Around The League Talk 2023-24

twotonebluenation

58 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

31st ranked offense. 

Terrible. 

Hey man look at the bright side we are 4th at stopping the run. Don't mind the league is as heavy passing as ever we can stop the run. Hopefully we can get the ground game going too so we can finish right around middle of the pack like always. 

It sucks this offseason we all knew what we should've done, trade Tanne & Henry lean into the rebuild. Granted had to find someone to trade for them. Backed against the wall cap wise thanks to the old regime. Who knows maybe if we start 1-5 we switch it up at QB after the bye. I've not felt this hopeless in the team after 3 weeks in a long while. 

21 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Hey man look at the bright side we are 4th at stopping the run. Don't mind the league is as heavy passing as ever we can stop the run. Hopefully we can get the ground game going too so we can finish right around middle of the pack like always. 

It sucks this offseason we all knew what we should've done, trade Tanne & Henry lean into the rebuild. Granted had to find someone to trade for them. Backed against the wall cap wise thanks to the old regime. Who knows maybe if we start 1-5 we switch it up at QB after the bye. I've not felt this hopeless in the team after 3 weeks in a long while. 

Feels like after we failed to get CJ Stroud Vrabel decided let's give it 1 more year and see what we can do with what we have. And it's just not going to be good this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I am him...he is me. lol

Idk man. My thing is to not let it consume me. Whenever the Titans are stinky, I learn to appreciate other players and parts of the NFL. I think it's ok to feel a certain way, but I won't let it suck my love for the NFL out of me. Or appreciating the smaller pieces of the Titans team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Idk man. My thing is to not let it consume me. Whenever the Titans are stinky, I learn to appreciate other players and parts of the NFL. I think it's ok to feel a certain way, but I won't let it suck my love for the NFL out of me. Or appreciating the smaller pieces of the Titans team.

I guess it would be more accurate to say I WAS him. Then, I got to where you are. 

Watching Titans Highlights are still one of my favorite past times. 

Watching even Malik pre-season and just dreaming. lol

Or

Highlights of seasons past, even when we sucked there were some great moments.

But the days of them controlling my emotions are over. lol Growing older helped too. 

• Like 1

I think I've told it before, but my breaking point of being super emotionally invested in football was the Whisenhunt era. Specifically when we blew the like 28-3 lead or whatever it was to Cleveland in the first year under him. Football never caused me to be angry with other people or anything like that, but I would get upset over bad outcomes of games. I threw my remote control on my bed, which is tame I guess compared to some of the rage over sports videos you see on youtube, but in that moment I realized I was a grown man getting super upset over a sport, and I just decided to quit being like that.

The Whisenhunt era is also the only era where I've ever stopped watching the team. I made it through every Fisher and Munchak game perfectly fine, even 59-0 to the Pats in 09. In terms of college I'd made it through the final disappointing year of Fulmer, Lane Kiffin just up and leaving the Vols after 1 year and Dooley being a walking joke, but I never missed a Titans or Vols game(on purpose, anyway. couple times where I was busy and couldn't watch it of course), but for some reason the incompetence of the Whisenhunt era broke me and when he was finally fired midway in to his 2nd season, I was happy to be able to care about watching again.

When I sit here and compare those times for the Titans and Vols to now I feel grateful. I think both Vrabel and Heupel(Vols coach for those who don't follow CFB) are very good coaches, and I'm glad to be able to watch each week, even if times like now where the Titans need a rebuild.

• Like 2

I think getting older helps/helped a lot in disconnecting a bit. Losing still sucks and winning still feels awesome, but there's something about watching a team make the same mistakes over and over for 20 years that numbs you a bit to the typical Sunday 

the 2021 season that ended in the Cincy game just broke me as a fan. We're not even remotely close to how good that team was, so it kinda tempers expectations a bit. I don't mind being in a rebuild like we are, it just sucks having as hard of a time as we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. This is a really bad team top to bottom, especially on offense. So it'll take some time (and some luck, I'm sure) to become a contender again

• Like 2