Around The League Talk 2023-24

twotonebluenation

14 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Obviously prisoner of the moment, but he seems to be the same sort of players coach motivator meathead as Vrabs with an understanding of modern offenses. Though suppose we will see how he does once his OCs start getting poached. 

And when Schwartz is a head coach again soon.

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Obviously prisoner of the moment, but he seems to be the same sort of players coach motivator meathead as Vrabs with an understanding of modern offenses. Though suppose we will see how he does once his OCs start getting poached. 

I think it's closer to the 2019 Titans maybe?

Good offensive weapons, good o-line. Tannehill play action like QB.  Good defense. 

Just seems to be more like their time than Dan Campbell being an ultimate coach.  He is a good coach tho. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think it's closer to the 2019 Titans maybe?

Good offensive weapons, good o-line. Tannehill play action like QB.  Good defense. 

Just seems to be more like their time than Dan Campbell being an ultimate coach.  He is a good coach tho. 

They also hit on their draft picks while we are over here drafting Isaiah Wilson and Caleb Farley, etc.

• Like 1

https://x.com/Lions/status/1707916431499628915?s=20

@KingTitan If this is happening to the packers, doesn’t seem like any hometown fanbase is safe in packing the stadiums these days. 

The fan landscape is drastically changing these days. I feel like covid transplanted a lot of fans to different cities also. It’s been interesting to see fanbases take over stadiums.

Last year I was in shock how many Vikings fans were in the Bills stadium. I would never think that fanbase would sell out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

@KingTitan If this is happening to the packers, doesn’t seem like any hometown fanbase is safe in packing the stadiums these days. 

The fan landscape is drastically changing these days. I feel like covid transplanted a lot of fans to different cities also. It’s been interesting to see fanbases take over stadiums.

Last year I was in shock how many Vikings fans were in the Bills stadium. I would never think that fanbase would sell out. 

If you know someone who changed their team because they moved to a different city I encourage you to bully them, mercilessly.

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

If you know someone who changed their team because they moved to a different city I encourage you to bully them, mercilessly.

No I am just saying fans of teams they were in cities of may have moved during covid. You saw a lot of people move out of big cities or just move cities in general. So stadiums may have lots of transplants from fans of their previous hometown when their team comes to town. Its what I imagine happens a lot in Nashville because it seems like a city with a lot of transplants.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Nashville was just ahead of the curve. lol

Nashville really shifted to be a heavy tourist city around the time  people were "invading" our stadium. Thriving and ease of the secondary market, Air BnB's easy access airport, driving distance to a lot of people...all that made it easy for fans to come to Nashville.

It's not a matter of people not being fans, it is just super lucrative to sell your seat. Also ticket prices so high, it only makes sense to treat your seat like a rental property at times. Sell a few games to pay for the bill of the season tickets. 

But yeah, when I saw the Lions deep in the Green Bay, I hoped that put all that "no loyal fans" stuff to rest. 
You win, people will be at your games. You are borderline or bad, people gonna make business decisions about coming to the game. 

I'm sure the Bengals will be heavy in the stadium tomorrow and people like Kuharsky will make it a story when it's literally happening everywhere.