Around The League Talk 2023-24

twotonebluenation

39 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

https://x.com/TicTacTitans/status/1702317243839770900?s=20

one day this offense will have speed

This team will have speed one day.  
I mean I guess they "tried" with Farley, being rumored to run in the 4.3s or lower.  

But we just aren't a fast team. Not a S, LB, CB, or WR.

I guess Chig is fast for a TE at 4.5 and Henry/Spears are explosive, not CJ Fast. 

Well, Tyeek Hill's don't grow on trees.  
We were lucky enough to have CJ here and he was an once in generation star.

looking at all the young talent around the league and then looking at our drafts post-2019 is wild. we legit have not drafted a single real difference-maker in four years. it’s no wonder this team is so mediocre. if ran doesn’t start hitting on some guys and QUICK we’re gonna be a doormat for awhile. 

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

looking at all the young talent around the league and then looking at our drafts post-2019 is wild. we legit have not drafted a single real difference-maker in four years. it’s no wonder this team is so mediocre. if ran doesn’t start hitting on some guys and QUICK we’re gonna be a doormat for awhile. 

Something I also feel is that the NFL is so year to year more than ever.

Yeah. Mahomes will be good basically every year. 

But to me, it seems that players aren't consistently great like they used to be. They are good and good players have great moments. But like just "GREAT" players that show up almost 15/16 out of 17 games is rare. 

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Something I also feel is that the NFL is so year to year more than ever.

Yeah. Mahomes will be good basically every year. 

But to me, it seems that players aren't consistently great like they used to be. They are good and good players have great moments. But like just "GREAT" players that show up almost 15/16 out of 17 games is rare. 

it's been a really weird start to the year. a lot of teams looking straight up bad right now lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

I always say I think that doomed Jon Robinson just as much as the AJ trade. Those covid year drafts (2020 and 2021) are absolutely brutal. To make it even worse, we didn’t hit on any foundational free agents during those years either outside of Autry(like we did before with Delanie, Ben Jones or even a Logan Ryan).

Fortunately early on, it looks like Ran has strunk gold with Skoronski and Spears in the draft and Key and potentially Al-Shaair in free agency