You’re the only one who thought Bijan Robinson was overrated/sucked so that’s probably another trash opinion you have. 

Taking my opinion personally huh?

Like I'm not gonna say Budda Baker is a bad player, but I'm not by any means giving up a 1st for him under any circumstance.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Taking my opinion personally huh?

Like I'm not gonna say Budda Baker is a bad player, but I'm not by any means giving up a 1st for him under any circumstance.

How did you take that from what I said lol. Nobody is giving up a FRP for a safety in todays NFL but he’s not overrated - he’s very good and is well worth a day 2 selection in a trade. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

How did you take that from what I said lol. Nobody is giving up a FRP for a safety in todays NFL but he’s not overrated - he’s very good and is well worth a day 2 selection in a trade. 

Because there were a lot of people suggesting giving up a FRP in the offseason for him.

Hence why I said he seemed overrated.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Because there were a lot of people suggesting giving up a FRP in the offseason for him.

Hence why I said he seemed overrated.

Who? Where? The people On Twitter? 

Nobody with a brain in suggesting that - which would equate to the majority of the Twitter population so I guess that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

To me he's one of those players who if he comes cheap and then walks after this year that's fine, but I don't want to give up substantial draft capital for him. Reed and Syd are the future IMHO.

I think it’s two separate things.

Would he be a great addition to this team and finally a star/reliable player in the middle of the back 7? 100%

Do I want them to move a ton to get him? I’m not sure. Mostly because at some point we have some guys up for extensions and need to do a dance as is to fit them under together. And yeah I think THEY are excited for some of those guys.

But you are getting two years of him at least right? Would let Sydney grow. You have two years to figure out if Syd or Reed are NFL starters, and proceed from there.

With Maddox probably out… I’m more on board with the trade, although I wasn’t gonna be mad at it already. We have a window, stack the deck.